Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 30

Today at 2:10 CET we were near to a valid signal and it would be a good one. Apart from the fact that it was not a valid one, I was sleeping

So, I have to "practice the noble art of patience"

Regards

KptMisiu

Files:
simba120107.jpg  72 kb

SIMBA:
My friend,

Reading your post has made me realize that I am wasting my time..too.

My purpose was not to provide you with any signals.."Do not give them a fish,

teach them how to fish..".Well,it is not always possible to do so..at least for everybody..and I am referring to myself

"Is there anything else to learn while we wait?..what about quantum physics?

Multiorgasmic sex practices?The reason why Neanderthals perished?Climatic change effective stop measures?AIDS prevention?Why during a time span less than 100 years,in GREECE we had ARISTOTLE,PLATO,ALEXANDER THE GREAT,ALKYBIADES?

Why during a similar timespan,in ITALY,around 500 years ago,we had LEONARDO,MICHELANGELO,TINTORETTO,MEDICIS,BORGIA,MACCHIAVELLI?.....once you have learnt the abovementioned(please be so kind to explain them to me..specially the multiorgasmic sex one ),if you are still waiting ,I can provide you with new and interesting learning targets.

The major indicator is the 4h trend..at least for GBPUSD..You can create a profitable system using no other indicator

The intermediate indicator is the 1h Chandelier..you can create a profitable system using Chandelier stops on different timeframes

The minor indicator is the %R..you do not like it..well done(I prefer rare..)..please post/suggest an efficient alternative..by the way,you can either use it to improve the 2 abovementioned "possible systems ", or to create a system on its own,though with different parameters..;)..

..And you can not do it(a system on one oscillator) with RSI,STOCHASTICS,MOMENTUM..so,it is one of the most responsive oscillators,and since it is not widely used,you will be using a differentiating tool that will help you carve your niche in the market..do not rely on me,the market is better,to show otherwise..open your mouth..but open your ears and your mind too..Do not hope,Hope is THE cardinal sin in trading,just do your homework..so,don`t Hope..Open..

Enjoy life

Simba

I'm glad you included those little winking icons !

Don't get me wrong, I'm am waiting for the system to give a signal and commenting on how it looks so far ( impatiently ). But I'm willing to learn so please continue the thread. I want to change like the wind, float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. And if you get the same junk email as me you will have no problem with the multi orgasmic sex ! As for the quantum physics, applying Heisenbergs uncertainty principal to the currency market could be food for thought.

Chandelier

KptMisiu:
Today at 2:10 CET we were near to a valid signal and it would be a good one. Apart from the fact that it was not a valid one, I was sleeping

So, I have to "practice the noble art of patience"

Regards

KptMisiu

Dear KptMisiu

Thanks for posting.

You are right..it was a no signal.

If you want to do something interesting,while you practice the noble art of patience..do the following...go to strategy tester,gbpusd1h,put it in visual mode,open any standard expert,play,pause,open Chandelier,play again regulating the speed,around 30 is ok...and just imagine that you are trading only on the Chand..tell me what you think..do the same for 30m ,4h,1d..do the same for USDCHF and USDJPY..you will learn a lot.

If any member can create and post a simple(I presume ) EA based on the Chandelier rules,standard settings, all of us will learn a lot by extensively testing it .

Regards

Simba

One Minute

Hi everybody,

For those of you that are getting bored with the lack of signals during these days...You can go down to 1M timeframe and apply the same rules..just don`t do it in front of news

Please see pic

Simba

Files:
oneminute.gif  15 kb

Hi Simba, hi all,

I did this analysis, like You adviced and I saw a lot false signals filtered by chandelier so I decided to make an analysis of chandelier on different timeframes.

I took gbp/usd 30min and put 30min, 1h and 4h chandeliers on it to see why You chose 1h chandelier and why not other timeframe.

In my attached picture you can see on point 1 a begining of a consolidation(here I call it like this) with 4h chandelier and at point 4 the end. You would have been lost some pip in this time while on other timeframes you would be gained some.

At point 3 60min chandelier ends and at 4 an "uptrend" begins(long uptrend). At this time the 4H chandelier did not yet change the side and we lose some area(pips).

If you analyse the 60min chandelier with the little bit faster 30min chandelier you will see much "noisy" signals by 30min chandelier.

I think, now I understand, why Simba took the 60 min chandelier.

I attach the indicators I used. Maybe you guys can make other experience with it.

Regards

KptMisiu

KptMisiu

KptMisiu:
Hi Simba, hi all,

I did this analysis, like You adviced and I saw a lot false signals filtered by chandelier so I decided to make an analysis of chandelier on different timeframes.

I took gbp/usd 30min and put 30min, 1h and 4h chandeliers on it to see why You chose 1h chandelier and why not other timeframe.

In my attached picture you can see on point 1 a begining of a consolidation(here I call it like this) with 4h chandelier and at point 4 the end. You would have been lost some pip in this time while on other timeframes you would be gained some.

At point 3 60min chandelier ends and at 4 an "uptrend" begins(long uptrend). At this time the 4H chandelier did not yet change the side and we lose some area(pips).

If you analyse the 60min chandelier with the little bit faster 30min chandelier you will see much "noisy" signals by 30min chandelier.

I think, now I understand, why Simba took the 60 min chandelier.

I attach the indicators I used. Maybe you guys can make other experience with it.

Regards

KptMisiu

Hi KptMisiu,

Congratulations for your excellent post,and thanks for Zathar indicator`s modifications..now,when you have time..you can test a new additional strategy..

ADDITIONAL STRATEGY:Basically you are trying to improve the 1h entry on The Chandelier change(which,as you have checked by yourself,is not bad)

SET UP:Change in 1h Chandelier..forget,for the moment, the xpMASatl4h..

It will come back soon..I promise

Entry:%R same rules as Simbabasic..but on 1M

Exit 1:Stop.. the Chandelier,with its related 1h rules,as per simbabasic system

Exit 2:Take Profit1..at 30/50 pips,or..Take Profit2 at 1.5 times the distance from entry to the Chandelier,or..Take Profit3 just ride the trend..tell me what you think is better and why.

Position Size:0.5 lots per each 10KUSD in demo account,so,leverage is approx 10 to 1.

If you-or anybody else-want to try this,you will learn a lot about the "tools" we are using..and I will keep posting several additional strategies for everybody to play with and tell me what they think about.

Regards

Simba

Simba,

I will try the new strategy and post my thoughts. Till now I think there is a problem with the distance from entry to the chandelier because of its different timeframes. The %williams range as an entry has an 1 min timeframe while chandelier uses 1h timeframe. You can see on the screenshot that the first two circles are deep to the stop while the third is a little bit far away from chandelier. Do we have to start thinking different?

I was trying to find how chandelier works/calculates, but I didn't find anything. I don't understand the code. Does anybody know where I can find instructions for chandelier?

KptMisiu

KptMisiu:
Simba,

I will try the new strategy and post my thoughts. Till now I think there is a problem with the distance from entry to the chandelier because of its different timeframes. The %williams range as an entry has an 1 min timeframe while chandelier uses 1h timeframe. You can see on the screenshot that the first two circles are deep to the stop while the third is a little bit far away from chandelier. Do we have to start thinking different?

I was trying to find how chandelier works/calculates, but I didn't find anything. I don't understand the code. Does anybody know where I can find instructions for chandelier?

Hi KptMisiu,

Do not trade 1M in front of news..remember..even if it would have worked perfectly for +100 pips..you are starting to get the right nuances to pick..the distance from the Chand,in this case,gave you additional information..to make a prudent decision..even if ,in this case,you could have made 100+ pips,systematically trading 1M %R in front of news is not a good idea..reward vs risk ratio implicit in your 2 first circles(and one of the TP optional strategies) are what we are looking for..keep looking..and post your comments..and thanks,my friend.

Simba

KptMisiu-Chandelier information

KptMisiu:
Simba,

Hope this helps,

"The Chandelier Stop is a trailing stop that is based on the volatility of the market. The equations for the Chandelier Stop indicator are as follows:

If Long: CS=HH-Factor*EMA(Range, Length)

If Short: CS=LL+Factor*EMA(Range,Length)

Here, HH denotes the highest High since the indicator flipped from Short to Long, LL is the lowest Low since the indicator flipped from Long to Short, and EMA represents an exponential moving average. Values of Factor and Length are input by the user, with the default values set to 4 and 15, respectively. When used for long-term, trend-following systems, the best values for Factor in most markets range from 2.5 to 4.0, while the Length is usually set in the range from 10 to 20. You should conduct parametric studies on Factor and Length to find the best values of these parameters for the particular market or issue you are trading"

SO,BASICALLY..it takes the Highest high/Lower low since last change and takes from/adds 4 times the 15 periods ATR to calculate the Chand

Regards

Simba

Reason: