Live Testing reports - page 52

Frank Forex:
Ok everyone I need your help. I am currently running the Phoenix version 5.6.03 changed using only mode 1, only the pound and it is doing really well. The Phoenix placed and ordered to go short last night just at about 00:23GMT. The problem we had with that particular position is that it came within one pip of taking profits and then as you all know it surged back up and now has us at a loss of $200.00. But really liked the way the 5.6 version works. I was wondering if anybody knows of newer versions that has a built in trailing stop that starts at a particular profit point. It And in needs to be of little bit smarter and start at a particular point of profit if that is not the case I am willing to look at a trailing stop that it is just a trailing stopped E. A. and not built into the Phoenix. I am also looking for a Phoenix that has not been changed from the original 5.6.03 version unless you can give me some really good reasons why I should be using the newer version over the old version like a live trading report over a month. Here are the results over the past week.

the main reason to use newer versions is that I didn't change the program. I added a few optional features so it would be more reliable, but Phoenix as a system was left alone. If you look at post #264 in the programming thread, you can see the suggestion I made that allows ts after a profit point has been hit. Example is based on 5.7.2 because trailing stops were not as effective in prior versions of phoenix (I didn't like the way they worked in all previous versions - ts needed another filter). I think Pcontour even made a version of 5.7.2 with the change built in to the download.

Most of the changes made in Phoenix since 5.6.3 were made to Mode 3 because it was very broken. Only minor changes were made to Mode 1. I suggest setting ConsecSignals =1 if you want Mode 1 to behave the same way it has before.

Also, if you like our work, PhoenixFund is now a nonprofit IB for FXDD. All IB and donated money is traded with Phoenix (hoping to start in March) and 50% of the winnings each month are reinvested while 50% go to programs that align with the UN Development Program goals.

anybody else having *&%#@!*@& results on EURUSD and USDJPY today (feb 27th) ??

(version 5.7.0 that is on FXDD)

AZBOfin

PS: bertbin... where are you ??? probably surfing again or bootie watching

fikko:

very interesting stuff! good job !

AZBOfin

Trailing Stops

Frank Forex:
Forex Frank - looking for Trailing Stop

Trailing Stop Version

daraknor:
I think I can program that without too much trouble. thank you very much for sharing your strategy!
What I call a train is a set of correct signal with 42 pips distance. Phoenix supposedly only open 1 trade each time.

Daraknor, what did Fikko really mean in his instructions, perhaps I don't have enough experience to understand.

When you get a new signal for "sell", trade it. When you get a new signal for "buy" while you are already in a "sell", you should close the sell, and open a buy.

AZBOfin:

AZBOfin

No ! No ! I am here !!!! Bad yesterday... better to day... statement here... I have been totally afraid yesterday coz all trades were in RRREEEDDD ! Plus a bunch of bad closed trades (EUR/JPY direct to SL !!!)

Seems that we are going to have a shaky week... (NY Dow Jones + Shangai = febrility at all stages !)

I don't think (hummm! ) will go upper 3300 (main last resistance) or... big bang...

Waiting always impatiently the wonderfull P6...

BTW look at an indicator named aNina_v1. Simple and interesting to watch the "rotation points". I asked Mario what he think about it but for the moment he is "on the road"...

Better weather in Arizona ???

Files:

Pcontour:
Daraknor, what did Fikko really mean in his instructions, perhaps I don't have enough experience to understand.

Phoenix has a lot of false signal, so people must learn how to read the indicator signal. This is good for mode 1 trading. I like this mode, phoenix original taste.

When starting open a trade with a signal, then it will be ended until 42 pips profit is taken. Then it continues to find next signal. The signals during the open trade has to be ignored.

It means you are already in a train (sets of signal with 42 pips difference)

Best time to start phoenix is after a hill or a valley. In a flat situation is better.

I am just studying USDJPY curve. Other pair may have different behaviour. That's why I am focusing on USDJPY for better understanding.

AZBOfin:

AZBOfin

Good results this night !

Reason: