HedgeEA - page 35

Correlation question

Okay I admit I'm an electical engineer and think I hjave a reasonable understanding of math and in particular of correlation, can someone explain the pros and cons of using correlation along with HOW to use it. I know what +1, 0, and -1 means.

I don't know of a good use of it for the hedge system other than to express risk. If correlation is close to +1 or -1 when the currencies are closed, well golly, I might expect that.

I have studied it and, when evaluated over a given time, I don't see any usefulness in calculations except trying to observe its range and using this to determine a risk based percentage for a given portfolio.

Please help, can correlation be used to calculate lots, or entry/exit points, or anything?

i agree with you ,if we could do what mikhail suggest on post #224 the system will be perfect.

Stevensign do you have a spread sheet in execl with the calculation that you make to get the perfect ratio?

Stevensign:
I think post #224 by mikhaildgreat is important. One of the purposes of this type of trade is to stay in the trade and collect interest. By using the concepts in #224 this helps to balance this. While I think his suggested ratio of 2:3 should be adjusted to my settings that use range and PIP equalization, I think it is a great concept that should be incorporated.

I have re-read the post, and I believe that this is very dangerous. The only way I see that is possible to do is (let me consider only one side of the hedge, but this is good for the two sides):

1 - Place the order

2 - When the order is in profit for 70 pips, bring SL to +50 and place another order.

3 - do the same for every orders.

In the case the trend go to the oposite direction of the orders, they will it SL on profit, but the last open order will remain open. And this worrys me.

Any idea? Lets try to clear things before the coding.

hi kokas,

this idea is from freedomrock,the trade this way for a long time with a lot of success, did you check thier system?

kokas:
I have re-read the post, and I believe that this is very dangerous. The only way I see that is possible to do is (let me consider only one side of the hedge, but this is good for the two sides):

1 - Place the order

2 - When the order is in profit for 70 pips, bring SL to +50 and place another order.

3 - do the same for every orders.

In the case the trend go to the oposite direction of the orders, they will it SL on profit, but the last open order will remain open. And this worrys me.

Any idea? Lets try to clear things before the coding.

Stevensign:
Okay I admit I'm an electical engineer and think I hjave a reasonable understanding of math and in particular of correlation, can someone explain the pros and cons of using correlation along with HOW to use it. I know what +1, 0, and -1 means.

I don't know of a good use of it for the hedge system other than to express risk. If correlation is close to +1 or -1 when the currencies are closed, well golly, I might expect that.

I have studied it and, when evaluated over a given time, I don't see any usefulness in calculations except trying to observe its range and using this to determine a risk based percentage for a given portfolio.

Please help, can correlation be used to calculate lots, or entry/exit points, or anything?

LOL I'm geologist, and my area on university was fractals. I believe that this is the solution for forex trading, but I'm not ready to code fractals on mq4.

I have the theory, but not the necessary knowledge to code it... then I have to wait!

400396:
hi kokas, this idea is from freedomrock,the trade this way for a long time with a lot of success, did you check thier system?

No never. Where can I read something about it? I believe that there must be a gap on my theory because, the last trade will remain open if the EA behaves like I told...

kokas you must check this system , you will get a lot of ideas to improve the system , the have 15 day trial to use their software.

Currency Meter

I think Tom Yoemans currency meter might be perfect for entering these trades. If you enter gbp/jpy & chf/jpy when gbp is weak, chf is strong, and JPY is strong, I think you will have a greater chance of incrteasing profits when they move. I still hope to find someone interested in making his excel spreadsheet into an indicator.

Ducati:
I think Tom Yoemans currency meter might be perfect for entering these trades. If you enter gbp/jpy & chf/jpy when gbp is weak, chf is strong, and JPY is strong, I think you will have a greater chance of incrteasing profits when they move. I still hope to find someone interested in making his excel spreadsheet into an indicator.

What spreadsheet? Can you post ir here?

Reason: