Settings Files - page 9

5.7.3.W GBP/USD uptimisation setting file

5.7.3.W GBP/USD uptimisation setting file

Here is my latest setting file. I back tested and optimized 12 month (all 2006) and then compared results between 5.7.0 and 5.7.3.W for the last available data that were not includ in optimization (February up to now). I am using FXDD data. If I understood correctly, this should not be considered curve fitting.

Profits for 9 weeks are 30 % better. Profits are 12 % instead of 9.2 %. In 2006, the results are way up, a big chunk, but it may be considered curve fitting.

I would appreciate is some of you out there would test it and report back to see if you have similar results. Any comments are also available as I want to improve my skills. I also think that the settings of the new features will be a good starting point for P6.

Thank you in advance !

Files:

I am also trying to optimize Phoenix. Been at it for about a week with little success. Need some help, if you can, please IM me on Yahoo. My yahoo ID is hhsmoney. Thanks!

Optimization instructions

hhsmoney:
I am also trying to optimize Phoenix. Been at it for about a week with little success. Need some help, if you can, please IM me on Yahoo. My yahoo ID is hhsmoney. Thanks!

I am still learning but the base of how to do optimization is very well explain in the files posted in following post (last page, last post). Eventually, the Phoenix Fund Website will have these interesting files centralized.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175561

m6m6:
5.7.3.W GBP/USD
uptimisation

setting file

Here is my latest setting file. I back tested and optimized 12 month (all 2006) and then compared results between 5.7.0 and 5.7.3.W for the last available data that were not
includ

in optimization (February up to now). I am using FXDD data. If I understood correctly, this should not be considered curve fitting.

Profits for 9 weeks are 30 % better. Profits are 12 % instead of 9.2 %. In 2006, the results are way up, a big chunk, but it may be considered curve fitting.

I would appreciate is some of you out there would test it and report back to see if you have similar results. Any comments are also available as I want to improve my skills. I also think that the settings of the new features will be a good starting point for P6.

Thank you in advance !

True and false

Boolean constants may have the value of true or false, numeric representation of them is 1 or 0, respectively.

Your settings file(first 2 lines)

C_INIT==== Use INIT section - ignore all P_ settings =====

U_PrefSettings=1

Explanation

I wrote to you elsewhere, but I don't think you spotted that message yet. You have set U_PrefSettings to True (1) so you are not able to optimize any of the variables Prefixed with P_ like P_M12_TP P_M12_SL. There are lots more variables that start with P_ that you can't optimize. The ones prefixed with U_ are user settings, and are not a problem as the pref settings only override variables prefixed with P_. The optimization guide covers this point I believe.

m6m6:
I am still learning but the base of how to do optimization is very well explain in the files posted in following post (last page, last post). Eventually, the Phoenix Fund Website will have these interesting files centralized. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175561

Thanks m6m6, but I did not see any files on the last post of last page. Did you mean the optimization guide? If so, that is what I have been using. My main issue is that I would find a profitable setting during the first pass, but the new settings would return negative results during the second pass. The problem gets even worse if I try to optimize TP and SL. daraknor says that it is just hit or miss with optimizing Phoenix sometimes, so I don't know if it is that or I'm just doing something wrong. If PhoenixFund's website will have the files, then it will be party time!

Pcontour, the optimization guide does cover the point you just explained, I remember seeing it.

hhsmoney:
Thanks m6m6, but I did not see any files on the last post of last page. Did you mean the optimization guide? If so, that is what I have been using. My main issue is that I would find a profitable setting during the first pass, but the new settings would return negative results during the second pass. The problem gets even worse if I try to optimize TP and SL. daraknor says that it is just hit or miss with optimizing Phoenix sometimes, so I don't know if it is that or I'm just doing something wrong. If PhoenixFund's website will have the files, then it will be party time! Pcontour, the optimization guide does cover the point you just explained, I remember seeing it.

Yes, when I said files I meant optimization guides. I think that you are experiencing curve fitting. It works on one pass but doesn't on all market conditions. I believe that sometimes we need to sacrifice profit for stability and/or lower draw down. If the settings are not flexible enought, it will eventually hurt badly, it is just a matter of time.

So we continue our quests for better settings and share results...

daraknor:
Anyone with settings they create, please post them here.

I promised a settings file, but I have been too busy.

This was from Fikko, I'm attempting to put it in the appropriate place.

Can the first post be updated with all the best settings for each currency?

Thanks

Finally, after 2 weeks of trial and error, I finished my first setting file. This setting file is for P573 usdjpy on 15min TF. I ran it through 2 passes and both generated profit. Please let me know if I did the optimization correctly. I'm still trying to optimize TP, SL, and TS. If you can help, please let me know.

Files:

Right now the tested best is GBPUSD included with P5 as default. We had a few submissions but they failed forward testing. I need to look into the H1 settings files in more depth, but some of them have been profitable.

.set files

hhsmoney:
Finally, after 2 weeks of trial and error, I finished my first setting file. This setting file is for P573 usdjpy on 15min TF. I ran it through 2 passes and both generated profit. Please let me know if I did the optimization correctly. I'm still trying to optimize TP, SL, and TS. If you can help, please let me know.

Where do I find info on opening and creating set files.

Thanks.

Reason: