Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 8

bertbin:

But Darak I am very very very... surprised between the difference between P5 Trades... and the visualisation entry signal of Alamanjani...

Sometimes totally opposite

?!?

Did you match pref settings?

New Phoenix have different settings for every pair - check the code. You have to enter these new settings for every pair into that Buy/Sell indicator.

So far, signals looks OK on my computer

Mario

hi all,

can anybody explain to me why the two trades were closed at the same time (see attachment) while "firsttrade" is still open ?

i am running v5.6.06 with all the default settings.

thanks,

AZBOfin

Files:
picture1.jpg  21 kb

AZBOfin, I would like to investigate this more, especially since neither SL nor TP was hit. If you could forward me the trading log from the time the trade was opened until the time the last open trade was closed I would appreciate it.

If you have any other information to include that might help, I would appreciate it.

yeremeyv:
I was backtesting the new version of Phoenix on EURUSD in mode 3 and with risk 0.5. The results were great first, as the balance steadily went from 10000 to 200000. But then there were 10 consecutive losses, and account balance went to 7000.

From the Changelog:

"Added the EURUSD settings contributed by EricBach. Not all settings were provided, so some settings are just copied values. My edits and the settings need confirmation. Phoenix was fighting a strong EURUSD trend, wouldn't advise using this in real money trading until trend is over."

We need to add anti trending code to improve Phoenix more, the fundamentals are getting in the way. As I said, the EURUSD signals aren't recommended for real money trades.

Looking at the loosing streak, do you have any suggestions? Were the signals in the wrong direction or would they have succeeded with a higher SL, etc.

bertbin:
Meta Multi terminal : http://www.metaquotes.net/files/mt4multisetup.exe

And now let's go to P5606 !!!!

Will post mid week results and.. feeling (hum!!!)

But Darak I am very very very... surprised between the difference between P5 Trades... and the visualisation entry signal of Alamadiani...

Sometimes totally opposite

?!?

MultiTerminal isn't ready for release yet, I can't even copy over the server files to fore it to choose another server. When the other brokers are available instead of Metaquotes only, then maybe we should test it. I checked the included help, and EA don't seem to be supported at all. This appears to be manual trading platform only.

I have been working on a system that would allow multiple accounts to be traded using EA, it is the EA hosting service with monitoring. Perhaps I will be able to make a control panel that allows order injection as well. It is more likely that the MultiTerminal would simply be a display of an account and manual trading and the EA hosting service will be necessary. It also appears that MultiTerminal is restricted (in architecture) to a single broker at a time and would not support multiple brokers.

alamanjani:
Did you match pref settings?

New Phoenix have different settings for every pair - check the code. You have to enter these new settings for every pair into that Buy/Sell indicator.

So far, signals looks OK on my computer

Mario

Oooooops ! Thks Mario... Where I found the code ? Inside P5 I suppose ! (joke) Have I to opened a not compiled P5 to watch/copy code ?

New P5606 working full speed

Since yesterday openning 42 trades closed now and 8 on the fire..

I think(hummmm) Darak injected some nitro inside.....

Arguments of the iOsMA function misarranged?

Greetings to everyone,

In all versions of Phoenix I've seen so far the invocation

of the API function iOsMA looks as follows:

double OsMABar2 = iOsMA( NULL, 0, OSMASlow, OSMAFast, OSMASignal, PRICE_CLOSE, 2 );

This seems to be in some contradiction with the declaration of this

function in the MQL4 documentation:

double iOsMA( string symbol, int timeframe, int fast_ema_period, int slow_ema_period, int signal_period, int

applied_price, int shift)

(see http://docs.mql4.com/indicators/iOsMA or the MQL4 Reference in MetaEditor)

In other words, the slow ema period comes before the fast period in Phoenix

whereas the MQL4 Reference requires the reverse order.

Not sure this discrepancy would affect the work, just wanted you to take note of it.

Thanks.

bertbin:
New P5606 working full speed

Since yesterday openning 42 trades closed now and 8 on the fire..

I think(hummmm) Darak injected some nitro inside.....

which pair and time frame?

serpa:
Greetings to everyone,

In all versions of Phoenix I've seen so far the invocation

of the API function iOsMA looks as follows:

double OsMABar2 = iOsMA( NULL, 0, OSMASlow, OSMAFast, OSMASignal, PRICE_CLOSE, 2 );

This seems to be in some contradiction with the declaration of this

function in the MQL4 documentation:

double iOsMA( string symbol, int timeframe, int fast_ema_period, int slow_ema_period, int signal_period, int

applied_price, int shift)

(see http://docs.mql4.com/indicators/iOsMA or the MQL4 Reference in MetaEditor)

In other words, the slow ema period comes before the fast period in Phoenix

whereas the MQL4 Reference requires the reverse order.

Not sure this discrepancy would affect the work, just wanted you to take note of it.

Thanks.

Thank you Serpa, we were aware for a few days but only recently. The main thread and this thread both mention it briefly. As stated in Post #2 the reason for not fixing this is that it wouldn't improve performance in any way, but it would break everyone's settings files. This will be fixed in Phoenix 6. Since we aren't saving the exact value and only if taking two periods is a positive or negative value, the sign is reversed.

We should change this just so we consistently use indicators, but I don't want to break the software as it is used for the sake of consistency. Version 6.0 won't have compatible settings files, so that is a good time to make this change.

Reason: