Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 11

In the upper left hand side of your screen, look for:

Forex Trading > Trading systems > Phoenix

Click on Phoenix to see all of the Phoenix related threads.

I'm the de facto maintainer right now, and I have been keeping track of what to integrate into Phoenix. My design goal for 5.6.x is to make a stable version without changing the intent of Phoenix or its indicators in any way.

Once we have a nice stable version, no changes will be made to the information from the settings files for 5.6.xx. The settings file format will be locked in stone. I am hoping to use the current 5.6.6 version as that settings format.

After I finish the other three EA I'm writing (one proof of concept, one an exit strategy EA, one on commission) I will write Phoenix 6. It will probably be a complete rewrite, see post #2 in the dev thread. The reason for the change is the ability to apply nearly any strategy to any trading mode. The modes would be renumbered, and activating modes would be identical to setting unix file permissions. The modes would be "1, 2, 4". To activate a trading strategy for mode 4, put the number 4 next to the strategy. To activate for mode 1, but 1 next to the strategy. To activate for 1 and 4, put the number 5.

The main difference between modes wouldn't be how many trades are opened, but what auxillary trading signals are used. Trend analysis, time filters for entering trades, etc. The total amount of lots would be split up to 5 equal ways, with each split trade having a separate configurable % of TP. The current Mode 3 is a single trade, split 3 ways with TP*0.5, TP*1.0 and TP*1.5. That could just as easily be TP*0.6 TP*0.8 TP*1.0 in the new system.

There are three other main tasks that we have discussed and I like. First, collect all of the settings that have been posted and convert them into a series of .set files. Secord, create a Phoenix Fund. Third, make a website around the Phoenix Fund. The Phoenix fund should be an introducing broker somewhere, and we should run official demo and real money accounts with Phoenix on that broker.

If Phoenix Fund trading is profitable, we should donate part of the profits each month from the trading to charities, preferably smaller ones. I donated time at Salvation Army, an AIDS project, Habitiat for Humanity. I personally would only give money to small groups that publish their budget. Larger charities have... unethical finances. I don't know what a "Regional Director" for Boys & Girls Club of Amercia does to justify a $250,000 starting salary.

daraknor:
\ .................... I don't know what a "Regional Director" for Boys & Girls Club of Amercia does to justify a $250,000 starting salary.

Where I can find Apply Form to be a "Regional Director" for Boys and Girls of America ?????????

bertbin:
Where I can find Apply Form to be a "Regional Director" for Boys and Girls of America ?????????

I found it on a job website that specialized only in NonProfit jobs. The NonProfit jobs with salaries listed all had high salaries. I found it very saddening. I live in Oregon, and there is a 'save the environment' nonprofit. The owners use the money to buy big houses and SUV. The employees are told to "come up with a good lie" whenever someone asks a decent question. That is why I want to know what their financial statements look like and what the expenses/salaries are

daraknor:
I found it on a job website that specialized only in NonProfit jobs. The NonProfit jobs with salaries listed all had high salaries. I found it very saddening. I live in Oregon, and there is a 'save the environment' nonprofit. The owners use the money to buy big houses and SUV. The employees are told to "come up with a good lie" whenever someone asks a decent question. That is why I want to know what their financial statements look like and what the expenses/salaries are

Please read my post in FAO-support thread. This might need a code change in EA.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175561/page3

Wackena

Running Phoenixes in parallel

Seems some errors in code prevents running EAs in parallel for different pairs.

1) Global variables "FlagMode3Trade2" & "FlagMode3Trade3" make instances interfering. I think variables must be changed in such way:

"FlagMode3" + Symbol() + "Trade2"

2) I doesn't dig code, but maybe MAGICMA_A & MAGICMA_B used not only for mode 2, but for mode 1 also. If so, this prevents testing modes 1 & 2 for one pair same time.

edgar_p:
Seems some errors in code prevents running EAs in parallel for different pairs.

1) Global variables "FlagMode3Trade2" & "FlagMode3Trade3" make instances interfering. I think variables must be changed in such way:

"FlagMode3" + Symbol() + "Trade2"

2) I doesn't dig code, but maybe MAGICMA_A & MAGICMA_B used not only for mode 2, but for mode 1 also. If so, this prevents testing modes 1 & 2 for one pair same time.

Short version: change the magic number for the second copy.

Long version: If you run two copies of Phoenix, you should change the magic numbers in the second copy. I suggest adding 1000 or 5000 to each number. A code change I made *requires* keeping the magic numbers in sequential order, although you can have ranged gaps. A magic number is a unique identifier for the EA, and so only one copy of the EA can be running with the EA set to the magic number(s) it uses.

Wackena:
Please read my post in FAO-support thread. This might need a code change in EA.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175561/page3

Wackena

I have been following this. Did you comment out the Refresh Quotes line for your live trading?

daraknor:
I have been following this. Did you comment out the Refresh Quotes line for your live trading?

I will try commenting out RefreshRates line.

Not sure, but I think this may be the problem. If OrderModify is like OrderSend, then it must have the spread difference between current Ask/Bid and new Stoploss level.

if(OrderProfit()>0) FirstTrade=true;[/CODE]

If OrderProfit is very low, OrderOpenPrice may be too close to current Ask/Bid, then the spread may come into play.

[CODE]OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderTakeProfit(),0,GreenYellow);

Again, not sure, just a thought.

Wackena

Since the feature that computes a reliable trend/range status number is still under development, I would like to know if we can implement a parameter for Phoenix so it is possible to set and update that number manually, and Phoenix will trade accordingly

Reason: