10points 3.mq4 - page 465

newdigital:
Hi lordorly,

I did not trade this rsi version yet because 2 versions are performing good for me (not backtesting, forward testing/trading):

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA since 30 of January using 2,000 initial deposit, and 10_points_3_Smi_new EA (since yesterday).

Anyway - I will try this rsi version because rsi indicator is good to select good enter ... i remember the thread where someone used this indicator to create profitable signals ... but they used it in opposite way: level 70 for buy and 30 for sell (breakout way) with take profit 100 for example. So, when I will start trading this rsi version - I will use it on this way (if the settings will allow it).

Newdigital Hi, I guess the default parameters are correct for the 5 pairs.

The Backtest however does not give me very good results, it is normal?

I refer to the versions you use.

Lordorly

newdigital:
lot = 10? It is trading (starting) with lot = 0.01

Sorry I want to increase start to. 1 lot but is only trading 0.10

The reason being it's not opening more than 1 trade. It's going well on AusUsd but it is only opening 0.10

lordorly:
Newdigital Hi, I guess the default parameters are correct for the 5 pairs.

I refer to the versions you use.

Lordorly

Use my settings. Because I tried many versions (by trading/forward testing) with many pairs. The only pair which survived is USDJPY. Other pairs - big drawdown. Please note that it is martingale.

Sorry I want to increase start to. 1 lot but is only trading 0.10

Change mm to false and after that - change lot size from 0.01 to your lot size.

philt:
The reason being it's not opening more than 1 trade. It's going well on AusUsd but it is only opening 0.10

Use my settings (preset file/settings is inside zip/rar file on this post).

It is the settings with mm = false so you can change lot size from 0.01 to any.

lordorly:

As to backtesting ... as I see - it is MTF EA: trading on M1 timeframe with OSMA signals on M30 and Center of Gravity signals taken on M30 and H4 ... so - it is useless to backtest such the EA.

Hello,

I've been studying the 3 pairs for which I had/have issues (EURGBP, USDJPY, and now NZDUSD - this one trending a lot, my mistake .. - )

I think most of the drawdown comes mainly from the grid size : hard value we choose, that I never changed whatever pair it's on.

In my study, I tried to find a common criteria to all those pairs to avoid going over the level 7 (see below) to avoid big DD when using the martingale.

Level LOT cumulated pips (grid)

1 0.01 20

2 0.02 40

3 0.03 60

4 0.05 80

5 0.08 100

6 0.13 120

7 0.21 140

8 0.34 160

9 0.55 180

10 0.9 200

As you can see, with a grid of 20 pips the last level (if max trades = 10, as in default) gets trigerred at -200 pips

Having for those 3 pairs the max DD it went down, I've made different analysis to see if we could come up with a dynamic grid space adapted to the pair the EA is attached too (each pair has its own nature, some would need a bigger grid, other a smaller one)

I've analyzed with different ATR values (300, 200, 100, 50 etc..) from different TF (D1, H4 etc..) at the time the initial trade was opened ; I also tried with the ADR for the previous 5 & 10 days ... nothing common came out of this.

The only thing that worked well was : at the time the trade was taken :

- Measure the ' Highest High - Lowest Low ' of last 20 days

- Divide that value by 7 (the martingale level I wouldn't want to go over) to obtain a theoritical grid space

When I compared this new grid space, for the 3 pairs, with the maximum DD I got for the initial trades, I'd have never gone over the level 7 ( = Max DD / new grid space) (see below snapshot)

Of course, the sample study is maybe too small to be 100% accurate, and the returns could be less, but maybe that's a clue to could bring some more safety.

What do you think ?

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any question

Thx

Olivier

Files:
10pts_hhll.png  56 kb

newdigital:
Use my settings (preset file/settings is inside zip/rar file on this post). It is the settings with mm = false so you can change lot size from 0.01 to any.

Thanks. What does mm stand for?

philt:
Thanks. What does mm stand for?

It stands for money management, if you set it to true the EA will use the % risk you have defined to determine the lot size instead of the hard lot size.

Hi Mrtools,

I do have a question regarding the new EA with RSI, I have 2 open trades in negative (-257 & -127) but the EA didn't try to open other trades with higher lot sizes using the grid (every X pips) (my margin level is more than 14000% so no problem from that side). Did I miss something ?

Also, I choosed the option 'close on trend reversal' but the bot keeps those trades opened.

Thx

Gamma

Reason: