Dolly system - page 105

CJA..thanks again for your replyin post#1042..but this wasn't what i meant..so i had to go back to the old versions and i found that v4.2 is nearly what i'm looking for but only for pivot..so is there any other version for the historical graphics or lin based on open(with separate days i mean)..thanks again.

Files:
dolly.jpg  236 kb

Hi I love dolly as you all know but I'm confused with the subthread, should I download the latest Dolly Graphics from this thread or should we move to the Subthread totally?

Which means this thread contains only the fundamentals of Dolly and the history of how it was born.

Confused

maria77:
Hi I love dolly as you all know but I'm confused with the subthread, should I download the latest Dolly Graphics from this thread or should we move to the Subthread totally? Which means this thread contains only the fundamentals of Dolly and the history of how it was born.

The Dolly thread is for the original PIVOT based Dolly the new SUB thread is for the new OPEN based Dolly so we can compare results, just download the latest Dolly 10 as it has the ability to setup for either trading stradergy code courtesy of hymns. Post 1042 has the latest with the Back Testing upgraded.

If you are happy with the original Dolly system just stay with this thread as we will be updating and providing support as usual.

cja

ANCOLL:
Here I post Dolly Expert Advisor,

But it still needs a little "tweaking"

Feel free to improve it .

ancoll,

sorry to trouble you again. i try use the Dolly Expert Advisor. I am able to do the backward testing. but the face on the top right hand corner is always an unhappy face .. which means its not working..

care to give some comments on how u install it..

what i did was, put 4 files into the experts folder.

1) EA_Dolly Graphics(M).ex4

2) EA_Dolly Graphics(M).mq4

3) EA_Dolly_Expert2.ex4

4) EA_Dolly_Expert2.mq4

I double click on just the EA_Dolly_Expert2 as shown below.

using NF platform here.

oh ya.. just to add, i also did put those 4 files into the indicator folder as well.

Go to tools/options, select the expert advisors tab and make sure the "Allow Live Trading" box is selected.

jafar00:
Go to tools/options, select the expert advisors tab and make sure the "Allow Live Trading" box is selected.

thanks jarfar.

i got it with

jarfar, willing to accept a student?

you were once a student of takii right?

How if we used demo? Still need to enable live?

jafar00:

Thanks jafar00 for answering the question,

by the way, the smiling face is only indicating that you allow your EA for live trading, if you are doing virtual, it also works well.

By now, I will visit this thread less often, I am taking care of the subthread Dolly 2nd clone.

bodshyipmonitor:
thanks jarfar.

i got it with

jarfar, willing to accept a student?

you were once a student of takii right?

Yes, Takii helped me a lot. Unfortunately with my own account and the ones I manage I don't think I have time for one on one lessons with anyone. Although I do share knowledge from time to time here, on TG and MMG.

Dolly and MM

cja:

There are no MM lines coded into the Dolly indicators you must be getting confused with the Daily Pivot M levels which are the Pivots between the Main Daily Pivots.

Ups, yes you are right. Thanks.

cja:

As to the MM levels being different on the different timeframes that is the whole point of using MM levels.....the more timeframes confirm a reversal...

I see, I was missing the point. This (more timeframes confirmed - better it is) give one idea:

Do you think that it is possible (and not to much time consuming to do it), to simplify MM to the level, to use only main, the most important signals and rules and put them into one indicator such as Digistoch - (so it would became DigiMM ) ?

It may not be possible, because there are many rules and it may cripple the system. But it would be cool, to have DigiMM and you can see main signals without switching through all timeframes and eyeballing them. That would be cool addition to Dolly

Do you use Octave (find them usefull) or you are using only MM's with Dolly?

Mario

Reason: