Phreaky Phorex Successful Manual EA Needs Coding Experts - page 21

Here is the version requested by Phreak using DEMA and Kaufman in lieu of Vidya.

Benitohau

Sorry,

My mistake, I trade the Us market & news had just come out for PPI.

I see there definetely was a sell signal at the time you were talking about.

Good luck to you!

filtering out small range days

I notice that the large range days tend to be preceded by small(er) range days and usually after a large range day or two we will have a small(er) range day....I wonder if we expect a small(er) range day to occur if we could adjust the 2nd and 3rd targets to smaller values since the probability of them being hit would be smaller....

Opinions welcome please!!

Phorex Phreaker....

You mentioned you've been trading this system for several years...what did you trade before?

Is forex your main source of income now?

Just curious.

i use to be a flight paramedic in toronto, canada, then i started trading forex in 1999, couple of years of taking a beating then i became smart and discovered money management is the number 1 secret.....keep on phreaking

phorex_phreak:
i use to be a flight paramedic in toronto, canada, then i started trading forex in 1999, couple of years of taking a beating then i became smart and discovered money management is the number 1 secret.....keep on phreaking

Wow, that's cool. I'm a paramedic right now too.

No phreaking anymore...?

Mmhh..

I guess the bubble burst...

I have backtested the Maji's EA's and the Juriky Phreak version, with the default setting They all perform poorly and kill the accounts in a few days (at least in the backtest). I have played with the settings without success... The losses produced during wipsawing are substantial and cannot be made up by the winning trades. Rick was planning to trade the system manually.. would be curious to hear whether he can match Phreak's results..

Mida,

Check out my previous post where I said the following:

"If they coded the MM portion right and was not profitable, then there must be something with the system. You are probably using your discretion, without consciously making that decision, to trade manually and thereby making profits, whereas a dumb EA will just trade without having the advantage of the powerful human brain to assist it."

From my experience, it is very difficult for an EA to make money using moving average cross overs without using discretion. Remember, Vidya, DEMA, Kaufman, and others are just glorified moving averages. I believe Phreak has developed an inate sense of the market that he uses as a filter without him even knowing that he is filtering out bad signals.

from Jarcrocker, it looks like Dema1.mq4 is the closest to VT Trader, and probably the original.

I changed the default period to 25 and the color to dodger blue instead of limegreen.

Renamed the file to Dema25.mq4, can I suggest we use this one as the default for now?

Reason: