Dynamic SL

I have a rough idea in my mind, and my be a discovered one

Is it possible to write an EA script to change the SL dynamically (something like trailing stop) by the value of an indicator, e.g. MA ?

I mean closing the trade when the price hits a MA indicator.

Of course, the main EA trading system is not based on this SL indicator.

yes, it is possible

Nicholishen:
yes, it is possible

wow, it is quite interesting ...

could you please introduce the required codes ?

etrade:
I have a rough idea in my mind, and my be a discovered one

Is it possible to write an EA script to change the SL dynamically (something like trailing stop) by the value of an indicator, e.g. MA ?

I mean closing the trade when the price hits a MA indicator.

Of course, the main EA trading system is not based on this SL indicator.

Well, a better name for it would be dynamic TP.

The problem is that the price might cross MA and continue in the same direction, that is TP was hit too early.

european:
Well, a better name for it would be dynamic TP. The problem is that the price might cross MA and continue in the same direction, that is TP was hit too early.

That is the reason I am seeking for dynamic SL

TP should be defined with another system

In some cases, one can be sure that the trend is reversed when the price (and even better using a low EMA like 5) hits a high EMA or something like this.

EMATrailing Stop EA is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175843

If you want some exact trailing stop type, ask programmers. I can write any kind of trailing stop but you should first find out what you need. Because I'll charge you for each of them

Thank you.

You are the best in my opinion.

Regards,

Dan Capatina

I am not into EA ,sorry -- just my belief -- forex is not that 24hr continuous for me

so I developed (modify few existing indicators) that I like for dynamic STOP LOSS -- I will refer to my own OLAP result on my personal records on the few pairs that I like -- before making my splash entry into anything now

I like the way that the RESULT display from my NEW indicator --- but I guess you could do similar thing

============= i. e. \\ ===============

really read few EA that you like -- don't have to be complex maths EA, just simple ones, then multi-adopt few good practice EA into your own dynamic SL's EA transformation

afterward, you could apply the essence of your coding result to a complicated and good Scalping EA that you like -- after you test your own creation first (hard to make it work perfectly)

this way, it is the most straight forward way to GET your own EA with dynamic SL done -- without asking around for help --- people have different mind set and coders wanna to get paid (Pro bono publico is kind of god gift)

in my platform

SL is added at pre-set LEVEL

---

but I write up a dynamic SL indicator for myself

I think I should use ZIGGY given indicator to readjust the suggested recommended SL at zggy indicator boundary

i.e. increasing the SL -- to a bigger level == just in case that ZIGGY is correct -- his set of indicator is really Neat --- on possible giganticneedles movement set up by gigantic investment bank -- data-pluse-- from time to time -- he uses 5M chart

---- drawback -- we have to guarantee NO SUDDENS NEWS, NO REVERSAL and NO sudden breakout -- i.e. business as usual

===============

===========

it could be a bit hard for you to understand what I am saying, but I am doing my research notes for my weekend homework anyway -- in the forum

Reason: