Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 113

daraknor:
Thanks for your kind works Bertbin, and I'm glad you liked the ideas we discussed. Right now my main goal is reliable trading without bugs in 5.6.x. Any changes to the actual trading logic will wait for Phoenix 6.

Ok Will wait...

But this week I will try something

On $/EUR (no trade on my tests now)

Open 4 graphs M15, M30, D1, H1

Put Phoenix 56 on M15

Put the 2 Turbo (Turbo_jrsx, Turbo_jvel/Goblin) on M30, D1 and H1

If I have the same trend indicators on the 3 graphs =start Phoenix in the direction of the trend obtained by the two turbos : short or long or both...

Now what will hapened if the inside settings are on contrary ? = No trade ? Have I to put : Prefsettings false ?

Stupid ?

See you

Anything with MA in the name essentially works amazingly in backtest and horribly in forward testing because the indicators "paint the past." One of the biggest problems with indicatiors is that sometimes they keep updating as new data comes in. Watch EMA on a chart and you will see it shift historical data as new data arrives. I'm currently working on a pure EMA system, the signal is a placeholder just because we wanted something that would always enter the market during development. After the engine is finished, we change the headlights to face forward and put a real signal in place.

IBFX has (a horrible broker) great tutorials on what each indicator is supposed to do and supposed to tell you when you enter a trade. A good resource for basic info is babypips.com. Most advanced info is on forums like these. I haven't taken any $$$ training courses, but I have read a lot of books. My personal opinion is that books are less sales oriented, and need to provide value for dollar instead of gimmicks per dollar.

Changing Signals in Phoenix will be easier in Phoenix 6, but anything can be changed. If you want a decent trade reversal system, check out the murrey math system. Resources in the first 10 posts and then start at about post 300 or 350. Welcome and good luck!

I contacted FXDD last week to enquire if they collected their own Live Tick Data, and if so, was it available to use MT4 Strategy Tester. Below is Shelton Matlow's response. I tried the www.fxstreet.com link and could not find any history data or links to history data. I have sent a reply to Shelton to request a specific link on that website for the history data.

It was great news to hear about FXDD's plan to have M1 data available in a few weeks.

Wackena

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir

Thank you for your inquiry to fxdd. 1 minute chart data will hopefully be available to our cliens within the next 2 weeks .To obtain back data go to www.fxstreeet.com From which you will be able to retrieve data back to Jan 2006. We at fxdd.com only provide charts we do not physically enter data.

Please feel free to contact us at any time.

Regards fxdd

Sheldon Matlow

FXDD Sales/support

75 Park Place, 4th flr

New York, NY 10007

Tel: 212.791.3950

Fax: 212.937.3845

smatlow@fxdd.com

www.fxdd.com*

HenkiJr

Welcome to the crazy world of Forex...

Holy grail don't exist... lot of works, sleeplessness and sweating.... nowhere money fall from sky...

Up this page you have the (Forex trading>Trading system>Pheonix)

Go to FAQ,Stable,user support to have some answers to your questions

Start by a DEMO account... after you will see... to go live

Good trading

It seems that Phoenix is dieing and Hendrick is almost in the last place on that contest.

Hendrick's arrogancy seems to start revenging him in that way.

SloForeX:
It seems that Phoenix is dieing and Hendrick is almost in the last place on that contest. Hendrick's arrogancy seems to start revenging him in that way.

Thanks your kind words Slowforex...

They are at your level : nothing...

Open eyes and go to the Forum Phoenix : you will see if Phoenix is diying...

and now go back to your hut trying to earn your daily nano-micro pips...

daraknor:
Anything with MA in the name essentially works amazingly in backtest and horribly in forward testing because the indicators "paint the past." One of the biggest problems with indicatiors is that sometimes they keep updating as new data comes in. Watch EMA on a chart and you will see it shift historical data as new data arrives........

I would guess; Tualatin Valley?

SloForeX:
It seems that Phoenix is dieing and Hendrick is almost in the last place on that contest.

Hendrick's arrogancy seems to start revenging him in that way.

Your right the EA is failing because it is in unfriendly market conditions. No one would beleive me earlier when I said that Phoenix was unstable in its current design. This is exactly what I was saying back when the EA was cooking bacon. Will it be profitable again? U bet. will it be stable, not a chance unless the real problems are addressed. I've trid to point the way to correcting the problems but some people here are so stuck up on them selfs they can not see anything different.

And seys my english is bad and my spelling is too, english is not my native laugage and if that is afending to you then I would segest that substance is more valuble then image.....take it the way you want.

The CockeyedCowboy

Reason: