JLPi Grid EA - page 5

What does this error mean?

2007.03.30 03:00:53 JLPiGrid USDCAD,M5: Error setting sell order [JLPi_Grid]: (131) invalid trade volume

I had the ea running on a second broker at home and it only made one trade then realized I was getting this error in my Experts tab. Different broker than at my my work and the risk was at 1.0.

Any idea?

matrixebiz:
What does this error mean?

2007.03.30 03:00:53 JLPiGrid USDCAD,M5: Error setting sell order [JLPi_Grid]: (131) invalid trade volume

I had the ea running on a second broker at home and it only made one trade then realized I was getting this error in my Experts tab. Different broker than at my my work and the risk was at 1.0.

Any idea?

Yes, maybe it is because this broker doesn't allow microlots. (0.01)

In such a case you should put MicroLots = false and MinLots = 0.1

Here is forward test of JLPI Grid. Looks good. I guess that all open trades can be closed and start EA again as jlpi suggested.

Thanks jlpi for your EA!

Trader83:
Here is forward test of JLPI Grid. Looks good. I guess that all open trades can be closed and start EA again as jlpi suggested. Thanks jlpi for your EA!

Thanks for the feedback and for the greetings.

I am happy that somebody appreciates it.

to all:

By the way, I will be away next week , so do not worry if I don't answer your questions.

JLPI

Great EA. I am trying to set it up to do 1 mini on FXDD demo but it always does 5 mini at the inception. Where in the properties input section do I reflect this? I have tried inputting .1 in percent or risk and it still does 5 mini. How would I correct this? Thanks

chuckee:
JLPI Great EA. I am trying to set it up to do 1 mini on FXDD demo but it always does 5 mini at the inception. Where in the properties input section do I reflect this? I have tried inputting .1 in percent or risk and it still does 5 mini. How would I correct this? Thanks

----------------------------------

Place microlots - false; and minilots 0.1

Best Regards

chuckee:
JLPI Great EA. I am trying to set it up to do 1 mini on FXDD demo but it always does 5 mini at the inception. Where in the properties input section do I reflect this? I have tried inputting .1 in percent or risk and it still does 5 mini. How would I correct this? Thanks

I don't know for FXDD because each broker has different rules an sometimes it is confusing.

For some 1 minilot = 1, for others 1 minilot = 0.1.

You should find the correct setting with Risk / MicroLots / MinLots. (not Percent)

Risk : if 0.1 it will open 0.1 lot for $10 000, if 1, 1 lot for $10 000 (so that depends of your account size)

Microlots: do you use microlots (0.01 lots) as an increment ?

MinLots: minimun lot size that your broker accepts

How do I decrease the amount to trades it makes? Decrease Percent and MAPeriod? and what happens with stop loss again if all of a sudden there is a 300 pip drop?

Thanks

Forward Statement Attached Velocity4x 1 Hour Timeframe. EA seems to be going nowwhere.

Files:
jlpgrid.htm  15 kb

jlpi:
Thanks for the feedback and for the greetings.

I am happy that somebody appreciates it.

to all:

By the way, I will be away next week , so do not worry if I don't answer your questions.

Hi, seems to have made a profit this week but what this EA needs is for it to stop trading on Friday and close off the weeks rest of the trades. Can you make the mods? Thanks

Reason: