Phreaky Phorex Successful Manual EA Needs Coding Experts - page 18

My manual test

I also have noticed a slight difference in the indicators crossing on the virtual traders platform compared to the Tema2 & Vidya3 on metaTrader 4. I have found that the Virtual Trader indicators actually cross more often in tight ranging times than the meta4 indicators thus giving a few more losing signals on the virtual trader platform than on metaTrader. I am using an Alpari demo and have just finished a manual backtest of the last 3 weeks of signals as Phreaky Phorex discussed. GBP/USD 5 min. Every time the Tema2 crosses the vidya3 up or down I opened 2 lots in the direction of the cross and close any existing trades that are open. If trade goes 10 pips profit in my direction, without tema2 crossing back I close 1 lot. If trade goes 40 pips further in my direction I close 1/2 of the 2nd lot. If trade goes another 50pips in my direction, without crossing back I close the remaining 1/2 lot and wait for the next crossing to get back in the market. If instead tema2 crosses vidya3 in oppisite direction before reaching 100 pips, I immediately close remaining open positions and open 2 new lots in new direction.

My results for the 3 weeks were a total profit of 423 pips after subtracting out the spread. I trade on Oanda so I used a 3 pip spread for every trade!

I don't know why some others have said this method breaks even at best.

Even when GBP is ranging you will usually get the 10 pips, then if it crosses back the other way its close to a break even on that trade.

During the last 3 weeks there were 6 times you were able to catch the 100 pip moves, and 9 times you caught 50 pips or more but not 100!

I think this simple to trade method has great potential, and I hope the many talented coders in this forum, will take a closer look at this, & develop an EA that can trade this properly.

Thank you Phreaky Phorex!

Sincerely,

Andy.

aegis:
I've been doing some manual backtesting of this system for the last few weeks on the VT platform and it seems to be breakeven at best, and that's excluding spread. There is definitely some discretion involved if phorex_phreak is using it successfully.

phorex_phreak,

If possible, can you post your account statement for the last month or so? That way I can see if your trades match some of mine.

hello aegis,

ive made a lot of money with the system, break even, i think your miscalculating some how.....ive been in canada the last couple of weeks visiting my mother-in-law as she is very sick, ill be going back to cayman soon, so what i'll do is tade from dec 1st to dec 31st and ill post the history for you, i trade with currenex....keep on phreaking

SirViver:
I also have noticed a slight difference in the indicators crossing on the virtual traders platform compared to the Tema2 & Vidya3 on metaTrader 4. I have found that the Virtual Trader indicators actually cross more often in tight ranging times than the meta4 indicators thus giving a few more losing signals on the virtual trader platform than on metaTrader. I am using an Alpari demo and have just finished a manual backtest of the last 3 weeks of signals as Phreaky Phorex discussed. GBP/USD 5 min. Every time the Tema2 crosses the vidya3 up or down I opened 2 lots in the direction of the cross and close any existing trades that are open. If trade goes 10 pips profit in my direction, without tema2 crossing back I close 1 lot. If trade goes 40 pips further in my direction I close 1/2 of the 2nd lot. If trade goes another 50pips in my direction, without crossing back I close the remaining 1/2 lot and wait for the next crossing to get back in the market. If instead tema2 crosses vidya3 in oppisite direction before reaching 100 pips, I immediately close remaining open positions and open 2 new lots in new direction.

My results for the 3 weeks were a total profit of 423 pips after subtracting out the spread. I trade on Oanda so I used a 3 pip spread for every trade!

I don't know why some others have said this method breaks even at best.

Even when GBP is ranging you will usually get the 10 pips, then if it crosses back the other way its close to a break even on that trade.

During the last 3 weeks there were 6 times you were able to catch the 100 pip moves, and 9 times you caught 50 pips or more but not 100!

I think this simple to trade method has great potential, and I hope the many talented coders in this forum, will take a closer look at this, & develop an EA that can trade this properly.

Thank you Phreaky Phorex!

Sincerely,

Andy.

good job andy, your welcome........keep on phreaking

Why do we have to code it in MT4?

Since we couldn't get the indicators same as what Phreak is using, why not just code a VT system? I don't know about VT system, but I don't mind which platform or broker to use, as long as the system profits.

beauty trading day today........keep on phreaking

Test started

Hello,

I started phorex_phreak EA on Sunday.

I am running 2 tests. Both with Maji indicators and EA. Settings-default except Lots=0.5 to mimic exactly phreak system. Starting ballance $10000.

First is running untouched. Second with some manual intervention wherever I am at the computer. It needs min 4 weeks to judge the results.

Phorex_phreak if you be so kind to post your live statement for December that would help a lot to analize how much discretion affects the system.

Thank you for sharing this idea with us.

Files:

post 171

Phorex Phreak please look at my post 171 when you get a chance...I would like your expert opinion.

Thank you

PS. I hope your mother in law is doing well

hey rick,

the maximum amount is whenever it crosses, do it as fast as you can and minimize your losses, which is the name of the game......i rarely take a 30 pip loss, but it does happen, normally they are 10 or 15.......keep on phreaking

Thank you...are you talking about a cross that happens while the bar is still forming?

I will keep on phreaking!

hey maji or any other programmer,

is it possible that on the Phreak system you can program to put on the kaufman and the dema instead of the other moving averages??? thankyou for your time........keep on phreaking

p.s. for the DEMA the setting is 25, and the KAUFMAN the setting is 255, fast 15, slow 10

Reason: