MetaTrader. New versions and Daily builds - page 8

isn't our MT4 will auto update as well?

amenlo9:
isn't our MT4 will auto update as well?

Yes, this happens several days after the new version is released.

i see....hope new built will consume less memory

Has anyone had problems with v4.0 update, I just ran mine and it locked my terminal, I finally re-installed without the update and now it is working fine?

It did not seem to like my MTF indicators cos it ran ok with basic startup but as soon as I added MTF it locked?

I seem to have the same problem with the updates, and sometimes #MTF slow things down also, IMO

I have had trouble with updating the MT4 bld 207. I start it up as requested and then it just stops and disappears ?? I tried all sorts of tricks: close all other progs, delete recent MT4 indic I installed ( Absolute and MTF Absolute seemed to give instant trouble ). Then tried it again and got the same trouble. I tried to re-instal over the top of existing MT4 and that didn't work.

I finally saved my favorite Indics, Profiles, Templates and un-installed my MT4 Alpari UK and then downloaded it again. That seems to have fixed it all up.

So what was wrong? I haven't the faintest idea !! I am only now getting back to work after two half days sorting it all out ( I am not very good at IT or PC stuff, it takes me forever. ) I did go through my weekly maintenance routine which found several tracking devices but nothing really sinister.

found several tracking devices but nothing really sinister

Yea, I run demo's from 3 different brokers and the tracking cookies really fouled things up. Does anyone know why they added the tracking snippets..?

Why do some EA's not work with new build versions?

Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Please feel free to move it.

My question is, why do some EA's stop working properly after MetaTrader puts out a new build version? Is it the coding of the EA or the coding of MT4?

Thanks for the input.

That is quite true. People are human and make mistakes even though they are trying to improve the program or expand the program, example Microsoft. If you have a problem, try contacting them with your problem: http://www.metaquotes.net - Support>Bug Tracking.

Dave

<<<

JJLL:
Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Please feel free to move it.

My question is, why do some EA's stop working properly after MetaTrader puts out a new build version? Is it the coding of the EA or the coding of MT4?

Thanks for the input.

Post moved here.

What Ea? the expert sub windows shows some subnormal message?

New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 211 has been released.

What’s new:

1. Tester: At strategy optimization, fixed check of testing limit triggering, if there are no open positions.

2. Tester: Disabled check of testing limits at genetic optimization.

3. Tester: Optimized history uploading.

4. Tester: Fixed error of displaying the spread in the settings of the symbol under test.

5. Tester: Fixed triggering check for stop orders and pending orders.

6. MQL4: Fixed optimizer error. In some cases, it committed inaccuracy in dividing a number with floating point by a constant.

7. MQL4: Fixed error of the function GlobalVariablesTotal(). The function always returned 0, if there were no calls to the list of global variables.

8. MQL4: Fixed error of the function iBarShift(), in some cases of search for zero bar in monthly timeframes.

9. MQL4: Fixed error of memory overflow when calling to the function функции iStdDevOnArray().

10. MQL4: Fixed operation of the function IsConnected().

11. Fixed error of reading the parameter of naming fonts for text labels.

12. MetaEditor: Added Chinese Dictionary.

13. The digital signature of our company is added to all executable files.
Reason: