Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 27

That is a feature intended for Phoenix 6, as an exit strategy. Here is a delayed trailing stop:

line 420: if(((Bid - OrderOpenPrice()) > (Point * P_Mode1_TrailingStop)) && (OrderStopLoss() OrderOpenPrice()))

line 434: if(((OrderOpenPrice() - Ask) > (Point * P_Mode1_TrailingStop)) && (OrderStopLoss() > (Ask + Point * P_Mode1_TrailingStop)) && (Ask < OrderOpenPrice()))[/CODE]

To have a delay of 50 pips, and a setting of 10 TrailingStop, set P_Mode1_TrailingStop = 10 and then change the code to the following:

[CODE]

line 420: if(((Bid - OrderOpenPrice()) > (Point * P_Mode1_TrailingStop)) && (OrderStopLoss() OrderOpenPrice()+50*Point))

line 434: if(((OrderOpenPrice() - Ask) > (Point * P_Mode1_TrailingStop)) && (OrderStopLoss() > (Ask + Point * P_Mode1_TrailingStop)) && (Ask < OrderOpenPrice()-50*Point))

You can also make a new variable called TSDelay and use that instead of 50. (the only change on the line was at the very end.) I don't want to release a new version of Phoenix just with the variable change, because it will mess up the settings files and testing. It is an easy change to make, but I prefer people do it on their own or in unofficial releases.

Happy News: PhoenixFund has been officially approved as an FXDD IB. Please submit your registered name to me in a PM if you joined early!

Great Results for Tiger Trailing Stop

CashTiger:
In some cases of my tests, the trades are in the winning range an than turned in to loss. So I want to add a SL in the profit range from 10 PIPS if the trades are 50 PIPS in profit, for example.

My opinion: Better a little profit than a loss !

1. I can handle it manuel but I want it...

2. ...automated

But my programming skills are very poor.

Have anyone an idea ?

THX

CashTiger

CashTiger,

You need to learn some basics about the programming to meet your individual needs. The problem you have is that you want to add a SL once the trade is in profit.

I made a new version of my 5.7.2.W program because this update had such great results.

I changed the code so that when the TS kicks in the TP TakeProfit is set to 999.

I tested this and optimized for one currency only: GBPUSD. A one currency test is not enough to evaluate the idea, only the code. You should try it on other currencies. It made up to 44% difference on the profitside and similar downside

The results are so incredible, I made it part of my W code. The code is in the First Post of the Setting File Converters

Fully Compatible with all 5.7.2 settings files.

Simple

Hello everyone,

I have only one question. Is the phoenix working or not I spent the last day reading over the phoenix posts (ALL OF THEM) and I can not seem to find a discernible pattern of success or no success except on the MODE 1. I have been trading the 4x for 3 years now with strong results but a lot of burn out, based on the 4x market being 24/5.5 days a week. This is the reason I have turned to EA’s. I have no programming experience, but a very advanced working knowledge on technical analysis. I relly need to get my life back and the only way I can do that is with an EA. I am willing to pay for an EA with the right track record. Not like you need to know this but if I don't do the 4x market in an EA and get my life back it ether my family or the 4x. PLEASE HELP!

Delayed Trailing Stop

Great to see the delayed trailing stop finally being implemented

Had this/a similar idea last year in the original Phoenix thread too (http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=137343&postcount=762).

Unfortunately nobody did something with it back then. Since I'm a rubbish coder I do very much appreciate you guys taking on this chore and make it happen at last!

Thanks!

Vince

(PS: still rather busy at work :-( Hope to be able to spend more time with the development of Phoenix again in the near future as I was able to in the past...)

TP to 999

PContour, which is the version of PH with the TP that slips up to 999 when TS engages? Or better yet, could you snip the code? I'd like to try that. I'm using 5.7.2W currently, but I reversed all the signals to make it a trend follower.

Pcontour's latest 5.7.2W has the modifications. I recommend getting the most recent one.

Pcontour:
CashTiger,

You need to learn some basics about the programming to meet your individual needs. The problem you have is that you want to add a SL once the trade is in profit.

I made a new version of my 5.7.2.W program because this update had such great results.

I changed the code so that when the TS kicks in the TP TakeProfit is set to 999.

I tested this and optimized for one currency only: GBPUSD. A one currency test is not enough to evaluate the idea, only the code. You should try it on other currencies. It made up to 44% difference on the profitside and similar downside

The results are so incredible, I made it part of my W code. The code is in the First Post of the Setting File Converters

Fully Compatible with all 5.7.2 settings files.

Pcontour great work with this version. I tested this EA with your settings of TS=45 Mode 1 on USDJPY, EURJPY, GBPJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD but didn't take profits in due time.

I had trades out to $400 in profit and it should have closed it out as I believe you can miss great profits. Am I suppose to manaully close the trade out since we are still testing?

XOLOSIS:
Pcontour great work with this version. I tested this EA with your settings of TS=45 Mode 1 on USDJPY, EURJPY, GBPJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD but didn't take profits in due time. I had trades out to $400 in profit and it should have closed it out as I believe you can miss great profits. Am I suppose to manaully close the trade out since we are still testing?

Thanks for the compliment.

You need to learn what a Trailing stop is. When you use a TS=45 and get rid of the TP then the trade is going to close 45 pips below the best price. So, it works as designed. You need to learn what optimization is. I didn't recommend TS=45. I made a program modification that people could test out, optimize for themselves, and let us all know if the change produced a good profit. Read all the manuals on Phoenix. It takes a long time to understand everything, I am still learning and I am not ready to do live trading yet. Good luck with your studies.

Phoenix, is very highly tuned (with 4 signals) when it comes to opening trades, but it doesn't use any signals when closing trades. A new version of the 5.7.2.W is coming out soon of this TS with a new twist. It leaves a little less money on the table by tightening the TS as you go higher above the starting price.

Reason: