Elite indicators :) - page 316

mladen,

Thank you for your answer, I understand what you said and I see that my questions are going a bit nonsense in the coding environment. But I had to ask because as you know I am not a coder (I don't wanna tell you what's my job, cause you'll laugh) . I try to do my best to at least code my EA's inspiring myself of your work. I know it's obvious for you and surely ennoying to answer those questions, but it's my only way to learn about it.

Now you enlighted me about those limits, and I thank you by the way cause it's a very good thing, but keep in mind I will still bother you with dumb questions.

"but keep in mind I will still bother you with dumb questions"

How does a virtual (internet) murder look like ________________________

Seriously now, in my opinion, main purpose for posting source code is not to let others have the source itself (scammers will find their way with or without the source) but to let everybody see the code told in coding language (since it is still a language) and to eventually learn a new language and that way learn to communicate with that dumb thing called computer.

As of your job : some very serious studies are showing that best coders are the one that never had formal coding education. The reason is simple : they do not have constraints that the coders are usually having, and then, unconstrained, they usually ask the most important questions. So, just keep on asking

regards

Mladen

Tradefx1:
mladen,

Thank you for your answer, I understand what you said and I see that my questions are going a bit nonsense in the coding environment. But I had to ask because as you know I am not a coder (I don't wanna tell you what's my job, cause you'll laugh) . I try to do my best to at least code my EA's inspiring myself of your work. I know it's obvious for you and surely ennoying to answer those questions, but it's my only way to learn about it.

Now you enlighted me about those limits, and I thank you by the way cause it's a very good thing, but keep in mind I will still bother you with dumb questions.

An idea :

Majority of indicators use n previous bars to calculate current value of something. Like ATR : it takes last n bars and calculates what is the current average true range. But what if we took ATR from 24 hours ago center it (so get an ATR that was half periods before and after) and use that as a kind of "prediction" (so, "it was like this around this time yesterday, it will probably be similar today" kind of "prediction") See the comparison of the "predicted" (upper) and the regular one
It seems to give some results that can be used (especially when we take into account that ATR is normally used in EAs) , but let see if it really is so. As I said, just an idea

Also added an option to center it or not. If it is not centered then it calculates an ATR that was after the bar 24 hours ago (so it calculates what happened after that bar in that case, not before it as a regular ATR does)

PS: it is an intra-day indicator (it will not work on periods > 1 hour)

Trix

mladen,

Would it be possible to add a histogram (the difference between fast and slow trix) to the attached Trix indicator so it looks like the image.

thanks,

jim

Files:
audchf2.gif  2 kb

Jim

Here you go
regards

Mladen

94315jim:
mladen,

Would it be possible to add a histogram (the difference between fast and slow trix) to the attached Trix indicator so it looks like the image.

thanks,

jim
Files:

thanx mladen.........

Dear mladen,

Came across this indicator today, it's included in the Wave59 system and called "Modified Lomb Periodogram".

From the website:

Modified Lomb Periodogram. The red oscillator reveals the relationship to the dominant market cycle. Wave59’s proprietary version is intelligent enough to know when it's confused. The green histogram indicates the level of error so you can trade with confidence.

Also see the attached screenshot.

I did some research on the net, and apparently there's metastock code available. Wikipedia describes the Lomb Periodogram here: Least-squares spectral analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you familiar with the Lomb Periodogram algorithm? If so, have you looked at it and drawn any conclusions?

I guess, in short I am asking: is this worthwhile to pursue a bit more? Do we have 'alternatives' for MT4 available?

Cheers, San

Files:
snag-0152.png  210 kb

San

I am not familiar with the algorithm of Lomb Periodogram.

From a quick search it seems that there are different indicators out there called that name. Will try to sort out what is what (see the attached pdf as an example - if I understand the statement "Like the periodogram, the Lomb periodogram is not a statistically consistent estimator" correctly, what they are telling that it is, like FFT and SSA, recalculating, especially when reading the next sentence too : "To obtain a spectral estimate that strikes a reasonable tradeoff between bias and variance, one may want to consider power averaging transforms of several, possibly overlapped, windowed segments of the observed signal", which is a rather complicated proposal to do the end pointing, but will see)

regards

Mladen

Snowski:
Dear mladen,

Came across this indicator today, it's included in the Wave59 system and called "Modified Lomb Periodogram".

From the website:

Also see the attached screenshot.

I did some research on the net, and apparently there's metastock code available. Wikipedia describes the Lomb Periodogram here: Least-squares spectral analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you familiar with the Lomb Periodogram algorithm? If so, have you looked at it and drawn any conclusions?

I guess, in short I am asking: is this worthwhile to pursue a bit more? Do we have 'alternatives' for MT4 available?

Cheers, San

Files:
lomb.pdf  381 kb

Hi mladen,

Thanks for the research and the PDF. Will dig in.

Will also setup Wave59 over the next couple of days and test this indie, see if I can discover more about the workings, settings, and how reliable the signals are.

Cheers, San

e-mail alert on sidus v3

mladen,

I am working with Sidus v3 (nrp) on 3 time frames for trend following

Would it be possible to add the following alert on Sidus v3:

each e-mail to be sent would give - as a text in the e-mail - the time frame and the exact time (day + hour + min) for which the alert is sent.

thanks,

devinci

Files:
sidus_v.3.mq4  4 kb
Reason: