Swiss Army EA (Automatic order management) - page 17

roter:
i just wanted to post an expert that includes several ways for managing stop loss/taking profit.

it was developed by Bluto and Robert.

i might be a good idea to incorporate any of those to your expert...

mario

can u please explain a litle bit how to use it...sorry interrupting...

ramshackle:
Hi ryanklefas, thanks alot for the EA.

It helps alot in my trading.

I got a question here, i load up the latest 1.51 EA and when i set the option:

settake profit: false

set stop loss : false

SL and TP wont be set automatically .

It works only when i change the above 2 option to "true" . I thought this 2 options are for hedge purpose ?

let say if i want to open 2 position in the same paiir, first position:

TP; 10 pips

SL : 10 pips

Break even : 6 pips

second position

TP :20 pips

SL : 10 pips

Break even :6 pips

do i need to open 2 EA in 2 diffrent chart?

thank you

It sounds like you want to manage two trades on the same pair, which can't be done with the current version. I think there are some other more specialized EAs on the second page of this thread that you should take a look at. I will probably be adding this functionality into Swiss Army sometime in the future..... when that will be..... I do not know.

getright:
can u please explain a litle bit how to use it...sorry interrupting...

I pretty thorough explanation is given on the first post, so make sure to read that. There is also a PDF contained in the downloadable zip file with explanations on the many inputs and features that Swiss Army offers. If you have any further questions. Post them and I'll try to get to them.

frederic:
Hello all

I have installed this Swiss Army EA but having problems can I do

the following

Move your SL +5 after 20 pips profit.

Move your SL +10 after 30 pips profit

Move your SL +20 after 40 pips profit

Move your SL +30 after 60 pips profit

then 40 / 80 etc

trying all ways but no joy as yet

or any where near this action

regards

Frederic

Swiss Army can't specifically do what you're looking for. A trailing stop is the closest thing for the current version.

Mrxit:
Anyone mind posting this EA, it seems the folder the author has supplied does not allow metaeditor to open it. The code is not there. Anyone ?? Thanks

MetaTrader can't open a zip file, buddy! Try unzipping it first!

ryanklefas:
What it is:

Below, you'll find my Swiss Army EA. I've designed it so that it can manage orders in your MT4 terminal using a large variety of methods. Features includes breakevens, trailing stops, setting/removing for takeprofits and stoplosses, and many close-out conditions; you also have ability to tell the EA which orders it can manage. This EA is an attempt to do away with little scripts for deleting orders and whatnot and just put ALL that crap in one nice package. I figure this EA should be useful for manual traders, and may also to augment EAs that are skimpy on their features, although I cannot guarantee that it will be fully compatible with all EAs.

How to use it:

Apply it to a chart. The orders that it is allowed to manage can be changed by changing the "Specific" options. It will perform trailing stops, breakevens, or closing of orders (as specified by user) for whatever orders it is allowed to manage (also specified by user). For example, if Swiss Army EA is allowed to manage all orders and you enable the trailing stops to 30, it will apply a trailing stop of 30 to all orders in your terminal. The EA will print to the screen what it is allowed to do, so that should help you along in figuring out what it is doing. Each instance of Swiss Army can only hold a certain number of settings without causing conflict within itself. If you require many different management features to be enabled, you may have to run another instance of Swiss Army to do everything that you want. Remember: You need one CONDITION, one ACTION, and one ORDER TYPE, at least.

What I need from you, the user:

If you want to use the EA, but don't know how to get it to what you want, post and ask me about it. I'll be able to provide you with a list of settings to use if the EA currently supports it. Please leave feedback and tell me what kind of management options you'd like to see in future versions; feel free to post any scripts, code, or functions that you believe would be useful.

SWISS ARMY EA:

It does everything but place its own orders!

New Features for Version 1.51 (June 26, 2007):IMPROVED: The actions that appear under ths "Modify Orders" section can now modify pending orders

IMPROVED: TakeProfits and Stoplosses, when set, will be applied to any hedge orders that are opened by Swiss Army

CHANGED: TakeProfits and Stoplosses, when set, will be in relation to the order's open price, NOT the current price (as in v1.5)

NEW FEATURE: RequireAllConditions when selected, will require that all selected conditions be met before actions will occur. For example, if a drawdown of 1% and Time_Activation at 12:30 are selected, actions will occur if at 12:30, if there is a drawdown of 1% or more.

FAQ for v1.51:

The trailing stop is always X pips BEHIND the current price, X being the number that you specify.

This is not how the Breakeven feature works. The Breakeven feature can only be activated once, and after that, it will no longer modify the stops.

Breakevens and TrailingStops are two different methods for managing the orders' stoplosses.

Because "BreakEvenAt" is at 10, when an order is profitable by 10 pips, its stoploss will be set to the open price (which will make it "breakeven") The "BreakEvenSlide" at 20 will move the "breakeven" point 20 pips higher than the order's open price, which, in this case, is not possible; therefore the "BreakEvenSlide" input must always be less than the "BreakEvenAt" input.

KNOWN BUGS for v1.51:

"Largest Recorded" statistics are not calculated.

Actions not fully executing for some conditions (due to time lag)

WISH LIST (whenever I get around to them):

Day of Week selectable for Time_Activation

Specific Orders selectable as an "Order Type"

Margin Statistics on screen

Hi,

Thanx for sharing this great swissy ea.

I want to know the location in which i should copy it into, the experts or experts>indicators?

Cuz i copied it into Expert>indicators, but could not run, so where do i copy it into.

Thanx.

sc.david:
Hi,

Thanx for sharing this great swissy ea.

I want to know the location in which i should copy it into, the experts or experts>indicators?

Cuz i copied it into Expert>indicators, but could not run, so where do i copy it into.

Thanx.

copy it to the experts folder

ryanklefas:
I will probably be adding this functionality into Swiss Army sometime in the future..... when that will be..... I do not know.

Is it possible to paint a color behind the Status Text??? It is difficult to read at times (especially when there is other text behind it)

Other than that... this is a GREAT EA! Keep up the good work!

My Swiss EA seems to work, but the symbol for it is still grayed out in my EA list within Meta Trader. I am doing something wrong? Is this grayed out symbol normal? Thanks.

Yoda_Glenn:
My Swiss EA seems to work, but the symbol for it is still grayed out in my EA list within Meta Trader. I am doing something wrong? Is this grayed out symbol normal? Thanks.

The grayed out symbol appears because there is no editable source code. It is totally normal.

Reason: