MetaTrader. New versions and Daily builds - page 9

Build 113

Any one else having problems with the latest build, i can not alter anything in MetaEditor and compile it without a hex crash occuring and shutting down the platform, if i do not alter an indicator in any way it runs fine but as soon as i try to edit an indicator that is loaded on a chart the system crashes, i have tried a fresh download but nothing seems to work, any ideas. I had no problems until this new update this weekend.

cja

I do not have problems sorry.

built 213 problem

I have the same problem with build 213 and have logged it with metaquotes

cja:
Any one else having problems with the latest build, i can not alter anything in MetaEditor and compile it without a hex crash occuring and shutting down the platform, if i do not alter an indicator in any way it runs fine but as soon as i try to edit an indicator that is loaded on a chart the system crashes, i have tried a fresh download but nothing seems to work, any ideas. I had no problems until this new update this weekend. cja

I had a similar problem. I tracked it down to that the indicator had a "dynamic name" (that included its main settings); with that removed it all worked fine. There was some obscure reference on the MQ forum about the fatality of deleting objects from a -1 window, which possibly is what happens when the window id is dynamic.

cja:
Any one else having problems with the latest build, i can not alter anything in MetaEditor and compile it without a hex crash occuring and shutting down the platform, if i do not alter an indicator in any way it runs fine but as soon as i try to edit an indicator that is loaded on a chart the system crashes, i have tried a fresh download but nothing seems to work, any ideas. I had no problems until this new update this weekend. cja

Hi cja

I have had problems with one demo acct (IKON-Royal) since the new build came out. When switching between TFs it would take longer to open and my hard drive was working in overtime. I did not have any dynamic indies installed neither did I have any EAs. Another friend noticed the similar problems starting last week. Anyway, I am now using ODL's demo and it seems to be "normal". I haven't used these demos long enough to know what is "normal" so if others are having problems and they post them, perhaps we can get a consensus and know what to expect.

Regards,

I checked some MetaTraders:

- i do not have any problems with Alpari rus, Liteforex and IBFX;

- and the problems with Alpari UK (Metatrader is crashed if I am attaching indicators).

Same build.

Just wonder why it is different?

Same metatrader, same indicators, same build ...

newdigital:
I checked some MetaTraders:

- i do not have any problems with Alpari rus, Liteforex and IBFX;

- and the problems with Alpari UK (Metatrader is crashed if I am attaching indicators).

Same build.

Just wonder why it is different?

Same metatrader, same indicators, same build ...

Hi ND.

I agree. Should not be any different. Perhaps it is specific to that one broker and their server. I don't know enough to know what the problem could have been. ODL's platform is working fine and all is back to normal now. May have been an isolated issue.

Thanks....

MT4 Build 113

Problem solved, instead of updating an existing MT4 platform i went direct to FXDD and downloaded their latest MT4 platform, loaded in all my indicators templates etc and it now works fine, there must be an update issue with an existing build in some circumstances.

FIX = Download fresh MT4 build off your broker, then load in all your previous settings indicators EA's Templates etc

cja

MT4 build 213 simple fix

it seems that mt4 vuild 213 has problem with string handling, it crashes most of my indicators and EA. Here are some simple fix:

1) avoid passing string lateral in function parameter instead pass by variable type string.

BAD: Print("This is a test");

OK: string strTemp = "This is a test";

Print(strTemp);

2) avoid using operator + to concatenate string, use buildin function StringConcatenate():

BAD: int i=0;

Print("This is index i="+i);

OK: int i=0;

string strTemp = StringConcatenate("This is index i=",i);

Print(strTemp);

it solves my problems, I hope it helps u too..

Print();

Reason: