Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 59

Jovager:
Thanks Pabloski. But what, if I will MoneyManagement starting with 2 lots ?

MM will decide the size of your lots depending on your risk. If MM does not open 2 lots, that means you don't have enough balance to handle the risk level set using that lot size. If you want to open bigger lots you may: turn MM off and decide lot size by yourself OR leave MM on but increase your risk level.

Hope this helps!

Pabloski

JanusTrading:
After having Phoenix running on 2 Demo accounts here is what happened:

1.Alpari Demo opens trades, which IBFX does not.

2.In both platforms in Mode 3 only, standard settings, simultanously 3 trades are opened.

Seek help since i want to put Phoenix on a real money account next week and will post statements here.

But this makes no sense, if one Broker works the other doesnt.

Any mistake i make here?

Janus

I'm using phoenix on a live IBFX account. and it's not having any problems opening trades etc.

JanusTrading:
After having Phoenix running on 2 Demo accounts here is what happened:

1.Alpari Demo opens trades, which IBFX does not.

2.In both platforms in Mode 3 only, standard settings, simultanously 3 trades are opened.

Seek help since i want to put Phoenix on a real money account next week and will post statements here.

But this makes no sense, if one Broker works the other doesnt.

Any mistake i make here?

Janus

I had a similar problem, and I have an idea on how to solve the problem, but it would require some programming. The system appears to work best on an Alpari demo so you have to write some type of program that opens/closes the trades on a different platform after you get a signal from Alpari.

For example, you get a long signal at 119.00 and a trade is opened on your Alpari demo account. You also have a live account with IBFX. As soon as the trade is entered on the Alpari demo, the program sends the same signal to open a trade at the market price on the IBFX account. When the Alpari demo closes the trade, the IBFX account will then close the trade at the market price.

Trading

Right now the following developed:Last 30 min

Alpari............buy USD/JPY (only 1 of three lots...no margin problem) @117.61

IBFX.............buy USD/JPY 117.64 3 lots opened

Space...........sell USD/JPY 117.64 3 lots opened

But probably the answer is, different brokers, different signals...........lol

or should i RTFM again, as one expert suggested?

BTW:

Alpari is short USD/CHF and IBFX is long...............

Maybe someone has an answer

here're mine...

all mode=3 / 15M TF / std settings

IBFX Demo $JPY: 01:30 long @ 117.62

SBFX Demo $JPY: no active trades

FXDD Demo $JPY: 06:00 long @ 117.65 (somehow the platform went down, that's why the trades were placed at 06:00. the trend was more or less flat and could have been executed around 01:30 as well)

IBFX Live $JPY: 01:31 long @117.62

IBFX Live EURJPY: 15:30 long @150.35 (opened yesterday 11/07)

it seems that this time all brokers executed the trades around the same time.

AZBOfin

JanusTrading:
Alpari............buy USD/JPY (only 1 of three lots...no margin problem) @117.61

did you check the journal entries for execution errors?

AZBOfin

JanusTrading:
Right now the following developed:Last 30 min

IBFX.............buy USD/JPY 117.64 3 lots opened

Space...........sell USD/JPY 117.64 3 lots opened

But probably the answer is, different brokers, different signals...........lol

or should i RTFM again, as one expert suggested?

BTW:

Alpari is short USD/CHF and IBFX is long...............

Maybe someone has an answer

My live account

Right now the following developed:Last 15 min

FXDD.............buy USD/JPY 117.64 0.1 lots*3 opened

magedology:
I am testing

Phoenix_EA_v5_6_02 mode 5 M15 USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF ,eurjpy , gpbjpy with altrade

AND

Phoenix_EA_v5_6_02 mode 3 M15 USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF , eurjpy , gpbjpy with UGMFX

I started opening trade windows about 11/06 04:00 GMT

till now

All default settings, default risk, all 10k demo accounts, 10 happy faces

with no order at all I don`t know why

in the otherhand when I use Phoenix_EA_v5_6_01 it work

can any one help me?

for messenger talk

my yahoo Id: maged_hdp@yahoo.com

Hi,

Saw you adding my Yahoo and said "Hi" to me while I was sleeping!

I have ever tried UGMFX's demo. Please notice that it doesn't have minilot (0.1) while if your account amount is 10,000 and using mode 3, most probably it involve using minilot as it splits the trade into 3 different order.

It may be the main reason you don't have any trade yet.

Regards

Wilson

Self Learning Phoenix

Hi Hendrick,

The phoenix is Excellent.

However, there are some variables within Phoenix that many be different in the future:

SMAPeriod = 4;

SMA2Bars = 16;

OSMAFast = 11;

OSMASlow = 20;

OSMASignal = 14;

Fast_Period = 20;

Slow_Period = 10;

DVBuySell = 0.0078;

DVStayOut = 0.026;

Thinking a way to self-configure for phoenix...

I do not know how often these values change, but you can calculate the value and save it into a flat file. Then this value will be updated, perhaps monthly for example. Taking data 6 months and re-calculate the values.

You can also set phoenix running on background test and generate the setting values.

I attached a sample of "self learning ea", but the performence of this EA is far away from Phoenix. Do not need to test it. However, we take the "self learning" idea.

What do you think? If the setting is not much different from month to month, then we do not need this.

Thanks

Files:

OhYes

i'm very very new for this EA, not just this EA but also others EA. i tried really hard to learn this EA (Phoenix EA 5.6)... and i dont just get it. i'm not very sure in put manu what i should set or what i should do, or how to put the number in it. also i already read the guid for this ea, it doens seem to help me.

so, is there anyone can give me a setting for the phoenix so that i could learn how you guy set in the in put manu even the code?

sorry with my english

Reason: