Auto Fibonacci indicator - page 9

I am not sure what you are trying to find but if you need different color and different types of the lines so you can change it in indicator's input.

This indicator for example: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175473

Or this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178341

Just download 5 or 10 different indicators and change the lines in the way you want inside indicator's settings/input.

this incicator is great idea.

Kosai:
Anyone know if this indicator exists or willing to create one? It's a tool that I see a lot of request for but have never found.

I'm looking for a Fibonacci tool just like metatrader's except it has multiple line colors.

Here's how it can be programmed:

1. Use one primary line where you can pick a high + low on the chart to calculate all the levels.

2. Create 3 fibonacci, each with it's own line style and color.

3. Overlay all 3 fibonacci using the high/low of the primary line

4. If I modify the primary line and refresh the chart it should update the other 3 overlay fibos.

Here's what the Fibos would look like:

Fibo 1:

... black solid line

... levels: 1.0, 0

Fibo 2:

... dashed gray lines

... standard inner levels (0.382, 0.50, 0.618, etc)

Fibo 3:

... another dash style, any color

... standard extn. levels (1.618, 2.618, etc)

The tool can be modified to whatever levels people want colored, since they only need to copy the portion of the code to add another level. The reason it's very useful is that you can have your targets in green, stops in red, entry in gray,etc. Or, like I use it, you can give weight to different levels relative to price action.

Has anyone seen this tool or can program it?

Cheers

This is close to what i think you are looking for been only problem is its pivots been meaning to change it to fibs but just haven't got around to it, but maybe it can be of some use to you'

newdigital:
I am not sure what you are trying to find but if you need different color and different types of the lines so you can change it in indicator's input. Just download 5 or 10 different indicators and change the lines in the way you want inside indicator's settings/input.

Thanks for the link, but I have come across scripts like these before. The problem with the metatrader fibonacci function is that it doesn't let you change each individual level's line style or color. You can only apply 1 change that will impact all of the lines. The indicator I am looking lets you modify each line.

Cheers.

mrtools:
This is close to what i think you are looking for been only problem is its pivots been meaning to change it to fibs but just haven't got around to it, but maybe it can be of some use to you'

Thanks for the script but the coding is too different from what I need. It's also too large to modify it into a fibo tool.

Cheers.

Fibo MultiColor

Kosai:
Thanks for the script but the coding is too different from what I need. It's also too large to modify it into a fibo tool. Cheers.

This should give you enough code to have a play with. Lets see what you come up with to share with the forum.

Regards CJA

fibo_multicolor.mq4

Files:

cja:
This should give you enough code to have a play with. Lets see what you come up with to share with the forum.

Regards CJA

fibo_multicolor.mq4

Many thanks... this is definitely the closest one I've found and can work. I'm not the best at coding but I can work on it.

Cheers.

Got it working!

Just an update...

I got it working the way I wanted, which is surprising since I thought it would be far more work.

... Either way I set it up so that you can rename any trendline on your chart to "Fibo1" and it will draw the colored fibo levels based on that line's high/low points.

I am wondering if anyone knows how I can apply a wildcard so that any line with the "Fibo" (i.e. Fibo1, Fibo2, Fibo3,etc..) name can draw the lines.

Once I get that last part working I'll post it.

Cheers, and thanks again.

Kosai:
Just an update...

I got it working the way I wanted, which is surprising since I thought it would be far more work.

... Either way I set it up so that you can rename any trendline on your chart to "Fibo1" and it will draw the colored fibo levels based on that line's high/low points.

I am wondering if anyone knows how I can apply a wildcard so that any line with the "Fibo" (i.e. Fibo1, Fibo2, Fibo3,etc..) name can draw the lines.

Once I get that last part working I'll post it.

Cheers, and thanks again.

Hi Kosai,

You might try using StringSubstr() function.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Fibo retracement tool script

Hello,

just an idea, is it possible to write a script, that will "call" fibo retracement tool?

Of course it would be perfect to have different color for specific level, i am really looking forward what Kosai will come up with.

At the very moment it would be nice just to drag a script, which will call fib retracement tool.

Example: 2 scripts 1. Green fib tool for long retracement and 2. red fib tool for short retracement. Color and levels could be adjusted in the script code.

I have zero coding skillz, otherwise i would make it and post it here, but if anybody could stop refreshing this indicator (in attachement) , this would do a thing i guess (pardon if it is foolish idea, my background is in social science)

Jay

Files:
fibo.mq4  5 kb
Reason: