Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 7

Phoenix instability

It is a known issue that Phoenix is unstable in the way that its results depend greatly on the date and time it starts with.

I am sure that the good solution to this problem will be smarter selection of trades, but one of the solutions is to use the starting date and time as a parameter, and require Phoenix to start analyzing the market starting from that point in the past.

This way, the starting point will not be the current date and time, it will be an arbitrary point in time.

yeremeyv:
It is a known issue that Phoenix is unstable in the way that its results depend greatly on the date and time it starts with.

I am sure that the good solution to this problem will be smarter selection of trades, but one of the solutions is to use the starting date and time as a parameter, and require Phoenix to start analyzing the market starting from that point in the past.

This way, the starting point will not be the current date and time, it will be an arbitrary point in time.

I'm attempting to address this in other ways. The first change was to adopt a setting, signal_count=5 as the default in the 5.6.6 version. Other changes being discussed regarding signals, etc.

daraknor:
Our Second community release, another candidate for a "Stable" build of Phoenix. The 5.6 development branch will not have any changes to money management, signal trading, or major changes to modes, profit levels, etc......... Needs verification.

"Function "CheckCloseAfterHours" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file "

It shows when compiling, is it normal?

Darak

How can we use the new Metatrader Multi terminal ? (beta version, release 5 dec) It will rapidly solve the problem of multi account on multi platform... (headache !!!). Seem that allow til 20 demo account for now. I installed it yesterday but it seem that's only working with metaquotes... With IBFX no way.. Any info ?

daraknor:
Our Second community release, another candidate for a "Stable" build of Phoenix.

Looks like someone has been busy... You sleep sometimes too right? ;-)

Will have a go at back/forward testing version _06 when I find the time.

Cheers!

Yes I do sleep sometimes! just woke up after a 17 hour work day.

Hope you like 5.6.6

Bertbin, I don't know about multiterminal, there are still other things that need to happen before you can go over 20 account limit I think. The serever files are probably needed, but this sounds more MT4 focused than Phoenix. Let's take a look Do you have a URL to save time?

Wilson1668, that was clearly documented in the changelog notes. The expiry time has been disabled in preference for a grace/force method that was added. Rather than delete code, I just don't call the function anymore. If this generates a lot of confusion I will just comment out the entire section in the future.

Please am I missing something here, are the Pheonix indicators available to manual trade in order to pick a time of the market, judging on trend or is everything under EA

It seems to be that as for any EA, it would be good for Phoenix to use a number to indicate how regular the market seems to be, and to what extent Phoenix can "understand" the patterns. This would allow trader to know approximately how much human attention is required, and if the number exceeds a certain threshold, the trader can temporarily disable the EA. Or, Phoenix "shut down" automatically when this threshold that is set by trader is reached.

I was backtesting the new version of Phoenix on EURUSD in mode 3 and with risk 0.5. The results were great first, as the balance steadily went from 10000 to 200000. But then there were 10 consecutive losses, and account balance went to 7000.

daraknor:
Yes I do sleep sometimes! just woke up after a 17 hour work day.

Hope you like 5.6.6

Bertbin, I don't know about multiterminal, there are still other things that need to happen before you can go over 20 account limit I think. The serever files are probably needed, but this sounds more MT4 focused than Phoenix. Let's take a look Do you have a URL to save time?

Wilson1668, that was clearly documented in the changelog notes. The expiry time has been disabled in preference for a grace/force method that was added. Rather than delete code, I just don't call the function anymore. If this generates a lot of confusion I will just comment out the entire section in the future.

Meta Multi terminal : http://www.metaquotes.net/files/mt4multisetup.exe

And now let's go to P5606 !!!!

Will post mid week results and.. feeling (hum!!!)

But Darak I am very very very... surprised between the difference between P5 Trades... and the visualisation entry signal of Alamadiani...

Sometimes totally opposite

?!?

Reason: