Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 35

[Several websites will tell you GMT real time.

Hi there - No problem for me personally with time frames but, they do cause the charts to be a little different. ie a four hour chart at FXDD closes the bar one hour earlier than the same at FXLQ or any other on GMT 00. I would wonder if there is an effect on the function of the EA. 30m bars are similar but never identical on any two different feeds also, apart from time frame.

Cheers,

Altos.

Thanks Hendrick !!

Yes...I will follow my dreams and get it one day...I'm every day thinking i'm so close to achieving it..

Thanks again.

Huge drawdown. My trade going down from 50% to 10%! Bad week for phoenix... The 2 currency pillars GBPJPY and USDJPY both booked losses at the same time.

1 week of trading - Overall Loss

Posting the first week of forward testing on Alpari demo account. I did not change anything from the download Hendrick posted. Results are not so good this week. Trading on all jpy crosses plus cad, plus gbp, plus euro

Results

1-chf/jpy trade, 1 win (I closed it after 48 hours with slight profit)

2-Eur/Jpy trades, 1 win, 1 loss

2-gbp/jpy trades, 2 losses

1-gbp/usd trade, 1 win

2-usd/cad trades, 2 losses

3-usd/jpy trades, 3 wins

1-chf/jpy open in hole

1-gbp/jpy open in hole

1-usd/jpy open in hole

See attached:

Files:

Performance this week

I will note that breakeven in the type of sideways market we have had this week is not bad. I am very satisfied with the overall performance, and am looking forward to the next version

One thing I intend to do over the weekend is setup a second computer and establish 4 sessions of MT4 with different brokers to run simultaneously on the same currencies. I would like to better understand the differences that exist between the brokers, the broker time etc and the impact the formation of candles at different times have on the performance of the phoenix.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

My results so far this week with phoenix 4 has also been poor. We have been in this rangeing market for the past 6 months which phoenix 4 is primed tuned for. I believe we are starting to head into trending market conditions which the added features of phoenix 5 is ready to exploit.

Being able to add onto existing trades is definitly the right direction. Looking forward to it.

One thing I intend to do over the weekend is setup a second computer and establish 4 sessions of MT4 with different brokers to run simultaneously on the same currencies. I would like to better understand the differences that exist between the brokers, the broker time etc and the impact the formation of candles at different times have on the performance of the phoenix.

QUOTE]

I will be very interested in your result. I would do it also but I have just set up eight accounts to run grid testing for next week. Interestingly and for reasons unknown, I could not run 8 at IBFX and had to switch to FXDD where there was no problem.

Only thing for your tests is to be sure you have four different server time zones. If Hendrick posts v 5 I will run that somewhere also but probably only two copies at FXLQ. (GMT 00) BTW. Don't use COES for testing. Their MT4demo server is terrible - spikes everywhere.

Altos.

If seeing the current open trade from Hendrick's contest, it is a "sell" USDJPY (4317120), in losses. Mine is a "buy" both for NorthFinance & Alpari, In a profit. A good chance to see oposite direction trades, and how we can win both...

to many signals of divergence

If you don't holding position the EA will trade by using current signals

but if you holding positions the cuurent signals will ignore.

Is it posible that EA can calculate current signals compare with the signal EA's holding position and use stronger signal to close or open new trade.

sorry for poor english.

fikko:
If seeing the current open trade from Hendrick's contest, it is a "sell" USDJPY (4317120), in losses. Mine is a "buy" both for NorthFinance & Alpari, In a profit. A good chance to see oposite direction trades, and how we can win both...

Hendrick's contest EA won. the sell is making profit finally. my buy is ended with loss. Another 2 minus trades from GBPJPY and USDJPY, now the profit is -32%

I do not know with other people, but mine is now very bad. It produces consistant losses 4 times (2 GBPJPY 2 USDJPY).

Reason: