HedgeEA - page 34

Current to do List on HedgeEA

This is the current to do list on Hedge EA:

1 - Fix autoratio routine acording to steve post

2 - Fix Bollinger Bands entry filter to wok with any pair

3 - Add two optional pairs

3.1 - In this case what entry filters should be used?

Bollinger Bands? On what ?

Correlation?

No filter, just enter the trades?

4 - Implement ratio on MM

If you think that we need any aditional features please post.

I need a day or two to code this and test. After I will post it

Yuhuuuu !!!

chrisstoff:
I think the right ratio is the combination of

Cijas' - this is the static part and

Stevensign's - this is the dynamic part of it.

Thank you for your great work of coding and sharing this EA. Happy New Year!

Lol really first time that my name is quoted about an EA.

Anyway i already tried the EA in real but i found that sometimes it is more benefic to use naked positions (GBPJPY without hedging but with some kind of martingale positions in order to buy even when the price is going down).

But i am sure this EA with some kind of 10points EA or Cost Averaging EA would be gorgeous.

I have been following this thread and it looks like thhis EA really has some promise. One thing I do not understand is why when it takes profit it automatically opens up new positions. Wouldnt it make more sense to have some sort of a manual indicator that you watch and wait till it drops to a certain level before entering into new positions? That would make it easier and quicker to roll out of the positions at a profit again. Or maybe Im missing something.

Mike

forexmentorprogram:
I have been following this thread and it looks like thhis EA really has some promise. One thing I do not understand is why when it takes profit it automatically opens up new positions. Wouldnt it make more sense to have some sort of a manual indicator that you watch and wait till it drops to a certain level before entering into new positions? That would make it easier and quicker to roll out of the positions at a profit again. Or maybe Im missing something. Mike

Well if you use Bollinger filter it will wait to enter again...

kokas:
Changing Server Moving DB now!

Kokas,

Do you mind telling me where you get the code for the Correlation and the bollinger band from?

I wish to do more research on that..

Thanks!

Cijas:
Lol really first time that my name is quoted about an EA.

Anyway i already tried the EA in real but i found that sometimes it is more benefic to use naked positions (GBPJPY without hedging but with some kind of martingale positions in order to buy even when the price is going down).

But i am sure this EA with some kind of 10points EA or Cost Averaging EA would be gorgeous.

Guess its more risky this way. Cijas, which broker you using?

kokas:
This has nothing to do with the MM routine but the way it is used on the EA. You got a good point. The EA assume that the Lotsize is equal for the two pairs. This must be considered... You are right... We need to enter ratio on MM. Thanks I go add it to to do list!

Not really, it affects.

Just some hint..

Not all the accounts are in base currency. in the case GBPJPY, there must be some conversion to USD ultimately. The pip cost code can modified in calculating the correct lot sizes.

Hope this helps.

after going thru the code again,

i have some doubts again.

Bollinger_Symbol = "GBPCHF";

BandsLower = iBands(Bollinger_Symbol,Bollinger_TF,Bollinger_Period,Bollinger_Dev,0,0,2,0); // Lower Bollinger

BandsUpper = iBands(Bollinger_Symbol,Bollinger_TF,Bollinger_Period,Bollinger_Dev,0,0,1,0); // Upper Bollinger

Bands = (BandsLower + BandsUpper) / 2;
// Added signal2 that will store bollinger logic if used

if(UseBollinger) {

if(MarketInfo(Bollinger_Symbol,MODE_ASK) < Bands) {

signal2 = true;

} else {

signal2 = false;

}

}

Can somebody please explain why the entry of GBPJPY and CHFJPY has to do with bollinger bands of GBPCHF?

Why does we only enter when the price of GBPCHF is less than middle bollinger band line.

I really don't seems to understand this. any kind soul please please englighten me!

Hedge balancing

I think post #224 by mikhaildgreat is important.

One of the purposes of this type of trade is to stay in the trade and collect interest. By using the concepts in #224 this helps to balance this. While I think his suggested ratio of 2:3 should be adjusted to my settings that use range and PIP equalization, I think it is a great concept that should be incorporated.

Bollinger Bands secret

I'm sorry is this is short or cryptic. I'm short on time right now.

Use BB to enter trades. I'm involved in Freedomrocks.com right now so i'll use GBPUSD and USDCHF. Put BB on a graph of GBPCHF, (maybe use low instead of close for BB, not sure yet). use settings of 20,2, 8,2, or 10, 1.75 (use "Custom Indicator" "Bands" to use 1.75). Wait for price to go down. When OPPOSITE BB changes slope (starts heading down), enter trade.

This is the secret - watch the OPPOSITE BB for the indication!

If you don't understand , ask me.

Reason: