Exporting MT4 data to Excel

I have seen a few posts on exporting MT4 data to Excel. I am trying to start doing so and not having any luck. I have seen the formula but don't know what the straight vertical line key is. Do I have to set up anything within Excel to receive the DDE feed. I have turned on the DDE in MT4. Lastly, can anyone recommend a good article or book to help me get started?

Thanks,
Steve

sradke:
I have seen a few posts on exporting MT4 data to Excel. I am trying to start doing so and not having any luck. I have seen the formula but don't know what the straight vertical line key is. Do I have to set up anything within Excel to receive the DDE feed. I have turned on the DDE in MT4. Lastly, can anyone recommend a good article or book to help me get started?

Open MT4 and press F1 to open the Help file. Search for 'DDE' and read all related information. You can also have a look at the DDE sample included with the installation - a file called "DDE-Sample.xls". Good Luck!

gordon:

Open MT4 and press F1 to open the Help file. Search for 'DDE' and read all related information. You can also have a look at the DDE sample included with the installation - a file called "DDE-Sample.xls". Good Luck!

When I put in the information for a cell and hit enter, my Excel always locks up (Not Responding). I don't have problems with Excel any other time. Any idea why this might be happening?
Thanks

sradke:
When I put in the information for a cell and hit enter, my Excel always locks up (Not Responding). I don't have problems with Excel any other time. Any idea why this might be happening?

Seems other people have had this problem -> http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=150960. Maybe Google it...

gordon:

Seems other people have had this problem -> http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=150960. Maybe Google it...

Gordon,
I appreciate your help. I'm still not finding any solution. When I open the DDE Sample that is in MT4, I get the attached window. If I click to update, again it hangs even with the sample. Any other suggestions?
Thanks Again,
Steve

sradke:

Gordon,
I appreciate your help. I'm still not finding any solution. When I open the DDE Sample that is in MT4, I get the attached window. If I click to update, again it hangs even with the sample. Any other suggestions?
Thanks Again,
Steve

sradke:

I can't see the attached window...? Anyway, I can't think of anything... But u should attach that window, maybe somebody else would know.

Reason: