Elite indicators :) - page 173

Schaff Trendcycle1

mladen:
traderduke

Here you go

The basic problem you had is that you ran into an 8 buffers limitation and that is why it did not work (even though you declared one additional buffer, it was actually not existing (you could eventually see it in run time errors - the "invalid buffer index" error) so room for that additional buffer needed to be made

Anyway, here it is (compared the "old" one up with the new one down)
PS: if you set the smoothing CDPeriod to 1, you are going to get the original (un-smoothed) Schaff trend cycle (so you have all the bases covered, sort of speeking)

regards

mladen

mladen,

I had hoped by leaving my feable attemp at programmiing in the text you would show me the errors of my ways.Thank you very much for the explaination and programming lesson. With each nugget of knowledge I hope to bother you less.

Thanks Again

Ray

Files:
swing_line.gif  24 kb
swing_line.mq4  10 kb

Dear Mladen. Please tell me how to use this indicator. Thanks a lot

Dear Mladen,

I wish to learn how to use this indicator properly (when to go short, and when to go long, based on what signal?, where to put stop loss, and take profit? and which time-frame is good to use this indicator?).

Thanks for your information.

By the way, your indicator is really very nice. If I know how to use it correctly, then, it will be very perfect.

Regards,

James

James

Entries should be easy : when it changes the direction (color) one should enter. Just an impression : my first impression is that it is good for scalping (so that it could be used on 5 minute time frame for example : here is a picture of a 15 minute swing line on a 5 minute chart - placed a comment where roughly you can see where would you gain or loose (but it is just a rough estimate))
But also, longer time frames seem to be showing some good signals, so, it is up to individual to find out a best suited way to use it (suited to ones needs and preferences)

As of stop losses : maybe a good way of managing stop losses would be to use a trailing stop (that could prevent some orders already in gain become a losing ones - in case of sudden opposite swings - and it could prevent those "price excursions" on the opposite side of the swing line cause premature closes) In any case, a position should be closed if the direction changes

The good thing about this indicator is that, unlike other swing detecting indicators, it does not change previous signals (a lot of swing indicators are in fact a kind of a zigzag, this one has nothing to do with a zigzag) So, if the color is changed and a bar is closed, it will not change.

PS: since the indicator depends on highs and lows, and since those can change on an opened bar, one should wait for the bar to close (so if you use alerts, set the alertsOnCurrent to false)

regards

mladen

Files:

Hello mladen,

If I remember correct,some time ago you fixed the velocity+alert indi.

Can you please add mtf-function.

Thank you

patona

Files:

MTF Please

Hi mladen,

Please MTF.

sorry my poor english.

Best Chart set up

mladen

With all the request that you have so graciously fulfilled there must be times when you feel the request is less then useful, yet you never cirtique their idea good or bad, That's admirable. With that in mind I guess the question is what indicator chart setup do you favor. I'll list mine vs the other options by type and respectfully ask for your opinion and anyone elses:

1. Trend- MACD vs HA, ADX, MA, Parabolic SAR, Wolfe Wave

2. Volume- I don't have what I would call a good volume ??CMF, ROC, MFI etc. In trade station I have a Klinger Goslin which serves me well.

3. Momentum-CCI vs Stoc, Rswi, Trix, %R

4. Volitility- Channels"-Keltner Channels & MA 5's High and Low vs Bollinger Bands, ATR, Chaikin (CHV)

5. Cycles- Shaff Trend Cycle vs Elliott Wave, Wolfe Wave

I realize that its all in the eyes of the beholder but what combination do you feel compliments each other. The types and styles of each is mind boggling. I find the above indicators used on a 1hr chart or a offline 5m -Renko-10 pip chart to give the clearest picture.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. See Chart; Macd, Shaff trend, Arrows are CCI -14 crosses 0, yellow serrated are MA5's high & low, Magenta serrated are KC 7pd, .75 ATR w-2m offline Renko-10pip

Ray

patona

Here you go
PS: just want to remind that with my mtfs you do not need to remember the number of minutes associated to a time frame. You can use the names of the time frames that are used on periodicity bar (these ) :
For example weekly would be "w1" and no need to remember that it is 10080 minutes, or monthly would be "mn" instead of 43200 (you can use both ways, but since I am lazy, I prefer the shorter way )

regards

mladen

patona:
Hello mladen,

If I remember correct,some time ago you fixed the velocity+alert indi.

Can you please add mtf-function.

Thank you

patona

yama, here you go

Changed GMMA (unified them) so now you have just 1 indicator and not 2 separate ("long" and "short") versions. Choose with ShowLongGMMAdo you want the short GMMA (default) or long GMMA (if ShowLongGMMA is set to true)

Arrows version is separate version (here is the "arrows" version added to the chart)

PS: Is you want the color of starting MA same as the ending MA set the StartColorand EndColorto same value

regards

mladen

yama728:
Hi mladen,

Please MTF.

sorry my poor english.

Hi

mladen,

Many many thanks!!!

Reason: