Phreaky Phorex Successful Manual EA Needs Coding Experts - page 17

tomstaufer:
Thanks.

I had Timeframe = 0.

Changed to 5.

If you keep Timeframe to zero, it will use the same timeframe as the chart it is attached to.

Also, Phreak seems to be using some discretion for entry and stops etc. An EA can't do that.

Good stuff, was looking for that JMA, I heard it was the bomb also.

Tom;

Settings I used are pretty much what Phreak posted.

So FastPeriod 20, SlowPeriod 25, rest are defaults.

GP2X;

Nice catch on the timeframe, no wonder I've been having such troubles.

Work in progress on a progressive ilot increase on loss.

*EDIT* - Deleted file, not ready

Maji EA settings

Maji,

Thanks for clarification.

How should I set your indicators- VIDYA and DEMA to match EA entrys ?

Also when I compare them to VT trader with Phreak settings they look a little bit different.

Could someone check on VT if the indicators are moving during the bar (ie, if they are using the close of the current bar too) ?

Bluto;

Checking out the JMA and EA that you posted.

It is quite a bit different. Running on 5m timeframe like Phreak was working with.

Settings that get me close to making timely trades are ;

SlowPeriod = 75

also need to change phase to flatten line to -100

FastPeriod = 20

(SlowPeriod and Phase was Vidya)

(FastPeriod was Dema)

just some input!

Tross:
Bluto;

Checking out the JMA and EA that you posted.

It is quite a bit different. Running on 5m timeframe like Phreak was working with.

Settings that get me close to making timely trades are ;

SlowPeriod = 75

also need to change phase to flatten line to -100

FastPeriod = 20

(SlowPeriod and Phase was Vidya)

(FastPeriod was Dema)

just some input!

I'm finding that a simple Fast JMA = 50 & Slow JMA = 100 on any chart TF is working pretty nice. Seems like the M30 might be the way to go. These JMA's really track the price action nice though...it's just a matter of getting the right XO periods nailed. I can also see where a JMA based MACD confirmation might be a nice enhancement to the signal.

Ok, after a lot of fiddling, looks to me like JMA with a Slow-45/Fast-70 does a nice job grabbing those monster GBPUSD moves Phreak was talking about. Works nice on GBPJPY too. I'm thinking maybe the addition of the CZI (chop-zone) indicator would be a good enhancement to keep the EA from trading during ranging periods.

stops? for Phorex Phreak

I noticed today that there was a short trade cross...the trade did not work out and the next cross(long) occurred after the original short trade was in the negative around 30 ...the entry was at 5:20 GMT, the exit was about 8:35 GMT...

Is there a maximum amount you are willing to lose on any one trade?

Phreak,

I use Interbank MT4 (Tema2 and Vidya3 indicators) and VT platform to test your system.

Sometimes I saw crossover at Interbank MT4 but not at VT. vice versa.

What do you think? What MT4 platform do you use? and does your platform give the same result (or same crosses) as VT?

good trading!

I've been doing some manual backtesting of this system for the last few weeks on the VT platform and it seems to be breakeven at best, and that's excluding spread. There is definitely some discretion involved if phorex_phreak is using it successfully.

phorex_phreak,

If possible, can you post your account statement for the last month or so? That way I can see if your trades match some of mine.

Reason: