Forex Trading With Simple Setup - page 12

Interesting stuff.

Could you elaborate a little more about profit taking and SL placement?

Happy New Year to all!

Wish you Happy New Year 2007...

Hello Friends,

Wish you Happy New Year 2007...

Best Regards,

Ramdas

Try to put this indicator Ramdas .....really helps...

Files:

SMA (Simple Moving Average) Settings

Greetings Ramdas,

I have reviewed the thread but have not found an answer to this:

(if I missed it .....please forgive my asking!)

There are several settings in the MT4 Moving Average Indicator,

(namely: Period/Shift/Apply to:_______)

you've identified that you are using Simple and the different Periodsettings you are using,

1. what shift settingdo you use?

2. Are you applying it to Close?

Perhaps you can post your template?

Thank you ahead!

Kind regards!

Goldenequity

goldenequity:
Greetings Ramdas,

I have reviewed the thread but have not found an answer to this:

(if I missed it .....please forgive my asking!)

There are several settings in the MT4 Moving Average Indicator,

(namely: Period/Shift/Apply to:_______)

you've identified that you are using Simple and the different Periodsettings you are using,

1. what shift settingdo you use?

2. Are you applying it to Close?

Perhaps you can post your template?

Thank you ahead!

Kind regards!

Goldenequity

Hello Goldenequity,

I am using Simple moving average, apply to close, 0 shift.

I have attached My Template, and Daily & 4Hr pivote indicator.

Along with Screen shoot of my setup.

Zip file. Unzip and move files to respective folders.

Best Regards

Ramdas

Files:
my_setup.rar  75 kb

GBP/USD Chart example..understanding Big move spot

Hello Everyone,

GBP/USD Chart example..understanding Big move spot.

I have attached GBP/USD chart,

In this picture there are two chart , Top is before fact, and bottom is after fact. it is interesting how it looks before fact and how it looks after fact. Only clue available was before fact is price movement around SMA2400 which is strong SMA.

I have mention comment's on chart itself, Pl refer chart.

It is very easy to explain movement after factBut most difficult to understand it before fact....."After fact study"... only show's us whether price has followed system or not.

Best Regards

Ramdas

Trade Frequency

Thanks for the .zip Ramdas that clears the settings issue for me.

I know hind sight (like you say!) is everything.....but practically speaking, how "often" are you getting in or out of the market using this strategy.

Several times a day? Once a day?

I can see on your posted charts what you would consider to be "the perfect storm", a convergence of SMA's on multiple time frames ...all saying the same thing, but that obviously doesn't happen on a daily basis.

I just wanted to get a feel on how frequently (in your experience across the months) this strategy is generating an entry opportunity?

Thanks

Happy 2007 Trading to All!

Happy New Year to you as Well Ramdas!

goldenequity:
Thanks for the .zip Ramdas that clears the settings issue for me.

I know hind sight (like you say!) is everything.....but practically speaking, how "often" are you getting in or out of the market using this strategy.

Several times a day? Once a day?

I can see on your posted charts what you would consider to be "the perfect storm", a convergence of SMA's on multiple time frames ...all saying the same thing, but that obviously doesn't happen on a daily basis.

I just wanted to get a feel on how frequently (in your experience across the months) this strategy is generating an entry opportunity?

Thanks

Hello goldenequity,

If you check chart, you will know how many oportunity market gives.

In and out depend upon which time frame you are using. obivasly 1min will generate more oprtunity with less pips per trade. on daily basis, and 1Hr will generate less oportunity with more pips per trade. 1Hr may not generate oportunity for two day's while market is in consolidation but during same period 1Min or 5min will generate more oportunity.

At same time we can not ignore fact as market is also news driven, and important new's change market setiment. But what i observe is during news event's also , price movement follow SMA resistance / support,

Also it is important to understand that. if i want 100pips.... i should not expect market to give me 100pips..Since I WANT. it is better to understand what market is capable of giving...marke may give me more than i expect.

Best Regards

Ramdas

GBP/USD Movement on 1min and 5min chart

Hello everyone,

GBP/USD Movement on 1min and 5min chart.

This chart is on SBFX platform since it started when market started. all other Alpari and NF platform started late so Moving average is disturb on those platform.

You can see on chart which was best buy point. And how price rise again from buy point.

Check yourself Amazing price action.

Best Regards

Ramdas

Files:
gbp_usd_tmp.gif  40 kb
Reason: