Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 26

got ya cheeers

21 dec update

Hi,

I hope that you have understood by now the importance of being earnest( of having stops in place..;) )..please see pic.

It looks like the trend is going,again to change,no problem,we will wait for the down setup ...if that is the case

This is the worst situation for this kind of system,since there are continuous changes in trend with continuous whipsaws..perfect for learning

Basically,thanks to stops,we will lose between25 to 50 pips,ON AVERAGE ,for the trades done in the whipsaw period..that is to expect..since our position is correctly leveraged,this does not kills our account,nor it decreases substantially its value.

When we catch a mini(4h)trend we will enter around 3/5 times and we will TP,successfully,2 to 4 of them..so,does this,and my previous, comment makes you wonder about what is the best strategy for TP?

Will recap tonight(CET) ..and post the rules for tomorrow.

Regards,

Simba

Files:
entry21d3.gif  33 kb

zathar:
Here's the Simba's Chandelier indicator which gives an alert when the trend changes (when the stop flips from blue to red or vice versa). Also attached the latest version of Williams Alert, which gives alerts only once per 5 min bar. Somebody posted it earlier, but it had a small bug (wasn't drawing the indicator after the alert).

Thanks again Zather for cleaning up the Williams Alert.

As for the Chandelier Alert, the alerts would not stop, so I modified it a little to give one alert per hour bar and sends me alert to my email. Still would be nice to know if alert was red or blue.

Enjoy,

Ericbach

Files:

Hello Simba,

thank you for sharing this strategy with us ! I will keep my computer running for the next days to watch this system. I wonder how often on average the SATL indicator changes its color during one 4 h period...I think this will be crucial. I have had many occasions in the past where a "repainting indicator" has fooled me completely. In hindsight, signals looked great...but when I tried to trade it in realtime, my account was ripped to pieces... .

Regards,

Larry

This week and next week could be a challenge to trade the markets because of the peak time of the holiday season.

Traderlarry

Traderlarry:
Hello Simba,

thank you for sharing this strategy with us ! I will keep my computer running for the next days to watch this system. I wonder how often on average the SATL indicator changes its color during one 4 h period...I think this will be crucial. I have had many occasions in the past where a "repainting indicator" has fooled me completely. In hindsight, signals looked great...but when I tried to trade it in realtime, my account was ripped to pieces... .

Regards,

Larry

Hi,and wellcome

It usually happens when price crosses the SATL in the opposite direction,

the majority of times that the price is above blue satl or below red one ,you can believe the trend is real and trade with confidence.

The average length of this minitrends is one trading week(see pic1)where this system trades profitably,sometimes,like a few weeks ago,we have lengths of approx 3 weeks(see pic2)where this system makes a killing,and,sometimes,like now(see pic3),we have minitrades of 2 to 3 days where this system loses.

Hope you got an idea

Simba

Files:
pic1.gif  27 kb
pic2.gif  26 kb
pic3.gif  31 kb

Hello Simba,

thanks for the quick reply ! I think I got the idea . By the way, the EUR/JPY seems to like SATL very much ! ( I really need to learn how to make screenshots ;-) ).

Regards,

Larry

Rules for 22 dec

Hi All,

Boring day today,the trend has gone back to positive,again,so,it is a grinding trading range.

Those of you that took the trade have been stopped out with a loss of approx 25 pips,that according to our position size,means we are down(cumulative) 13% approx,or -200 pips(which is not the right way to estimate it,just to keep track)

We do not count the first nd second day +15 and +30 pips in profit

So ,we lost -130pips in 175% position,without stops(no stops on purpose to show what can happen when you do not have stops(o.35/5kusd position)

Yesterday we lost-45 pips on a 0.2/5kusd

today we lost -25pips on a 0.2/5kusd position

So,we have an enviable track record..;)

For tomorrow ,the rules are the same as for today..if you want to trade ,which I will not..I start my Christmas mini vacations tomorrow and won`t be back until the 27 of December,so,until then,for those of you that want to papertrade..follow the actual rules,for the moment..and be so kind,if possible to post your paper results,so we can keep track of them.

Have a nice time with your families and loved ones during these festivities.

See you in a few days

Simba

Traderlarry

Traderlarry:
Hello Simba,

thanks for the quick reply ! I think I got the idea . By the way, the EUR/JPY seems to like SATL very much ! ( I really need to learn how to make screenshots ;-) ).

Regards,

Larry

Hi TraderLarry,

The EURJPY loves to trend,anyway I have found that this is one of the most difficult pairs to trade with this system,on a consistent basis.

In fact,my personal feeling is that all pairs XXXJPY(USD,EUR,AUD..)should be better traded with a trend indicator based on daily basis,not 4H..but this is just a feeling and not supported by extensive testing,so,just keep this info in the back of your mind..

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

Simba

TraderLarry screenshots

Hi TraderLarry,I forgot to explain about the screenshots..in your MT4 PLATFORM go to file/save as picture/and then you choose the option(.gif is better for posting..save as is,is right)save into your images folder.Then when you want to post,before submitting the reply,you just scroll down and click the "manage attachments" button",choose the imagine by examining your folders andthen upload.You can upload a max of 5 images.

Hope this is hopeful

Simba

Reason: