New Multi Lot Scalper - page 6

herkfsu:
Also, could someone briefly explain a little question I had about the code.

If TP is set at 10 what does "secureprofit" mean?

If the SL is set at 100 why is there a trailing stop of 5?

what does AccountProtection = 1 OrderstoProtect = 13 mean?

Timezone data doesnt matter correct?

Do you stop trading during news announcements?

Has any1 tried this system live yet?

Do you have to keep the trading platform open 24 hours a day?

Thank you for your help!

->If TP is set at 10 what does "secureprofit" mean?

it seems they don't use the "secureprofit" in their code , this value is come with the original EA i think ... but the original one dose not use pivot like this one and the pivot one is much better

->If the SL is set at 100 why is there a trailing stop of 5?

this EA will close all position when one order was closed even by TP/SL or SL by trailing ... trailing is use for keeping your profit 5 point far from current profit then when one of all postion was closed by SL (trailing) then all postion will close either, when one of all position was cloed by SL(100) another will close too,...that's why a big loss comes

Thank you for answering some of my questions. I do not quite get the 5 pip trailing stop. Does the Trailing Stop only come into effect at a certain time? If so when is that time.

No i wathced a long time at this ea

example: eur/usd buy at 1.2700

then it buy again if its -0.0003 = 1.2697

then on 1.2694. and so on.

then if you are in profit with your last trade 1,2694 it will close all postions at 1.2704 from this intruments (eur/usd) within 5 minutes... uif u have more then 5 trades per currency u will get some losses trom the 1.2700 trade u only 4 pips...

I see it so... i hope its right

trailingstop will work only when you gain at least 5 point

so if say my .8 lot goes up 6pips then back to 5 pips the trade will close as well as the .4, .2 and .1 lots?

Also when I right click on an EA in the "navigator" and click modify I change things like MaxTrades to 20, but the rate at which the lot sizes go up is still x 2, not 1.5. I even go down into the code and change both cases to 1.5. Nothing changes the EA for me. Am I not really changing the EA or something? Thanks

1 more thing. Heres what happened. I went long at 1.2786(.1 lot) long again at 1.2783(.2) the price then went up to 1.2792 and the trailing stop turned on. it was set at 1.2787 for the .2 lot. But what I do not get is the TP for the .2 lot which was origionaly put at 1.2793(10 pips above bought price) went up to 1.2807. Why did this happen? Does TP always go up after the trailing stop has been initiated?

did you compile it yet ?...if yes ...maybe bugs...then close Mt4 and open it again

this helps me many times

-------------------------------------------------------------------

they code it to change the TP too

OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),Ask + Point * TrailingStop,OrderClosePrice() - TakeProfit * Point - TrailingStop * Point,0,CLR_NONE)

i think that EA is risky, i am testing since yesterday

What parameters are you guys using with this EA??? When I tested it last night/yesterday it pretty much destroyed a 5k demo account in double-quick time...

It couldn't spot a reversal so the loss in that situation is huge...

then...

do not start this EA on the very volatile market day like Wed. or Thurs.

or the day that a big news comes (the news that will change the trend very rapidly)

which pair were you trading? Wasnt there some major news yesterday? Where is a good place to find which days there will be major movement ie. major news announcements. Forex Factory is one I know, but some of the announcements that are labeled orange produce major movement, others do not. I know if there is a red label with a US announcement you should stop trading at least around the annoucement. That is of course if you are trading a US paid. I am currently demoing EUR/USD. Ill let you know how its going in a few days.

Reason: