MetaTrader. New versions and Daily builds - page 12

Ok, now that 216 was release, as my post above, how do you update your old metatrader without open a new demo account? I've try to reopen the application, launch LiveUpdate, delete update forder.. nothing. I would reinstall the setup into the folder.. but I'm afraid to lose charts, settings, account...

Files:

MetaTrader 4 Build 217

Hi friends,

From Friday my MT4 is showing message for Update to Build 217

current version of my MT4 is Build 216.

When i check Metaquote site for... what is new in Build 217. but there is no information about Build 217.

Anyone knows about this ?

Best Regards

Ramdas

ramdas:
Hi friends,

From Friday my MT4 is showing message for Update to Build 217

current version of my MT4 is Build 216.

When i check Metaquote site for... what is new in Build 217. but there is no information about Build 217.

Anyone knows about this ?

Best Regards

Ramdas

New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 217 - Forex Trading Software Forum

New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 217 has been released.

What’s new:

1. MQL4: Fixed a compiler error that caused crash in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 operating system.

2. MQL4: Fixed an error in the FileReadArray() function. When reading array lines, the number of read lines is returned now.

3. MQL4: Changed the calculation algorithm of ArrayMinimum() and ArrayMaximum() functions.

4. MQL4: Fixed an error of converting the line of "HH:MI:SS" type into a number of datetime type in the StrToTime() function.

5. MQL4: Fixed an error causing crash when a string variable is added to itself.

6. Tester: Fixed an error of Bid and Ask variables formation in custom indicators used by Expert Adisors tested.

7. Tester: Introduced additional checks of data discrepancy when generating test sequences.

8. Tester: Fixed margin calculation after the triggering of stop levels.

9. Fixed an error of ExpertsDllConfirm parameter recognition in the initial configuration file.

My McAfee scanned result found MT4 new build 218 contained virus W32/Gobi. Something wrong.

Files:

AVG detected a virus in metalang.exe

Files:
mt4v.jpg  25 kb

AVG Fales Alarm

From the Metaquotes Support website:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MetaQuotes 28.08.08 19:34

We have received a number of emails that antivirus products AVG AntiVirus Free and AVG Internet Security generate alerts about MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal being virus-infected.

This is a false alarm. Unfortunately the above mentioned antivirus programs interpret crack-defense mechanisms of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal as signs of a virus.

At the present time we are cooperating with AVG Technologies to solve this situation and eliminate the generation of false alerts during checks of MetaTrader Client Terminal by antivirus programs produced by this

When MT4 gives out a new build for download should you remove your EA?

I was told that there was a discussion in one of the other Forums about MT 4 updates.

It went like this:

That you should mask you EA's when accepting the download...by removing the expert and also remove it from your library.

Then download the update and reattach...

The reasoning for this.... information about the EA can be saved, archived or transmitted to the dealer...

Forex-tsd....Is this true?

ES

Reason: