Current info on Phoenix

I am new to phoenix and have been reading for days

Could someone post what version they are currently running

What set files their are using, time frames, what pairs

I am just looking for a starting point to start testing

I think you can find something new about last version here.

toddanderson:
I am new to phoenix and have been reading for days

Could someone post what version they are currently running

What set files their are using, time frames, what pairs

I am just looking for a starting point to start testing

igorad:
I think you can find something new about last version here.

regarding the above

"Well, what to tell about my EA. First of all it has nothing to do with the previous Phoenix. SonOfPhoenix is just a name, no more. This EA is the result of a project I’m doing with someone else. It’s not suitable for a contest like this one (I should have send in my adapted version of Phoenix. Lot’s more of firework that one, but at the last moment I decided to bring in the version I’m using now for the contest because I was curious how it would behave. Wrong decision after all I think, but let’s see what it will do for the coming weeks). And what’s worse of all, it is only finished half way. The final EA will be a multi-pair, multi-timeframe EA that will trade very rarely, maybe 12 trades a year for a pair (on one time-frame). But as we have 30 pairs and 4 suitable time frames there will be enough trades after all. Profitable trades will be between 80 to 90%.

The EA finally wake up today, made some losses and went back to sleep again. Phew… live can be hard for a coder!

I just looked at the results of your EA: these are just great!! If you continue this way you will, no matter what, be a winner!"

Hendricks words above.

I have found that the USDCHF settings that come with Phoenix 6 are alive and well. I'm working on getting more settings and GBPJPY shows some promise but the results are still early.

The code was adapted for a few different strategies: EASY, RSI trading, some ATR strategies, etc but none of them were profitable.

I'm currently working a grid system that does news avoidance and uses no indicators.

Daraknor: Can you attach this set for USD/CHF?

Help backtesting Phoenix 6

I don't get any results backtesting Phoenix 6 in MT4 Stategy Tester. I am able to test Phoenix 5_7_0 just fine. Is there anything special I have to do?

How is Phoenix doing in March 2010?

Im new to reading this and basing from my reading, the latest version is Phoenix6 Simple Beta5. Looks like the dust has settled on testing this version. The more your satisfied, the lesser you post. True?

There is a lot to search in this website, did I find the latest version of Phoenix which is 6Beta5? Appreciate your posts, and thanks to Daraknor.

Is the Project still active?

Is there any live in de forum. It seems that the projects is very quiet since the release af Phoenix6. What is the reason for it?

I can't read on the forum that the project is shutdown?! It just looks like everything was shuttingdown suddenly... I hope not but anyway....

Well I just did a backtesting and finetunning of Phoenix6. It looks nearly perfect!

peterkepeterke:
... Well I just did a backtesting and finetunning of Phoenix6. It looks nearly perfect!

So what should be changed then? Or should it be changed just for the sake of changing?

Happy trading

mladen:
So what should be changed then? Or should it be changed just for the sake of changing? Happy trading

Well...because I don't see any real activity I was wondering why it was. Is Phoenix still working? Is there a problem with it? I just was expecting to find more discussion about it at present time...... what is a good shot for finetunning times etc...etc.... are their people with good real-live results.. Well if nobody is speaking about Phoenix anymore... then the question is valid if it's still performing like in 2007...;)

Reason: