Elite indicators :) - page 592

mladen:
In the mean time ...

Blau ergodic tvi (in general almost all William Blau's indicators) is using EMA for calculation. This is an exploration how would a tick volume indicator (TVI) "behave" with some other times of smoothing used instead of EMA. Added the usual set ot 18 types of averages so one can experiment what kind of a result can one get from some smoothing type.

As an example : default parameters, using SMMA

Wonderful Mladen! Hey Mladen, was wondering about those 3 different period parameters, how should they be set, and which ones calculate upticks, and downticks? I've seen settings where periods 1 and 2 are set the same and period 3 different, and in your case here period 1 is different but 2 and 3 are the same. Please advice.

Oh and one other thing, will you be able to update the two attached to this that you have done with different average parameters? Thank you.

rayphua:
Wonderful Mladen! Hey Mladen, was wondering about those 3 different period parameters, how should they be set, and which ones calculate upticks, and downticks? I've seen settings where periods 1 and 2 are set the same and period 3 different, and in your case here period 1 is different but 2 and 3 are the same. Please advice. Oh and one other thing, will you be able to update the two attached to this that you have done with different average parameters? Thank you.

rayphua

Maybe the simplest explanation of TVI is the one done by William Blau

Attaching the formula as he explained it in his book

Files:
tvi_formula.gif  33 kb

rayphua:
Wonderful Mladen! Hey Mladen, was wondering about those 3 different period parameters, how should they be set, and which ones calculate upticks, and downticks? I've seen settings where periods 1 and 2 are set the same and period 3 different, and in your case here period 1 is different but 2 and 3 are the same. Please advice. Oh and one other thing, will you be able to update the two attached to this that you have done with different average parameters? Thank you.

rayphua,

Here is this version (the candles version) with an addition of the choice of moving averages

mladen:
rayphua, Here is this version (the candles version) with an addition of the choice of moving averages

Dear Mladen, thanks for the candles with choice of moving averages. I look forward to seeing the histogram version with average choice, thank you.

mladen:
rayphua The histogram version too

Thanks for the histogram version, Mladen!!

Curriency levels CCFp

mladen,

I have several CCFp indicators which are all different, one of them I believe is yours. Can you tell me which one is the correct one. I don't have the source file for gadi.

I still can't load some attachments either files or pictures AT TIMES. ironicly one is your "CCFp MTF 1.02. I don't have this problem with FF, Hopwood, donna, WWI & several others, only forex-tsd. The problem is on my new windows 7 machine. My XP machines still work great.

Can someone get in touch with me. I don't know if its my problem or yours. I know you just made some well needed changes to the platform. I have only had the 7 machine for about 5 weeks. I was able to load the 3 files but not mladens "CCFp MTF 1.02".

Thanks

Ray

Use mladen's version, CCFp mtf 1.02.mq4, then you know for sure it operates correctly.

I gather from your post you have it, but will attach it here anyway just to be sure.

Also attached some screenshots and notes I took.

Files:

traderduke:
mladen,

I have several CCFp indicators which are all different, one of them I believe is yours. Can you tell me which one is the correct one. I don't have the source file for gadi.

I still can't load some attachments either files or pictures AT TIMES. ironicly one is your "CCFp MTF 1.02. I don't have this problem with FF, Hopwood, donna, WWI & several others, only forex-tsd. The problem is on my new windows 7 machine. My XP machines still work great.

Can someone get in touch with me. I don't know if its my problem or yours. I know you just made some well needed changes to the platform. I have only had the 7 machine for about 5 weeks. I was able to load the 3 files but not mladens "CCFp MTF 1.02".

Thanks

Ray

Ray

As Snowski told, use the anyone we already posted here in these sections. For those I am fairly sure that they are OK

RSI of averages

At one point of original rsi calculation there are 2 Wilders ema (smoothed MA as it is known on metatrader - SMMA is actually Wilders EMA) averages used for smoothing data that is used in RSI calculation.

This is an upgraded and changed version of a similar one we had with an addition of 8 newer averages types, and the calculation is altered to use those averages in the rsi calculation itself (rsi does not use a smoothed price but the calculation itself is changed - that is why this indicator should not be confused with the previous version of "rsi of averages" indicator (could not invent some other name and that is why I used this name again with an addition of "2") - they are completely different indicators as far as results are concerned)

RSI OF AVERAGES 2 ( summed Histo VERSION )

HELLO MLADEN,

THANKS for the new RSI OF AVERAGES 2.

Please can you kindly create the SUMMED HISTO Version with which we can use at least 8 different PERIODS, and EACH PERIOD having its own specified LEVELS just exactly as you did with the attached earlier version.

MANY MANY THANKS FOR YOUR INVALUABLE SERVICES.

Reason: