Elite indicators :) - page 207

Tradefx1

In order to honor the logic you are trying to implement, use this one.

Just one buffer. When value > 0 it is trend up. When the value < 0 it is trend down. Entry / exit when current value not equal to previous value (here is a comparison of the 2 - no mtf (use time frame parameter of the iCustom() if you plan to use mtf), no extras, made to be as efficient as possible)
regards

Mladen

Tradefx1:
mladen,

I'm trying to do an EA with Rainbow Oscillator, but doesn't do exactly what I want. Can explain me how it works or is there a Raibow Oscillator for EA ?

Thanks

Thanks, I'll try with it.

Keep you informed.

Thanks

Hi mladen,

Thanks so much for that pivot indicator...twas exactly what I was looking for...and I've even changed a few things in the code to suit my chart setup. The code is nice and tidy and easy to follow.

I have a similar request....re a fib pivot. In the attached indicator, option 3 provides the daily fib pivots as described in the attached article from Fibonacci Times. I'd like to be able to change the indicator so that I could do a monthly and weekly pivot using those calculations...and not just the daily.

I'm attaching the indicator and the article. Seems like a lot of folks have had their fingers into this one...so I don't know how easy it is to change.

I think I could even get the last pivot indicator to do what I need...if I could get the darn pivot point to be (Hi+Lo+Close )/3 and for it to draw something. . You think that would be easy.....and I'd like to give that a try on my own.

So I think the easiest way to do this would be to allow for the previous indicator pivot calculation to be selected as the existing calc or (H+L+C)/3. That would allow me to tinker with it and accomplish what I need.

Thanks

Ben

Files:
ftj14.pdf  524 kb

hi Ben,

If you use the fib zone equation I added to the SDX v6 and replace the camarilla code in the pivot points range indicator (which is already MTF) and save as a different indicator name, it would take you about 10 minutes and be a fraction of the work of trying to make the SDX MTF.

Just a thought.

Fudo

bkennedype:
Hi mladen,

Thanks so much for that pivot indicator...twas exactly what I was looking for...and I've even changed a few things in the code to suit my chart setup. The code is nice and tidy and easy to follow.

I have a similar request....re a fib pivot. In the attached indicator, option 3 provides the daily fib pivots as described in the attached article from Fibonacci Times. I'd like to be able to change the indicator so that I could do a monthly and weekly pivot using those calculations...and not just the daily.

I'm attaching the indicator and the article. Seems like a lot of folks have had their fingers into this one...so I don't know how easy it is to change.

I think I could even get the last pivot indicator to do what I need...if I could get the darn pivot point to be (Hi+Lo+Close )/3 and for it to draw something. . You think that would be easy.....and I'd like to give that a try on my own.

So I think the easiest way to do this would be to allow for the previous indicator pivot calculation to be selected as the existing calc or (H+L+C)/3. That would allow me to tinker with it and accomplish what I need.

Thanks

Ben

Thanks...I'll give that a try. My coding skills are limited...but I'm stumbling along. This seems like something I can do.

Ben

Fudomyo:
hi Ben,

If you use the fib zone equation I added to the SDX v6 and replace the camarilla code in the pivot points range indicator (which is already MTF) and save as a different indicator name, it would take you about 10 minutes and be a fraction of the work of trying to make the SDX MTF.

Just a thought.

Fudo

bkennedype:
Thanks...I'll give that a try. My coding skills are limited...but I'm stumbling along. This seems like something I can do. Ben

Actually I was a bit curious too, so made one to take a look.

Because of the buffer limits, indicator 1 has PP, SR1, SR2, SR3. I made an additional indicator for the SR4, SR5 levels.

Files:

Please MTF

Hello mladen,

please adding MTF on this indicator.

thanks!

Files:

Ema deviations and using them ...

This is an experiment with a "funny" question as a conclusion ...

The basis of the next couple indicators is an EMA deviations. First of all, it is not a standard deviation with ema used as the basis for standard deviations, so it can not be compared to it (comparison looks something like this, and as you see, the are different in more than one way)
In a lot of cases it is faster to react than the standard deviations and if it was the only property it had even than it would be useful. Immediate usage that comes to mind is making a Bollinger bands variation of it. So here is a "classical" bands variation of it too
What is immediately obvious that the bands break is very rare (remember, those are bands constructed using Close price and even like that High and Low fit so well into the bands) But since I already had a "should the bands be symmetrical or not ..." course of thinking even more obvious next step would be to make a asymmetrical bands version of this, so ...

Continued from the previous post : the asymmetrical version of ema deviations band ...

Apart from keeping the best part (the very good high low prices fit within the bands) it adds a better "feeling" of the trend since in the times of trending, the opposite band is narrowing
Now the "funny question" (as I mentioned on the previous post. If it is possible to construct bands like this with reasonable parameters (so no zillion deviations distance from the average - the default used here is a boringly usual 2 deviations) the do bands breaks exist at all? Is it possible to use any band breaking system if there are bands that are (without using extrapolations, without using any kind of "prediction", ... ) enclosing the "price action" (I use that term here even though I hate that expression) 99% of the time? And if it is so, is there any kind of randomness in the market at all?

Now, after these questions, one more variation of the asymmetric EMA deviations bands : the oscillator. It makes it easier to see the position of the price within the bands. Also, in this version, the central EMA line is treated as a "non-fixed" position zero line (a sort of adaptive zero line, since it is at it's relative position within the bands)

And now, if anybody got scared that I am going to write some more about this, don't worry This is all about this subject from me for now

Synthetic Vix

Hi Mladen, can you add some magic in Vix indicator, smoothed, bands any suggestion is welcome of course

Thank you in advance.

Files:
Reason: