Elite indicators :) - page 110

FTLM_hist with buy/sell Arrows.

Snowski:
Can one of the excellent programmers here add "buy/sell" arrows in the main chart for one of these indicators?

(Color change in bars = arrow in chart).

If one is done, I can (try to) do the other two myself.

The most ideal situation would be to only get an arrow if all three indicators are pointing in same direction/are aligned, but I guess that would mean combining all three indicators into one, or move them into an EA...?

Thanks alot in advance!

P.S. Please download fixed version.

Files:

mladen:
This is a result of an experiment.

The starting point for making it is was something I have been considering as illogical for some time : why do the bands in Bollinger bands or Keltner channel, or any xxx bands have to be symmetrical to the central value? It simply does not seem logical (at least to me it doesn't ).

In time of trends we can not expect "the opposite" band to be reached the same way as the "trend side band". Placing those symmetrically simple negates trends. I know that a lot of people will tell that there is no such thing as "trend" but if we keep the definition within "a prevailing movement in one direction" than we have it.

So this one does : if there is a movement in one direction, the "opposite" band is narrowing. If the price movement is random-ing, bands tend to be symmetrical

Very interesting thought, makes a lot of sense.

Appreciate you sharing this here...I sense opportunities with this.

Mladen:
Mike,

First this one (in the one that you posted there were some problems in the multi time frame mode and it was not a non-repainting version (colors could repaint in some cases)) So those things are correct in this one and it is using allAverages v 2.5 (that is the one I have on my PC, hence I changed it from version 2.3a that is used in your version)

Just for comparison (why I say that multi time frame is not OK in the all_stc... version : when you look at the higher time frame chart you should get the same thing on a lower time frame chart but "widened". Compare the way the two are working - upper is 1 hour chart and lower is 30 minute chart - the all_... clearly fails to repeat what it was showing on 1 hour chart :

A question about the arrows : I suppose you want them on a main chart?

regards

Mladen

==========================

Mladen, I am a great supporter of the SchaffTrendCycle indicator you built, especially the "nrp" version. As you recall I had the problem with the MTF version from the start and when I saw this Post, I was very excited as I am still using the "head-rearing-cobra" in MTF format but have learned to adapt to its behaviour as it gives me the clue that I am looking for.

Attach is a screen-print of a 30-M chart with Schaff on the right hand side and same setting Schaffs on the M-5 TF on the left.

First sub window is the new version you just posted with the "old" version underneath it. Both with same settings and set @ M-30 TF.

I marked the turning points with horizontal lines and numbered it on M-30 for your kind perusal.

It clearly does not do what it is suppose to do in MTF format.

Any suggestions or explanation for this, please? I really would like to use an MTF-version that is solidly stable and from watching the new one with the use of SnapShot, it is stable.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Files:

mladen:
Mike,

First this one (in the one that you posted there were some problems in the multi time frame mode and it was not a non-repainting version (colors could repaint in some cases)) So those things are correct in this one and it is using allAverages v 2.5 (that is the one I have on my PC, hence I changed it from version 2.3a that is used in your version)

Just for comparison (why I say that multi time frame is not OK in the all_stc... version : when you look at the higher time frame chart you should get the same thing on a lower time frame chart but "widened". Compare the way the two are working - upper is 1 hour chart and lower is 30 minute chart - the all_... clearly fails to repeat what it was showing on 1 hour chart :

A question about the arrows : I suppose you want them on a main chart?

regards

mladen

hello Mladen

Could you Add Arrow on the Schaff Trend Cycle

on the chart when color change.

thank you

Files:

Mike,

If you read the previous post with a document attached (the one by Doug Schaff) you will see that the one you attached is in fact not a Schaff trend cycle (STC has been a "mysterious" indicator for a while - everybody was guessing how to calculate it until the original was made public)

Anyway : here it is (along with a comparison of the original Schaff and the "non-original at the bottom of the chart). This one is made after the original

regards

mladen

mike pearce:
hello Mladen

Could you Add Arrow on the Schaff Trend Cycle

on the chart when color change.

thank you

ValeoFX

Now, I am assuming that you have used a MAMethod 1 and that you set a close (0) as an input parameter for Pricein the "new" indicator (in order to make it use EMA instead of JSmooth as it is by default in the "new" one, and to make it calculate the Shaff trends cycle they way the original Schaff trend cycle is calculated) If not, than you are comparing the incomparable.

If yes (you used those parameters) from the document attached at the original post (here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176577 (that is an original document from Doug Schaff - attaching it here once again for everyone's convenience)) the conclusion is that you are comparing a Schaff trend cycle with a non-Schaff trend cycle. You can compare what should the code do and check if the "new" version is indeed the same as Doug Schaffs original.

ValeoFX:
==========================

Mladen, I am a great supporter of the SchaffTrendCycle indicator you built, especially the "nrp" version. As you recall I had the problem with the MTF version from the start and when I saw this Post, I was very excited as I am still using the "head-rearing-cobra" in MTF format but have learned to adapt to its behaviour as it gives me the clue that I am looking for.

Attach is a screen-print of a 30-M chart with Schaff on the right hand side and same setting Schaffs on the M-5 TF on the left.

First sub window is the new version you just posted with the "old" version underneath it. Both with same settings and set @ M-30 TF.

I marked the turning points with horizontal lines and numbered it on M-30 for your kind perusal.

It clearly does not do what it is suppose to do in MTF format.

Any suggestions or explanation for this, please? I really would like to use an MTF-version that is solidly stable and from watching the new one with the use of SnapShot, it is stable.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.
Files:
schaff_code.pdf  264 kb

mladen,

I am replacing the Keltner Bands in an EA with your version (Asymmetric Bands) to see how this will impact trades.

Had a question about buffers, but figured it out - hence edit.

Thanks again.

mladen:
Mike,

If you read the previous post with a document attached (the one by Doug Schaff) you will see that the one you attached is in fact not a Schaff trend cycle (STC has been a "mysterious" indicator for a while - everybody was guessing how to calculate it until the original was made public)

Anyway : here it is (along with a comparison of the original Schaff and the "non-original at the bottom of the chart). This one is made after the original

regards

mladen

Finally really READ the document this time and think i finally understand it correctly, kept thinking Schaff was like any other o/s and o/b indicator only tradeable between levels 25 and 75, but Schaff in his indicator o/b = Schaff going down from above 75 and o/s = Schaff going up from below 25, when Schaff line flat above 75 and below 25 usually represent strong trend.this used to be where i would exit thinking now in o/s or o/b territory.duh!!

Thanks

Mladen

mrtools:
Finally really READ the document this time and think i finally understand it correctly, kept thinking Schaff was like any other o/s and o/b indicator only tradeable between levels 25 and 75, but Schaff in his indicator o/b = Schaff going down from above 75 and o/s = Schaff going up from below 25, when Schaff line flat above 75 and below 25 usually represent strong trend.this used to be where i would exit thinking now in o/s or o/b territory.duh!!

Thanks

Mladen

Hello Mladen i need a EA.. it a Buy, Sell alert base on ArrZZx2 ofcourse

and other indi i found on the net.

i have the source code.

can you help?

thanks..

Thank you Mladen...

mladen:
ValeoFX

Now, I am assuming that you have used a MAMethod 1 and that you set a close (0) as an input parameter for Pricein the "new" indicator (in order to make it use EMA instead of JSmooth as it is by default in the "new" one, and to make it calculate the Shaff trends cycle they way the original Schaff trend cycle is calculated) If not, than you are comparing the incomparable.

If yes (you used those parameters) from the document attached at the original post (here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176577 (that is an original document from Doug Schaff - attaching it here once again for everyone's convenience)) the conclusion is that you are comparing a Schaff trend cycle with a non-Schaff trend cycle. You can compare what should the code do and check if the "new" version is indeed the same as Doug Schaffs original.

Thank you Mladen for replying.

My mistake; sorry. I used it as defaultand did not realise that until you pointed it out.

I attach the correct settings now again on M-5 TF set @ M-30 and as you will agree this is precisely what we needed. Brilliant as usual.

Much appreciate you.

Files:
Reason: