Dolly system - page 104

kyliejaeger:
CJA might i suggest.... when you release a new script... also post a zip file with the current system package. This way those who just need the one script can just grab it. and those of us that want to make sure we have BUG FREE scripts can download the whole "official package" THANKS CJA

You can get current system package at this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175809

babarmughal:
HI Guys

Can someone please modify this DOlly indicator...I just want it to display the current day LInes not the previous...how can I modify the code...

Thanks

I've recode back the dolly you attach. maybe the variable not same as you give. but you can read it back.

This version also can switch from Open Daily (Open Graphics) or Open Pivot (Dolly v0.3)

here you go Dolly Simple v1.0.1

Files:

Guys which version was dolly with the historical line i'd like to back test it..and was it based on open or pivot caz i want to back test both..thanks in advance and plz keep em coming

Back Test

cementman:
Guys which version was dolly with the historical line i'd like to back test it..and was it based on open or pivot caz i want to back test both..thanks in advance and plz keep em coming

Any of the Latest Dolly version 10's can backtest - you have the option of the full PIVOTS/PIVOT or OPEN back testing as well if you want just the lines the original Dolly 03 or 04 will do it for you.

Dolly LINES

babarmughal:
Tanks for your reply , I know CJA has done really a good job but I want this speciall indicator (Dolly V03) to display the current day buy ad sell levels and not the previous ones. If someone can Modify or atleast tell me what to change, that will be great. Thanks in advance

This is not the original Dollyv03 but was made for someone who wanted just lines a little while ago so i added the type for you.

This one it is just lines and can also swtich from PIVOT to OPEN setups

The type size can be altered and shifted in the inputs tab

This version does not have any Comments giving trade entries, if you need that let me know.

I Hope this will give you what you want

cja

dolly_linesv2.mq4

Files:

CJA..thanks for your reply but i've tried with no succes could you post a picture of the settings i should change in that version that could show me the past historical lines ( once based on open and another on pivot)..sorry if im asking too much

Historical testing

cementman:
CJA..thanks for your reply but i've tried with no succes could you post a picture of the settings i should change in that version that could show me the past historical lines ( once based on open and another on pivot)..sorry if im asking too much

Somewhere along the line of updates the OPEN line has been deleted from Backtesting - i have added that function back in.

To backtest you go into the inputs tab after right clicking on a chart and selecting INDICATORS LIST in the box that pops up, then select the indicator out of the list and click on it to highlight it then click on EDIT, click on INPUTS

select Back_Test _Days and put in the number of days, now the Central PIVOT or the OPEN will automatically backdate with the graphics, if you want you can select Pivots or Daily HI/LO and the full set of Pivots and Daily HI/LO will back date as well.

This will not show each day as an individual day as in each separate day stepping up or down , it shows you the setup for the last day you have selected. If you select 3 days for example move the chart to the right bringing up the last of the Left hand graphics ( It pays to have the show period separators on so you can see the days separated by a line ) that last graphic is a display of the setup on the 3 rd day.

As i said before any of the latest Dolly's will back date however the OPEN Line was not doing that. I have supplied a new indicator and put BT for BackTest on it to avoid confusion, this indicator is identical to Dolly v10 which switches between the PIVOT & OPEN Setups.

The 2 screenshots show a 5 & 3 Day back test - i repeat only the far left day on the chart shows the setup for that day. If you select 1 day backtest it will show the setup for yesterday if 2 day backtest it will show 2 days ago etc

I hope this helps

dolly_graphics_v10_bt.mq4

Files:
bt1.gif  71 kb
bt2.gif  60 kb

cja:

Sorry it has taken so long I have been busy, this indicator can now switch between a Pivot setup and an Open setup thanks to hymns for the code.

Post 1010 where you got the 1st MM indicator now has the new MM Short_LINES v2 with full code

Cja (and Hymns) thank you!

It is interesting, that this free Dolly looks so much better that commercial.

May I ask you one question. I saw you codded pivot, fib, mm resistance lines into Dolly graphic - cool, thank you again!

Since you also just updated MM_Short_lines_2, which MM lines are you going to use with Dolly, those from MM_Short_Lines_2 or those coded into Dolly graphic? I couldn't get them to match, so I need to make decision which are primary. I really like MM_Short_lines_2.

cja:

the differences are ususally because people like to use different periods - Period 32 is the recomended one for 4X but i prefer a 64 period some also use 16 but it works no matter which period you use.

I guess, one thing is confuzing heck out of us unexperienced MM wannabe users

Say price is aproaching to +1/8 level. So I'm thinking, OK, based on rules, most of the time, when +1 is penetrated it goes toward +2 then turn and we have nice reversal play. Sell order! (so far so good)

Now I'm switching chart from M30 to say M60 and lines are on different place. Now price is at say 6/8. Now what?!? That way looks like you have buy/sell signas based on which time frame you are looking at. But newbie wish to see only buy or only sell signal. Kinda makes it easier lol

And this is what it is so confuzing. You sopouse to act base on rules, which base on where (at which line) is the price, but every time frame show different picture.

They are trying at MM thread to create MM version, that will automatically change period if you will change time frame (v9b I think is already behaving that way) - so lines should be on the same place.

Thank you for all your unselfis and hard work!

Mario

Ps: Daily High/Low are showing previous day levels - it is meant to be that way, correct?

Pps:

Qazq - thank you for tutor link. Now I see, our Dolly is much better lol

Answers

alamanjani:
Cja (and Hymns) thank you!

It is interesting, that this free Dolly looks so much better that commercial.

May I ask you one question. I saw you codded pivot, fib, mm resistance lines into Dolly graphic - cool, thank you again!

Since you also just updated MM_Short_lines_2, which MM lines are you going to use with Dolly, those from MM_Short_Lines_2 or those coded into Dolly graphic? I couldn't get them to match, so I need to make decision which are primary. I really like MM_Short_lines_2.

I guess, one thing is confuzing heck out of us unexperienced MM wannabe users

Say price is aproaching to +1/8 level. So I'm thinking, OK, based on rules, most of the time, when +1 is penetrated it goes toward +2 then turn and we have nice reversal play. Sell order! (so far so good)

Now I'm switching chart from M30 to say M60 and lines are on different place. Now price is at say 6/8. Now what?!? That way looks like you have buy/sell signas based on which time frame you are looking at. But newbie wish to see only buy or only sell signal. Kinda makes it easier lol

And this is what it is so confuzing. You sopouse to act base on rules, which base on where (at which line) is the price, but every time frame show different picture.

They are trying at MM thread to create MM version, that will automatically change period if you will change time frame (v9b I think is already behaving that way) - so lines should be on the same place.

Thank you for all your unselfis and hard work!

Mario

Ps: Daily High/Low are showing previous day levels - it is meant to be that way, correct?

Pps:

Qazq - thank you for tutor link. Now I see, our Dolly is much better lol

There are no MM lines coded into the Dolly indicators you must be getting confused with the Daily Pivot M levels which are the Pivots between the Main Daily Pivots.

Yes the Daily High/Low is supposed to show the previous day levels.

As to the MM levels being different on the different timeframes that is the whole point of using MM levels, where price is on each timeframe gives an overall picture of probable price trend and reversals, the more timeframes confirm a reversal for example if price is moving up M1 at the 8/8 - M5 at the 8/8 - M15 at 4/8 - M30 at 4/8 - H1 at 3/8 - H4 at 7/8 all of these positions would suggest a reversal move and of course the speed and angle that price approaches a level is also important. If you want to treat the MM like Pivot levels i suggest using the Octave indicator as that does not change between time frames.

cja:
This is not the original Dollyv03 but was made for someone who wanted just lines a little while ago so i added the type for you.

This one it is just lines and can also swtich from PIVOT to OPEN setups

The type size can be altered and shifted in the inputs tab

This version does not have any Comments giving trade entries, if you need that let me know.

I Hope this will give you what you want

cja

dolly_linesv2.mq4

Thanks for your help CJA,

Can you please the Dolly V03 i like this V02 but to behonest V03 with just the current day line will be the best...

Thanks in advance

Reason: