MetaTrader. New versions and Daily builds - page 16

piptaker:
Can anyone please explain to me how I can upgrade my platform to build 220 without losing all my templates and files?

I have vista and it never upgrades for me automatically. I'm not sure if I need to delete old version before upgrading manually. And I surely don't want to download all my indicators and templates all over again. I have my platform charts all layed out in a certain way and would take me forever to re-do everything.

Thanks much for any advice.

Todd

Just click "Start" when the LiveUpdate windows appears.

Or just install the newest downloaded version on the same folder.

Thx much Linuxser!

I've even tried manually updating my platform from the live update folder and nothing happens. Must be a vista problem.

I'll do as you suggest and download the new version into the same folder as my 218.

Thx,

todd

piptaker:
Thx much Linuxser!

I've even tried manually updating my platform from the live update folder and nothing happens. Must be a vista problem.

I'll do as you suggest and download the new version into the same folder as my 218.

Thx,

todd

Yep, try second method. If you don't change anything, nothing will be deleted.

Auto update is very easy, 2 clicks. Maybe you have some conflicts with vista permissions.

Files:
autoupdate.gif  91 kb

piptaker:
Thx much Linuxser!

Thx,

todd

Yes the MetaTrader update feature always has a problem with Window Vista's "User Account Control" feature.

You have two options:

1)Simply re-install the MT4 software (in the same location) then it might setup a new account, (or set one up yourself if the update alert does not show up) once the update alert shows up. You will now be able to update properly, just follow its steps.

[Note: When re-installing it will not show any of your customized stuff until the software updates and then you restart the Mt4, and then you re-restart it once more. After that all of your customized stuff should show up again as normal.] 2)Go to your Vista's Start Menu > Control Panel > User Account and Family Safety > User Accounts.

Then click on "Turn User Account Control on or off", then when the security alert pops up click "Continue".

Now un-check the "User Account Control (UAC)...etc." and click "Ok" then restart you computer.

Once you restart your computer you may update your MT4 as normal when it prompts you to. Once you are done with the update and restarting process make sure you go back to the above steps to turn the "User Account Control (UAC)...etc." back on for safety. I hope that helps...;)

I encounter an strange problem in my M.T.

I renew mw windows (xp) and then downloaded the new MT. from metaquotes and instead of 3.8 mb it shows 5.08 mb , by the way i downloaded it and after putting my custom indicator in it , some of them don't work . i mean after dragging them on the chart from navigator window nothing happened .

some of them is worthy to me.

thank you

macd&rsi:
I encounter an strange problem in my M.T.

I renew mw windows (xp) and then downloaded the new MT. from metaquotes and instead of 3.8 mb it shows 5.08 mb , by the way i downloaded it and after putting my custom indicator in it , some of them don't work . i mean after dragging them on the chart from navigator window nothing happened .

some of them is worthy to me.

thank you

What a hell is going on here... completely different figures.

Linuxser:

What a hell is going on here... completely different figures.

I try download a copy from mql4 codebase forum MQL4 Code Base: expert advisors, custom indicators, scripts and libraries, it is the same, file size 5.5mb. Oh, i got a MBTrading MT4.

Files:
mbtrading1.jpg  43 kb

which version of the MT4 is perfect

Hi, Buddies

I downloaded a lot of MTF indicators from here.

But a lot of them can't run normally against ohers.

For example:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178529/page5

Who can give me suggestion to choose MT4 version?

Thanks a lot!!

Best regards

Franky

frankychen:
Hi, Buddies

I downloaded a lot of MTF indicators from here.

But a lot of them can't run normally against ohers.

For example:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178529/page5

Who can give me suggestion to choose MT4 version?

Thanks a lot!!

Best regards

Franky

Seems is not a MT4 problem. It's your problem.

CJA answered to you https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178529/page5

Does anyone know whether Build 220 is going to be attacked by McAfee Antivirus, or have they fixed this? I am now at Build 220, up from Build 218, which was recognized as a virus by McAfee.

Reason: