Moving Average - page 147

Are in this forum have the standart moving average (MT4)  but include comment on corner main chart ( the comment like : color/period/price) and maybe with MTF too.

I use in big TF more than 3 MA

Thank you 

Melajah_Forex:

Are in this forum have the standart moving average (MT4)  but include comment on corner main chart ( the comment like : color/period/price) and maybe with MTF too.

I use in big TF more than 3 MA

Thank you 

What would comment be used for?

nbtrading:
What would comment be used for?

Trully i don't what the comment for, but i can say i just like and i thing this forum open. If my request not aswered i understand maybe not any coder interested with my idea, no problem.

But if you really want to know the answer, I suggestion you ask to the "tradingview.com" Why they MA have a comment??

Files:
chartq.jpg  353 kb

Melajah_Forex:

Trully i don't what the comment for, but i can say i just like and i thing this forum open. If my request not aswered i understand maybe not any coder interested with my idea, no problem.

But if you really want to know the answer, I suggestion you ask to the "tradingview.com" Why they MA have a comment??

That is not a comment - that is the value displayed

That is what their trading terminal does (similar to tradestation) : displays the values of attached indicators even when they are attached to the main chart or not. If it is useful : I don't know. I never watch the value of an average, for one. But then, maybe somebody does

mladen:

That is not a comment - that is the value displayed

That is what their trading terminal does (similar to tradestation) : displays the values of attached indicators even when they are attached to the main chart or not. If it is useful : I don't know. I never watch the value of an average, for one. But then, maybe somebody does

That just example, but what i ask color/period/price

Like i said i use lot of standart ma, it's hard to make?  

Melajah_Forex:

That just example, but what i ask color/period/price

Like i said i use lot of standart ma, it's hard to make?  

Since it needs to "know" unique id, place and a load of parameters, it would make any of the moving average using instead 2 parameters, at lest 7,8 parameters more - which would make the usage of it in-necessarily complicated. And adding that on each tick, instead of just calculating the ma it would have to update the state of a label, text, button or whatever would be there to indicate some (current) state of the ma (that is, by the way, already shown by the value of the ma itself on the chart and can easily be accessed for more precise review using the data window), all results in too complicated code that would always do a job that would result in once-an-era look at some value

Best to use the ma as they are : changing colors are already there (and they are there historically too, not just for current value), values can be viewed using data window whenever you wish to see the data (again : for the whole history, not just the current bar) and settings are always available for review by a simple parameters review. All in all : we already have that (and much more)

Smoother (r-squared) adaptive (experiment) posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/186064/page39

MA rsi adaptive posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179723/page74

mladen:

Since it needs to "know" unique id, place and a load of parameters, it would make any of the moving average using instead 2 parameters, at lest 7,8 parameters more - which would make the usage of it in-necessarily complicated. And adding that on each tick, instead of just calculating the ma it would have to update the state of a label, text, button or whatever would be there to indicate some (current) state of the ma (that is, by the way, already shown by the value of the ma itself on the chart and can easily be accessed for more precise review using the data window), all results in too complicated code that would always do a job that would result in once-an-era look at some value

Best to use the ma as they are : changing colors are already there (and they are there historically too, not just for current value), values can be viewed using data window whenever you wish to see the data (again : for the whole history, not just the current bar) and settings are always available for review by a simple parameters review. All in all : we already have that (and much more)

Dear Mladen

I have found this ma, would you please check the code, maybe there is something you can modernize ? Please 

Files:

Melajah_Forex:

Dear Mladen

I have found this ma, would you please check the code, maybe there is something you can modernize ? Please 

Use the latest averages indicator (version 8.4). It has all the whistles and bells that are considered "modern" these days
Reason: