Elite indicators :) - page 924

TraderRob28:
Ah Ok....

what do you say to the adx?

It is however a good trend-strength indicator.

it could identify the sideways trend. --> if the ADX under the 30 zone= sideway, over 30-40 weak trend, over 40 strong trend, under 15 wait.... filtered with DI+over DI- --> UP Trend, DI-over DI+= Down trend....

Would that work?

Can you do this?

--a ADX Signal Info Indicator (according to these criteria)

thanks for your answer

mrtools,

can you make this indicator?

mladen:
timmyhanke

That indicator has to be rewritten first (because of cases like this :

among other things)

Is it possible to do that ? Thank you !

timmyhanke:

Checking it

timmyhanke:

timmyhanke

Here is first this one : steprsi_v2.1.mq4

It is rewritten and optimized (calculates just what is needed, not all the bars on each tick)

Files:

mladen:
timmyhanke

Here is first this one : steprsi_v2.1.mq4

It is rewritten and optimized (calculates just what is needed, not all the bars on each tick)

That looks great ! I cant wait until you add alerts to it so i can try it out !

timmyhanke:
That looks great ! I cant wait until you add alerts to it so i can try it out !

timmyhanke

No need to wait any more Here is the version with alerts and this version also solves that issue that I have pointed out in one of the previous posts (the previous version was simply a cleaned up and optimized code, this one is a "real deal" - also added an option to chose price (instead of using fixed close price)) : steprsi_v2.1_amp_alerts.mq4

And while I am at it - here is the advanced step rsi : advanced_steprsi_v2.1_amp_alerts.mq4

This one can caluclate step rsi using one of the 4 types of rsi :
- regulars rsi

- Wilders rsi

- rsx

- Cuttlers rsi

mladen:
And while I am at it - here is the advanced step rsi : advanced_steprsi_v2.1_amp_alerts.mq4

This one can caluclate step rsi using one of the 4 types of rsi :
- regulars rsi

- Wilders rsi

- rsx

- Cuttlers rsi

Haha , this is just awesome !

One question , i put the indicator that you added alerts to on my chart and my eur/usd alert triggerd a buy , but the green line havnt gone over the yellow line yet, i changed the settings a little to a way that it looked better.

It can be because i only have had it on for 10 minutes or so. Or am i thinking wrong ?

Thanks for all your help so far !

Files:
ste.png  231 kb

timmyhanke:
Haha , this is just awesome !

One question , i put the indicator that you added alerts to on my chart and my eur/usd alert triggerd a buy , but the green line havnt gone over the yellow line yet, i changed the settings a little to a way that it looked better.

It can be because i only have had it on for 10 minutes or so. Or am i thinking wrong ?

Thanks for all your help so far !

timmyhanke

That can happen sometimes when you change time frames (when it still reads in the data). No cause for alarm

This is normalized velocity with options for normalizing using a choice of the 4 types of rsi :

- regulars rsi

- Wilders rsi

- rsx

- Cuttlers rsi

(thanks for the advanced step rsi Mladen,besides being a great indicator, it also reminded me of these options )

Reason: