Elite indicators :) - page 473

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Of topic :

Usually I post indicators explained in the newest TASC here (since they do not have a metatrader versions in TASC)

Well new TASC is out, but ... the indicator they are explaining in the newest (June 2012 issue) is 8 period simple moving average. So, no new indicators from TASC this time ...

traderduke
traderduke  

Thanks Mladen for that explaination.

mladen:
Ray cenetered TMA repaint exactly half period bars back. In the case of the indicator you attached it is with default setttings 20
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Stochastic floating levels - advanced

This is a stochastic indicator using floating levels with some additional features (so it is upgraded). I like the idea of floating levels (they are in some extent similar to dynamic zones) since it allows adapting of the overbought and oversold zones (instead of having them fixed) and that way it can in some case, avoid the long overbought and oversold levels crossing traps. Left out signal line for obvious reasons : in this one signals are a combination of stochastic itself and levels, not the stochastic and the signal line

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Wilders DMI experiment ...

This is an experiment with Wilders DMI (ADX)

First some background : in the calculation of Wilders DMI there are 4 different values that are averaged. Welles Wilder decided to use a calculation that sometimes is called Wilders EMA but which in fact gives the same results as smoothed MA. I was wondering what would happen if we replace that averaging with some other kind of averaging. So I added the set of our averages in order to be able to experiment with them.

In general using any EMA type averaging is going to give a much "faster" DMI (ADX). On the other hand using SMA and similar ones is going to give somewhat "slower" DMI (ADX). I am putting these terms in quotes since the values are not as if you make the calculation period shorter or longer. Quite the opposite : values sometimes do not look like classical ADX at all. So, one needs to experiment with the parameters but this way we can play the "what if" game with ADX indicator

Some examples :

0 -Simple moving average
1 -Exponential moving average

2 - Double smoothed EMA

3 - Double EMA

4 - Triple EMA

5 - Smoothed MA

6 - Linear weighted MA

7 - Parabolic weighted MA

8 - Alexander MA

9 - Volume weighted MA

10 - Hull MA

11 - Triangular MA

12 - Sine weighted MA

13 - Linear regression value

14 - IE/2

15 - Non lag MA

16 - Zero lag EMA

17 - Wilder's EMA

William Snyder
William Snyder  

This is T3 adaptive Absolute strength and multitimeframe also.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Stochastic center of gravity 2 - advanced ...

This is an advanced Stochastic center of gravity (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page29 ). Added multi time framing as well as alerting on trend change (the indicator does not change color on slope change but on a cross of a stochastic line and a signal line, so don't be surprised that sometimes the slope of the line will not be the same as the trend)

winner246
winner246  

Mtf version of kalman histogram

HELLO MLADEN, It would be nice if you could create a mtf version of the Kalman histogram,THANKS for the great work.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Fisher stochastic of center of gravity - advanced ...

This is a "fisherized" version of stochastic center of gravity This way in some cases it is more responsive to changes and maybe it is a bit easier to read and interpret the values. Signal line is different than the one in the regular one, so in this one it is actually the slope that is counting when it comes to color change. As the regular one, this one is already multi time frame version with alerts added

ps) version compatible with new mt4 builds posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Hercs
Hercs  

Need some help plse

Hi Mladen,

Would you be so kind as to change this indicator so that it shows the Arrows while the candle is still forming rather than at close, plse? Similar to the #DTosc and Blau ergodic; features that I have come to appreciate even more as the days go by.

Thanking you most sincerely,

Files:
rsi-m5.mq4 6 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Multi time frame Kalman filter ...

winner246

Multi time frame version of Kalman histogram will be posted on thread it (the histogram version) was originally posted. Posting a multi time frame version of Kalman filter itself here (since it was originally posted here)

winner246:
HELLO MLADEN, It would be nice if you could create a mtf version of the Kalman histogram,THANKS for the great work.

updated version posted here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general