Working with Excel (tools, indicators, conversion ...) - page 23

Hull Moving Average on Excel

I am trying to backtest the Hull Moving Average on Excel and wondered if anyone had a spreadsheet with the HMA formula set up on it.

Forex excel indicator

hi to all coders,

I have a request regarding on this indicator, anyone can improve this excel indicator that measure the strengths of 8 major currency (aud, cad, chf, eur, gbp, jpy, nzd & usd) by a CALCULATING THE STRENGTH OF UNDERLYING CURRENCIES BY DOWNLOADING AND USING TICK DATA FROM ALL 28 MAJOR CURRENCY PAIRS.

this is the link of excel indicator>>

Forex Factory - View Single Post - Forexgrail excel indicator

Hope you can to this for me and the help of others traders!

Thanks!

How do I extract price data and stoch values in MT4 ?

hi guys, I want to start doing analysis on indicators but would like to know how do I extract the chart data (price) and stoch values to a .csv file so I can do my research (backtesting). any help with this would be appreciated.

I see that you can setup a DDE with excel but I wanted to know how to convert historical data as well. thanks and have a good day.

how to fetch different time frame data in excel from mt4?

Hi,

I am currently developing a calculator.But that i will need mt4 data in excel.

Well i know that basics of excel data fatching with DDE server and formulas like

Quote:

=MT4|bid!EURUSD

Instead of "bid", you can also put:

ask, open, close, high, low & volume

But this shows daily data range.Does anybody knows,any tricks or way,where i can fetch data per chart and time frame wise.Cause for 5M or 1M chart frame,High and low will be different.

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks.

Terminal Data

Can I stream terminal data from MT4 to Excel with a DDE connection? specifically looking to pull, Order #, Date, swap and Profit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paddy

Problem to get Quotes into Excel 2007

Hi,

Ive tryed to get live-quotes from MT4 into Excel with the demo-file.

But everytime Excel hang up :-(. Ive followed the instructions written here in the forum, with enable hyperlinks etc.

But Excel always hang up.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you

Supertrend indicator formula in excel?

Is it possible to see the workings of any Supertrend Indicator in MS Excel? If someone has done it, can you please post the xls file?

excel

Hi everybody,

I have excel sheet with prices getting updated every 0,5 secs. I tried to write VBA codes to do some technical analysis and draw some charts but as I added more and more indicators the sheet was working slower and slower and now it takes more than 3-4 seconds to do the math and it is unusable.

what I am looking for now is some external software for technical analysis (eg. metatrader, ninjatrader, ect.) that can get data from excel or maybe som excel based trading platform (if anything like that exists). I am not working with forex but sports odds (there is an app called quantsports that puts the odds into ninjatrader but I would like to use excel)

does anyone know any app that could help me?

thank you

best regard Andrej

DDE link to Excel 2007 problem

I have searched but found no solution so any help would be appreciated.

Trying to get DDE links to update in XL

"Security Alert" asks to enable links ... when I do that then XL hangs and has to be restarted. Simply cannot get it to work!!

I assume it is some security setting in XL but cannot find it??

OR how do I set up a new data source??

Have used the DDE Sample file but that does not work either (so it is not my link syntax.

Tried ='MT4'|BID!GBPUSD and =MT4|BID!GBPUSD (neither work)

I assume that DDE still should work in XL 2007 ?

(DDE is enabled in MT4)

TIA

Good with MT4, DDE and microsoft excel? Need help.

Ok so just recently managed to get pip data recording with the currency pair EUR/USD with excel 2007 on a workbook i had prepared from MT4 using DDE. I am having some difficulty though as i am trying to formulize the pip data first by totalling it per hour as thats the time frame im looking at, but sometimes i dont think excel is recording every single pip that occurs through MT4 which i find odd as its a direct feed.

Im not sure what im doing wrong, if anyone has had experience with this it be good to know what to do to overcome it?

Reason: