Elite indicators :) - page 242

kalusao

I don't think you have an error or that you are making a mistake somewhere

Trend envelopes are not showing 1 to 1 a slope of the underlying moving average it uses (it's main filter (lines 135-136) goes like this :
if (Close>smax) trend= 1; if (Close<smin) trend=-1;
Even with deviation set to 0 trend envelopes is not showing the slope of the average but when Close crosses the average of UpperPriceor LowerPrice(I am talking here about the case when the deviation is set to 0 - otherwise when the close crosses the lower or higher envelope created as a % change of the average up or down), hence the difference in the things indicated.

Just one suggestion : if you are calling the function through the iCustomMA(...) then in the function you are already passing HullPeriod (the periodparameter in the function - it can be used instead of HullPeriod in the function) and price(you can use it instead of price2) and that way it will be shorter and more "integrated"

regards

Mladen

kalusao:
Thanks for the Hull MA variation indicator, mladen!

I have tried to integrate that indicator into your Trend envelopes (averages)-histo indicator.

For that I've added the ismooth function and the following function into the Trend envelopes (averages)-histo indicator.

double iHma_var(double price, double period, int i, int s=0)

{

double HalfP = HullPeriod/2.0;

double SqrtPeriod = MathSqrt(HullPeriod);

double price2 = iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,HullPrice,i);

double step1 = iSmooth(price2 ,HalfP,HullPhase,i, 0);

double step2 = iSmooth(price2 ,HullPeriod,HullPhase,i,10);

return (iSmooth(2.0*step1-step2,SqrtPeriod,HullPhase,i,20));

}

When comparing the histogram with the Hull MA variation values I see that it is not 100% the same.

Could you please tell me where my mistake is?

Thanks a lot Mladen !!!

mama

Hi mladen,

Could you please, give me more explanations about parameters on mama indicator. Fast ma, slow ma...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Shortest description of mama would be that mama is an adaptive ema. All the math there is used to determine what would be and "ideal" period for calculating ema in order to lag as little as possible.

The FastLimit and SlowLimit are there in order to limit ema within certain bounds. Fast limit of 0.5 is equivalent to ema(3) and slow limit of 0.05 is equivalent to ema(39). The "step" nature of it comes from those bounds: when it exceeds either of the bounds it is then corrected to stay within the bounds and that is one of the reasons why the "steps" are forming (the other (the main) is within the way how "ideal" period is calculated).

regards

Mladen

Tradefx1:
Hi mladen,

Could you please, give me more explanations about parameters on mama indicator. Fast ma, slow ma...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Many thanks mladen

regards,

Alfully quiet today...........

Bb macd ssa

Mladen:

Have you worked on a BB MACD with SSA indicator that doesn't repant yet?

I am sorry, but the nature of the SSA prevents it

SSA must recalculate last Lag bars (it is it's mathematical formula) so I am afraid that it is impossible to make a different SSA

regards

Mladen

thor68:
Mladen: Have you worked on a BB MACD with SSA indicator that doesn't repant yet?

mladen,

I got my KeltnerChannel EA working but not as well as inTS. I can't seem to get the

TS - Logic

{--Long--}

if CurrentBar > 1 and Price crosses over UpperBand then

begin

SetUp = true ;

CrossingHigh = High ;

end

else if Setup and ( Price = CrossingHigh + 1 point ) then

Setup = false ;

if Setup then

Buy ( "KltChLE" ) next bar at CrossingHigh + 1 point stop ;

into MT4 logic. I've tried several way as you can see from the earlier post, but at least now it works . I just need a little more MT4 logic.

Working MT4 Logic

if(Close [0] > upper)

&& TimeCondition()) return(true); return(false);

Any help or referral would be appreciated.

Ray

traderduke:
mladen

Could you help me translate TS code into MT4 code?

1. I have syntex errors I can't seem to get the "{" correct.

2. How do you translate the TS "Buy ( "KltChLE" ) next bar at CrossingHigh + 1 point stop " into a MT4 "Ordersend"?

If I'm out of line in this forum could you direct me for some help?

Thank You

Ray

My MT4 kc code;

bool BuySignal()

{

double upper=iCustom(NULL, 0,"RK-KeltnerChannel-atr",KCperiod,KCatr,0,ShiftKC+0);

double middle=iCustom(NULL, 0,"RK-KeltnerChannel-atr",KCperiod,KCatr,1,ShiftKC+0);

double lower=iCustom(NULL, 0,"RK-KeltnerChannel-atr",KCperiod,KCatr,2,ShiftKC+0);

if ( Close [1] upper) Setup == True && CrossingHigh == High;

else

if Setup && (Close [0] = CrossingHigh +1 Point) Setup == False;

if Setup

&& TimeCondition()) return(true); return(false);

} [/CODE]

Tradestation Keltner Code;

[CODE]Avg = AverageFC( Price, LengthKC ) ;

Shift = NumATRs * AvgTrueRange( LengthKC ) ;

UpperBand = Avg + Shift ;

LowerBand = Avg - Shift ;

{--Long--}

if CurrentBar > 1 and Price crosses over UpperBand then

{ CB > 1 check used to avoid spurious cross confirmation at CB = 1 }

begin

SetUp = true ;

CrossingHigh = High ;

end

else if Setup and ( Price = CrossingHigh + 1 point ) then

Setup = false ;

{ the High >= condition being true indicates that a buy must already have been

triggered at this bar so this setup has been used up and needs to be negated;

an example of a persisitent setup with an indefinite stop/limit trigger - setup

has to be negated after entry confirmed; also see Pivot Reversal LE/SE and

PercentR LE/SE }

if Setup then

Buy ( "KltChLE" ) next bar at CrossingHigh + 1 point stop ;

SSA Multi Color

Mladen,

Is it possible to make SSA Of Price Indi to be able to change color. One color when with is going up and a different color when it changes direction going down? (and if possible an alert when it changes color or direction)

Files:
Reason: