Working with Excel (tools, indicators, conversion ...) - page 21

Txt/Csv to indicator

Is it possible to import data from a txt file or csv file to make an indicator for a metatrader chart? Anybody know a tuorial/directions for that?

thanks

Anyone????

mer071898:
Anyone????

I have one i will make some changes

pm me with your email address

Spreadsheet for tracking trades?

Basically, what I need this spreadsheet for is so I can input past trades mainly for testing purposes on a new strategy I'm working with. I can trade this strategy any pair so fine tuning it to a specific pair to include spreads and calculating profit for non-USD pairs might be too much, but I obviously don't know anyone's experience. I would like to be able to show:

The header- Inputs to show pair used, timeframe used, and start date.

Regular inputs:

1. The date the trade was placed

2. Type of trade- Long or Short

3. The price we entered the trade

4. The price we closed the trade

5. the difference in pips

6. Input in the header to show what timeframe and pair is being tested.

7. If you can put an input to show the profit/loss per trade for any possible pair including an input to put in the spread, that would be awesome, but not a requirement.

I also have a lot progression spreadsheet, can it be added to it?

Thanks for any help

pm sent, thanks.

Do I need to convert my Excel Files to set up my trades in the forex platform set-up?

The data for my investing platform is in an Excel file at the moment...do I need to convert it to another format?

Thank you in advance for any advise!

thanks for the info @newdigital.. these are very helpful links in using excel with MT4..

Great information on the links however, it will still take time to learn all of this at once. For someone like me who is a total newbie on Metatrader and has not much programing language it will be best to have some kind of software that I can use to make the task a little easier.

No easy options for going from excel to MT4, but if you search the indicators on here I am sure you will find just the ones you need. If they dont do exactly what you like learn some coding and make them do what you what.

Do you remember "basic" computer language from the 80's, that was all I knew before finding this site and MQL, its not that hard.

Swagman

dde and excel

hello guy and gals.

I'm experimenting with option and try to download the data to excel spreadsheet , the problem is that there is hundred of lines and data and the spreadsheet stuck all the time , is there better way to download the data to other sheet or product and do the math there?

thanks.

Reason: