New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 438 - page 3

You may want to send your complain to service desk. Go to your MQL5 profile and look for service desk on left side of your profile. Despite service desk is located in MQL5.com it also handle MT4 issue.

Don't forget to mention your OS, including 32/64 bit and where did you install the MT, mention also if your EA, CI script are using dll and be prepare to give them a sample of your EA, CI or script.

Complaining here will get you nothing and there's nothing a forum moderator can do.

Strategy tester has problem? Where is a optimization graph?

Problem here.

When i reinstall the previous version, my EA's works.

With the new one, no DLL CALL are available.

Please fix it.

Hello :

I have a problem.

When I open my MT4 platform, I get a pop up MetaTrader 4 LiveUpdate window saying there is a liveupdate 4.00 (build 438). When I try downloading this MT4 4.00 build 438, my anti-virus software alerts me that Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 virus has been detected and the terminal.exe file has been quarantined.

Because of this quarantine, my MT4 platform version still remains unchange at version 4.00 build 432.

Is this Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 really a virus?

Any chance to get support for custom FXT files and real spread in strategy tester? Shouldn't be such a problem. Also the 2gb filesize limit could be fixed. Without custom FXT files it's impossible to get 99% model quality which is what most EA developers are looking for.

corn:

Hello :

I have a problem.

When I open my MT4 platform, I get a pop up MetaTrader 4 LiveUpdate window saying there is a liveupdate 4.00 (build 438). When I try downloading this MT4 4.00 build 438, my anti-virus software alerts me that Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 virus has been detected and the terminal.exe file has been quarantined.

Because of this quarantine, my MT4 platform version still remains unchange at version 4.00 build 432.

Is this Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 really a virus?

It is usual story - from time to time some antivirus software "detects" dangerous in the client terminal. See:

Rosh:

It is usual story - from time to time some antivirus software "detects" dangerous in the client terminal. See:

Hello Rosh,

I have the same problem, and what can I do?

Rosh:

Hello Rosh:

From the links above:

1. "We have received a number of emails that antivirus products McAfee Security Center generate alerts about MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal being virus-infected.

This is a false alarm. Unfortunately, the above-mentioned antivirus program interprets the crack-defense mechanisms of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal as signs of a virus.

At the present time, we are cooperating with McAfee Inc. to solve this problem and eliminate the generation of false alerts during checks of MetaTrader Client Terminal by antivirus programs produced by this company."

2. "We have received a number of emails that antivirus products AVG AntiVirus Free and AVG Internet Security generate alerts about MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal being virus-infected.

This is a false alarm. Unfortunately the above mentioned antivirus programs interpret crack-defense mechanisms of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal as signs of a virus.

At the present time we are cooperating with AVG Technologies to solve this situation and eliminate the generation of false alerts during checks of MetaTrader Client Terminal by antivirus programs produced by this company."

Rosh, the two links above are saying that the Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 Virus that was detected and quarantined by my AntiVirus program on the MetaTrader 4 version 4.00 build 438 "terminal.exe" file is a not a virus but a "False virus alert/alarm and that my antivirus program is interpreting "the crack-defense mechanisms of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal as signs of a virus".

If this is correct, then how do I download the Mt4 Liveupdate vesion 4.00 build 438 successfully, or how do I stop the generation of false virus alert and quaratine of terminal.exe file during the liveupdate download process? Please advice, thank you.

Dear Metaquotes.

I had my hopes high for this update, hoping that you have corrected/found/Killed the bug that makes terminal.exe close as soon as it opens. Seeing that the fenonema still exist makes me woundering. Will this problem be looked at?
I have no problems with version 416, but every version after that makes mt4 crash instantly.

Grateful for response!

/Enotrek

Rosh:

Hello Ross,

I have the same problem. My antivirus, Bitdefender, show me this message: Heur zygug.4 and don´t let me to update the version 438.

Reason: