MetaTrader. New versions and Daily builds - page 10

mysuperjunkemail:
it seems that mt4 vuild 213 has problem with string handling, it crashes most of my indicators and EA. Here are some simple fix:

1) avoid passing string lateral in function parameter instead pass by variable type string.

BAD: Print("This is a test");

OK: string strTemp = "This is a test";

Print(strTemp);

2) avoid using operator + to concatenate string, use buildin function StringConcatenate():

BAD: int i=0;

Print("This is index i="+i);

OK: int i=0;

string strTemp = StringConcatenate("This is index i=",i);

Print(strTemp);

it solves my problems, I hope it helps u too..

Print();

Hi. I have EA's running on build 213 that are coded in the manner you suggest, and can't say I have seen any of the problems you describe. btw, when using really long strings (ie. buffering web-pages etc.) StringConcatenate() does not allocate memory properly - search Metaquotes forum if you need more info.

If you are having crash problems with b213: MetaQuotes has an updated version of b213 up. It is dated March 25th. Read down about 10 posts in this thread. It solved problems I had with platform crashes. I did re-compile EAs and indicators.

omelette:
What exactly is the problem? I have the 'old' version (13th March) and have experienced no crashes...

I crashed 4 of my demo platforms on NF with 213. Now I have issues with FXPro.com's demo platforms - None of my EA's will work with the platform even since 215 came out tonight - I keep getting error 130 and I don't get this on other brokerage demo accounts.

Dave

Dave137:
I crashed 4 of my demo platforms on NF with 213. Now I have issues with FXPro.com's demo platforms - None of my EA's will work with the platform even since 215 came out tonight - I keep getting error 130 and I don't get this on other brokerage demo accounts. Dave

Even after recompile the EAs Dave?

I need the build 214 or 213 version now!. Come on, where can i get it? NOT THE 215 version from the homepage

Dave137:
I crashed 4 of my demo platforms on NF with 213. Now I have issues with FXPro.com's demo platforms - None of my EA's will work with the platform even since 215 came out tonight - I keep getting error 130 and I don't get this on other brokerage demo accounts. Dave

There is obviously something wrong with MT with all these complaints, but with build 213 March 13, I get no problems! As I leave things running 24/7 I don't get prompted about new updates (normally, when MT crashes) but having just checked, I see I'm two updates behind...

Think I'll leave well enough alone till they sort things out...

The platform locks down

I have had this problem a couple of times. I leave and EA running on metatrader 4.0 build 215 and it locks down and stops processing orders. In order for it to restart i have to close down the platform and open it again and it resumes activities. What could be causing this problem or is it a bug on the metatrader platform and or the brokers servers? Im using Interbankfx. Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Reason: