Indicators looking different on same MT4 platform on 2 computers - why?

Hi, my husband and I are using Forex.com as a broker and on the 2 platforms we use for 2 separate accounts on different computers the same EMA-s are at significantly different price levels. Any idea why this could happen? It is very confusing when we try to compare notes...

I can understand that there can be differences between 2 brokers especially if they have different GMT ofset, but how can it be possible on the same broker on 2 computers??? We have checked that we have identical properties in defining the EMA-s etc.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

To make sure all settings are the same and eliminate the indicators as the sorce of the problem make a template on one computer and copy it with the ex4 of the indicator to the other computer. Post the result if they are still not the same.

ruxwells:

Hi, my husband and I are using Forex.com as a broker and on the 2 platforms we use for 2 separate accounts on different computers the same EMA-s are at significantly different price levels. Any idea why this could happen? It is very confusing when we try to compare notes...

I can understand that there can be differences between 2 brokers especially if they have different GMT ofset, but how can it be possible on the same broker on 2 computers??? We have checked that we have identical properties in defining the EMA-s etc.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

I don't know specifically about your indicators, but generally MT4 server does not provide the exact same data stream to all clients.

If u log ticks coming to 2 separate platforms connected to the same broker (and same account), the ticks will slightly vary. How much they vary depends on many factors, but the variation is usually too small to matter. I don't know if this is the cause of your problem though...

Thank you for your help.

Ruptor, we have downloaded the SAME template (.tpl) into both platforms to begin with... It is a template with several EMA-s & Bollinger Bands. We have only realised the problem last night when we discovered we were arguing about technical analysis when in fact we had completely different values for our EMA-s. The 200 daily EMA on USDJPY, for instance, is at 91.67 on one computer and at 91.39 on the other... On GBPUSD there is 100+ pips difference! 1.6109 and 1.6212 for the same EMA (200 Daily)... Have checked and rechecked that the parameters are identical: 200 - exponential - shift 0 - applied to close. No idea what to do next...

If you are looking at the history of the MAs maybe the history is corrupt so try clearing the file and load it again. It does sound strange and could be very painful if you trade a lot of money on wrong data.

Just a thought if you zoom in on the candles do they have the same open and closed prices?