MetaTrader. New versions and Daily builds - page 13

ElectricSavant:
I was told that there was a discussion in one of the other Forums about MT 4 updates.

It went like this:

That you should mask you EA's when accepting the download...by removing the expert and also remove it from your library.

Then download the update and reattach...

The reasoning for this.... information about the EA can be saved, archived or transmitted to the dealer...

Forex-tsd....Is this true?

ES

I would like to know the answer to this question as well.

ES,

I'm afraid you are probably right.

Thanks wolfe...The thread I created for this was closed and this post was transferred here, thus it goes unanswered.

The issue is obviously important....and has nothing to do with obtaining the history of builds and fixes in which this thread is about...

The issue is about MT4 and its biased toolbox of services to dealers at the cost and the sweat off the traders backs to thwart any possibility for profit in Forex for the trader, causing bucketshop problems for the dealer. Too many traders being allowed to profit cause "liquidity" problems...lol

ES

Build 218

I am running 4 different MT4 platforms and with the latest upgrade to Build 218, all 4 were infected with a " virus" called WIN32/Heur which my anti-virus program managed to put into quarantine.

Anyone out there experienced the same problem?

I have written to each and every supplier and they "will get back to me" - it seems as if this is a generalised problem?

Best wishes to all.

MT4 Build 218

I am running 4 different MT4 platforms and with the latest upgrade to Build 218, all 4 were infected with a " virus" called WIN32/Heur which my anti-virus program managed to put into quarantine.

Anyone out there experienced the same problem?

I have written to each and every supplier and they "will get back to me" - it seems as if this is a generalised problem?

Best wishes to all.

Thanks ever so much Joe. Much appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

Enjoy your holiday.

My Macfee is also detecting a Virus everytime when i run a Live update howevere it cleans the virus but unable to delete it. When i reopen the platform it comes back again. It's really annoying

router76:
My Macfee is also detecting a Virus everytime when i run a Live update howevere it cleans the virus but unable to delete it. When i reopen the platform it comes back again. It's really annoying

My McAfee antivirus detected that Metatrader's terminal.exe file for build 218 is the W32/Gobi virus and deleted every copy of it on my computer (September 9, 2008). I think this reduces confidence in Metatrader and makes one wonder if part of it works as spyware.

I think Metatrader needs to fix this ASAP so it won't keep happening! The best way is to fix MT4, not to get the antivirus companies to change anything.

This has happened at least once before and is a result of Metaquotes using 'techniques' that hinder hackers - so you cannot really complain about them doing everything they can to protect their intellectual property! That said, I'd love to get a look at exactly what they are trying to prevent people from seeing - I'm sure those clever Russian hackers could easily remove whatever protection Metaquotes could devise.....

btw, despite McAfee complaining initially, build 218 and itself are now the best of friends.

Reason: