Settings Files - page 10

The optimization guide here will show you step by step how to create a .set file

To open..... If you mean how to load it, hit the "load" button under the "input" tab when you attach the EA, navigate to the directory where you saved the file, and load. If you just want to look at what's inside a .set file, you can just use Window's notepad to open it.

hhsmoney:
The optimization guide here will show you step by step how to create a .set file To open..... If you mean how to load it, hit the "load" button under the "input" tab when you attach the EA, navigate to the directory where you saved the file, and load. If you just want to look at what's inside a .set file, you can just use Window's notepad to open it.

Thanks much!

Phoenix Contest converted to P6B5

I converted the settings file used in Phoenix 4 Contest version over to P6B5. Now Phoenix 6 can be run with the USDJPY settings that did so well. The settings are performing well on backtest on M30 and NOT M15. The settings file indicates this, and will not run on M15 (a safety feature in Phoenix 6).

If you compare the two settings, please note how DVBuySell and DVStayOut use a different scale in P6B5. What was DVBuySell 0.003 is now 0.3, what was DVStayOut 0.024 is now 2.4. This is to make the settings more universal across different currencies. If you look at GBPUSD for P6 you will similar values instead of much much smaller ones. (The number of decimal places in the currency determines the scale of Signal 4.)

For people who like to experiment with settings provided, try turning off Signal2 and you will see a performance increase, but I don't know how significant that is. I'd also recommend experimenting with the different settings like trailing stops.

Sorry for the long break in posting to the community, I have been sick and moved, then somewhat sick again. :/ PhoenixFund is running live trading with the settings file as provided.

Nice to have you back

Glad your doing well again. I haven't had anything happening with a Phoenix 5.7.5, I may have a fix for the mode 3 problem with the 131 error but I need someone who can get it, and repeat it so I can send them a test version.

Welcome back Daracknor !

USDCHF New settings p6b5

Here are some new settings, I'm loading these onto PhoenixFund immediately. I recommend other people do the same.

It appears the GBPUSD settings for Phoenix 5 finally broke.

daraknor:
Here are some new settings, I'm loading these onto PhoenixFund immediately. I recommend other people do the same. It appears the GBPUSD settings for Phoenix 5 finally broke.

Good to read you Daraknor !

I will study and back test your new settings. I will also suspend my live trading with GBPUSD but I want to be careful not to delete it to fast. In previous back testing, these settings produce some draw downs for some period of time (1 or 2 months) and then got back nicely with long strings of wins. So lets continue in demo to see where it is going. That is why we need to diversify our account with different pairs and, ultimately, different EAs or different Phoenix internal concepts.

P6 Released - settings file.

This settings file will not trade properly with P6B5 due to adjustments in Filter 1. Filter 1 was simplified, and will no longer make trades during flat periods (consolidations).

This strategy uses Envelopes, Divergence, and RSI for trade direction, with filters for ATR and time of day (avoiding afterhours, set to FXDD time.)

Takeprofit and Stoploss are both set to 20.

I'll continue optimizing, I thought I would share something for people play with in testing. I'm hoping these strategies and signal combinations will last longer and be more robust in general.

Files:

13 downloads, any optimizations people are ready to share for others to explore?

daraknor:
13 downloads, any optimizations people are ready to share for others to explore?

As of now, I am not able to generate long lasting settings. I will continue to try but I am not sure it is possible. If not possible, please let me know...

Reason: