Settings Files - page 11

It is good to hear people are trying to come up with settings at least.

Trading 0.3 lots, PhoenixFund made $103.17 each on two trades since 07-13-2007. Last trade before that was 06-28 closing 07-02. So far USDJPY M30 is 10 wins, 2 losses in 1.5 months. I think these settings are decent, and PhoenixFund is profitable because of them. (I turned off USDCHF).

I am new to Phoenix and I am trying to find a location with the current/best settings for each currency pair.

I have the latest P6 with USDCHF settings which on first run has banked profit, but would like to add more pairs into the mix.

Is there a point of reference / post that has the latest or best settings for each pair?

Hi

great works Daraknor, Ill try test it

which set up is for 30 min USDCHF?

thx

You're basically looking at the reference.

I just disabled the USDJPY M30 settings after 3 losses. So far for the month, 2 wins 3 losses.

These settings overall have performed with 16 wins, 5 losses.

The key to keeping Phoenix profitable I think is having settings that you monitor, and turning them off when they don't perform. You need a "finger on the button" instead of a "fire and forget" strategy.

I will need to spend time reviewing all of the settings, recent performance, etc in order to find settings that I will use again. I can't optimize, but I can check the current status of settings with a quick backtest. I requested other people optimize and posted a file in this thread to use as a seed for optimization.

new settings for v6

Hello, the guide for Phoenix is outdated. Where is a list and definitions for the the new settings for Pv6b6?

Thanks

Cannot reproduce good results with p573 usdjpy

Hello !

I backtested with p573_usdjpy_15min.set at

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175571/page6

I attached the results which are bad.

Anybody was successful on this backtest ?

I am using InterbankFX MT4 offline.

Jan 01 2006 to Dec 01 2006. Every Tick.

How can I make the backtest better ?

pjo:
Hello !

I backtested with p573_usdjpy_15min.set at

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175571/page6

I attached the results which are bad.

Anybody was successful on this backtest ?

I am using InterbankFX MT4 offline.

Jan 01 2006 to Dec 01 2006. Every Tick.

How can I make the backtest better ?

I think you are using 5.7.4 with a 5.7.3 settings file that would be fine.

1. Try PreSettings = true and see if the results are better.

2. Use Phoenix 5.7.4 for sure and use the Money management.

C_Function_Y======= U_MM Money Management decreases lotsize in a losing streak =====

U_MM=0

The money management is turned off. This section helps to stop trading in bad markets.

Tried again but...

Pcontour:
I think you are using 5.7.4 with a 5.7.3 settings file that would be fine.

1. Try PreSettings = true and see if the results are better.

2. Use Phoenix 5.7.4 for sure and use the Money management.

C_Function_Y======= U_MM Money Management decreases lotsize in a losing streak =====

U_MM=0

The money management is turned off. This section helps to stop trading in bad markets.

Thanks Pcontour,

I changed the two

setting as you advise but the result is bad.

journal has many invalid trade volume.

2007.10.25 12:30:52 2006.11.30 21:29 Phoenix_EA_v5_7_4 USDJPY,M15: Error Ordersend Mode 1 Sell (131 - invalid trade volume):

2007.10.25 12:30:52 2006.11.30 21:29 Phoenix_EA_v5_7_4 USDJPY,M15: OrderSend error 131

pjo

pjo:
Thanks Pcontour,

I changed the two

setting as you advise but the result is bad.

journal has many invalid trade volume.

2007.10.25 12:30:52 2006.11.30 21:29 Phoenix_EA_v5_7_4 USDJPY,M15: Error Ordersend Mode 1 Sell (131 - invalid trade volume):

2007.10.25 12:30:52 2006.11.30 21:29 Phoenix_EA_v5_7_4 USDJPY,M15: OrderSend error 131

pjo

Here are a couple more ideas.

Go to FXDD and get the software from there. Then you will get an FXDD account. If you setup the FXDD installaton in a different folder from what you have now and you type in a different "start menu" folders location from the default during installation you can keep FXDD separate from your current broker.

MetaTrader Platform, Mobile Forex Software | FXDD

I have never seen anyone report a 131 message in Mode 1.

I had to restore my Vista system back and lost my metatrader install etc. I am interest in finding out what really causes this 131 message. It has been reported by different people usually only in live trading. I will need to reload a bunch of stuff from my old computer.

Your results don't look bad compared with your first test. I think that ending up with 10,000 is better than ending up with nothing.

Someone said.

I get this error with FXDD trying to test the EA with Micro Lots

If you know any coding try to print out the lot size on each trade you are about to make and see if it is wrong.

If you run the same test again do you get the same result. 131.

I will try to work with you to find the cause of this error, on the weekend. Do you think the code continues on to do other trades even though this happens?

I'm off to bed.

Everyone has these problems when they are starting out.

FXDD showed good result

Pcontour:
Here are a couple more ideas.

Go to FXDD and get the software from there. Then you will get an FXDD account. If you setup the FXDD installaton in a different folder from what you have now and you type in a different "start menu" folders location from the default during installation you can keep FXDD separate from your current broker.

MetaTrader Platform, Mobile Forex Software | FXDD

I have never seen anyone report a 131 message in Mode 1.

I had to restore my Vista system back and lost my metatrader install etc. I am interest in finding out what really causes this 131 message. It has been reported by different people usually only in live trading. I will need to reload a bunch of stuff from my old computer.

Your results don't look bad compared with your first test. I think that ending up with 10,000 is better than ending up with nothing.

Someone said.

I get this error with FXDD trying to test the EA with Micro Lots

If you know any coding try to print out the lot size on each trade you are about to make and see if it is wrong.

If you run the same test again do you get the same result. 131.

I will try to work with you to find the cause of this error, on the weekend. Do you think the code continues on to do other trades even though this happens?

I'm off to bed.

Everyone has these problems when they are starting out.

I have been using FXDD for demo already.

I took a chance to load Alpari optimized minimum drawdown set into FXDD and the result is very nice.

The set is Alpari optimized plus

PreSettings = true

U_MM=true

Reason: