Discussion of article "Manual charting and trading toolkit (Part I). Preparation: structure description and helper class"

New article Manual charting and trading toolkit (Part I). Preparation: structure description and helper class has been published:

This is the first article in a series, in which I am going to describe a toolkit which enables manual application of chart graphics by utilizing keyboard shortcuts. It is very convenient: you press one key and a trendline appears, you press another key — this will create a Fibonacci fan with the necessary parameters. It will also be possible to switch timeframes, to rearrange layers or to delete all objects from the chart.

The final function draws a simple line based on two points. Depending on the Is_Trend_Ray global parameter, (described in the GlobalVariables.mqh file), the line will be either a ray extended to the right or a short segment between two extreme points.

Is_Trend_Ray = true  Is_Trend_Ray = false

We can also add the possibility to extend the line using a keyboard.

Author: Oleh Fedorov

Dear Oleh Fedorov, Thanks for sharing these useful files, have healthy days and trades..

Dear Oleh,  

Yes! This is very practical and well-designed. Although I am a long-time MT4 user and trader, I know this will require doing analysis using MT5 tools, which I will undertake.  It is very generous of you to offer these very good tools, of which, after years of analysis on MT4 I did NOT have in my toolchest! 

Maybe many people won't understand the deeper meaning and convenience of these tools, but please continue this set of presentations!!!  Your generosity will pay off in other areas of life, even if only a few people understand what you are giving. A diamond is polished by friction! 

Thank you for your kind, generous sharing of this code. Blessings are sent from Australia.  Cheers, ryan.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I hope when i write second part - it will be useful for you too...

Hi Oleh

Thank you so much for the effort you have put into this, neat and clearly explained work piece. I also thank you for your generosity of sharing it to the community.

May green pips chase you where ever you go.

Kindest Regards

Gerhardt

MyNameWasTaken:

Hi Oleh

Thank you so much for the effort you have put into this, neat and clearly explained work piece. I also thank you for your generosity of sharing it to the community.

May green pips chase you where ever you go.

Kindest Regards

Gerhardt

Thank you for your opinion! It is next part done (right now it is only in Russian, but library is working)...
Набор инструментов для ручной разметки графиков и торговли (Часть II). Рисование разметки
Набор инструментов для ручной разметки графиков и торговли (Часть II). Рисование разметки
  • www.mql5.com
В предыдущей статье я задался целью создать удобный для себя инструмент, который позволяет быстро рисовать на графиках прямые линии с помощью сочетаний клавиш. Там же есть видео того, как работает готовое решение. В текущей реализации нет никакого графического интерфейса (хотя он и планируется в будущем). Программа просто рисует линии по...
Reason: