Working with Excel (tools, indicators, conversion ...) - page 26

akrolytis:
It only gives the data such as OHLC. In order to get it I can do in a simpler way, just go to file and save as... But the reason I am asking is to export custom indicator data for instance CCI, RSI, etc. Untill now, I am doing it manually in excel.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Regards,

Karl

Karl

Actually that EA is writing data for sma, ema, smma, lwma, atr and cci in that file too

Check this part of code :

FileWrite(CSVHandle,

TimeToStr(Time[0], TIME_DATE),

TimeToStr(Time[0], TIME_MINUTES),

DoubleToStr(Open[0], i_digits),

DoubleToStr(High[0], i_digits),

DoubleToStr(Low[0], i_digits),

DoubleToStr(Close[0], i_digits),

Volume[0],

iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0),

iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0),

iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0),

iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0),

iATR(NULL,0,20,0),

iCCI(NULL,0,20,PRICE_CLOSE,0)

);

and replace whatever part with any indicator value you wish - it will write it to the selected csv file

mladen:
Karl

Actually that EA is writing data for sma, ema, smma, lwma, atr and cci in that file too

Check this part of code :

FileWrite(CSVHandle,

TimeToStr(Time[0], TIME_DATE),

TimeToStr(Time[0], TIME_MINUTES),

DoubleToStr(Open[0], i_digits),

DoubleToStr(High[0], i_digits),

DoubleToStr(Low[0], i_digits),

DoubleToStr(Close[0], i_digits),

Volume[0],

iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0),

iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0),

iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0),

iMA(NULL,0,20,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0),

iATR(NULL,0,20,0),

iCCI(NULL,0,20,PRICE_CLOSE,0)

);
and replace whatever part with any indicator value you wish - it will write it to the selected csv file

Dear mladen,

I still have an issue... Please take a look at the picture. All I need just 1000 bars in the past with the values of custom indicators. Is there any convenient way to get it? I am not programmer that is why I do not know how to figure out.

Thank You.

Regards,

Karl

Files:
csv.png  14 kb

akrolytis:
Dear mladen,

I still have an issue... Please take a look at the picture. All I need just 1000 bars in the past with the values of custom indicators. Is there any convenient way to get it? I am not programmer that is why I do not know how to figure out.

Thank You.

Regards,

Karl

Karl

Use this : csv_export_script.mq4

It is a script and it will export the number of bars you specify. It can be developed further, but I think that it can serve as a simple frame to do the job you need

Files:

DDE help

How do write on excell real time for mt4

example int b=2;int c=3;int d=a*b;

Please help me DDE excell command ?.

have been looking for this for some time now! Great!

drbastem:
How do write on excell real time for mt4

example int b=2;int c=3;int d=a*b;

Please help me DDE excell command ?.

You can not read excel data directly from excel. you have to save it in a file and then read it

mladen:
Karl

Use this : csv_export_script.mq4

It is a script and it will export the number of bars you specify. It can be developed further, but I think that it can serve as a simple frame to do the job you need

Great thread and great content sir. Its rally great posting, thanks for sharing this indicators sir. I will try it and develop it

prince_syasya:
Great thread and great content sir. Its rally great posting, thanks for sharing this indicators sir. I will try it and develop it

Sorry to ask, but to develop it for what?

data to csv

data_to_csv.mq4

Files:

Dear friends,

I would request your help to resolve some issues related to data export from MT4 to Excel using the script output_history2.mq4. Thanks to of forum Forex factory and all who contributed to the development of the script.

Issues:

1. We have to Execute the script output_history2.mq4 on each time frame of each pair to get the data exported for each pair and time frame.

2. We have to open each data file exported to the MT4/expert/files folder to update the data in our Excel worksheet.

We have to continue the process each time whenever we want to update the data in our excel worksheet.

If somebody convert the script Output_history2.mq4 to an indicator or ea which should stay on each pair and export and update the data on optional intervals like 1M, 5M, 15M, 30M or 1Hour. This will resolve the first issue.

Secondly please think how do we update the excel worksheet without opening all the files in the expert/files folder each time when we need to update the excel worksheet. Experts please help. Thank you all in advance.

I am attaching the Output_history3.mq4 with some changes and my excel worksheet with data exported from csv file. I do not have any knowledge in the making of MT4 scripts or indicators hence I am not able to any changes on the script. I am using Metatrader Platform from Pepperstone which is providing all the pairs as listed on my Excel worksheet.

Reason: